Modern Society (Particularly the British)

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.

Should there be a filter at the airport?

yes
76%
no
24%

Total votes: 17

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:11 pm

I have never mentioned the words dictator or nazi but I will not say that they have not run through my mind.
In this thread alone samixdat and yourself have tried to belittle everyone who has not agreed with you. Accusing people of being overly Politically Correct for instance.
If you want respect then treat others with respect. Respect is something which is earned it comes to no-one as a natural right. Money can not buy respect and neither can it buy class. So be you poor in Torremollinos or well heeled in Banus it matters not, if you do not earn respect or give respect you certainly will not get it in return.

citymike
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby citymike » Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:21 am

samizdat wrote:Being a snob is not the same as being discriminating because a snob has already made their mind up before any evidence to the contrary

then in this case - by your own definition - thats exactly what you are.
Just a minute, using that argument means that I am a racist because I say all racists are racist?
samizdat wrote:Hence, you and he would have avoided the company of Albert Camus when he was in his Algeria goalkeepers shirt drinking his absinthe.

wrong again, its quite likely - particularly as he was one of the founders of "absurdisum"
What does absurdism mean to you? You have the whole resource that is the internet to use before you reply. Impress us!!

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:48 am

You have the whole resource that is the internet to use before you reply. Impress us!!
Unfair mike, could you not have given him something easy like counting the grains of sand on Fuengirola Beach?

peeing in the street.

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:18 am

What's wrong with women widdlin' in the street anyway huh ??
Nah, only kiddin. That is unnacceptable behaviour but the British are targeted when it's not ALWAYS them to blame. Lots of Irish gypsies make their way to Marbella/PB as they have loads of dosh. They think nothing of widdlin' wherever they want. Widdlin' and worse. They are of the same appearance of some of the less respectable Brits and behave in the same manner. I believe it is underestimated how many Irish gypsies are traipsin' around Puerto Banus doin' naughties and gettin the poor Brits the blame.

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:23 am

Sorry Jose, got to disagree. If the diddy's widdle they bottle it and sell it as a magic potion on the same stall as their clothes pegs.

Fair enough

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:33 am

Not bad. I should have realised that. My mistake and I apologise.
What do they do with the other stuff though? Makes you think they mean when they say ' Me Da has a lorry, can oi taermac yer droiveway sir?'

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:29 pm

How do you know when an Irish gypsy is having her period?
She's only wearing one sock.

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:34 pm

daneinspain in answer to your question...
As a child I offten heard say..where there is muck there is money...
nowdays...things have only changed a little...where there is money there is muck..
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

mollydog

Postby mollydog » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:07 pm

silver wrote:where there is muck there is money...
nowdays...things have only changed a little...where there is money there is muck..
That´s good, Silver, I like that!

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:37 pm

Mollydog..glad to please.
daneinspain
I wish the British were more like they were many years ago
..the men with handkies on their heads..
... Oh yes I remember it well

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:03 pm

Daneinspain, at least the british women shave their armpits.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:19 pm

José de la gota wrote:Daneinspain, at least the british women shave their armpits.
That's only so you can see all their tatoos easier! :D
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:51 pm

angel2005 wrote:I have never mentioned the words dictator or nazi but I will not say that they have not run through my mind.
In this thread alone samixdat and yourself have tried to belittle everyone who has not agreed with you. Accusing people of being overly Politically Correct for instance.
If you want respect then treat others with respect. Respect is something which is earned it comes to no-one as a natural right. buy respect and neither can it buy class.Money can not So be you poor in Torremollinos or well heeled in Banus it matters not, if you do not earn respect or give respect you certainly will not get it in return.
Quote by Angela "money cannot (one word) buy class, neither can it buy respect" unquote, As has been clearly displayed by some "lottery winners", with money one can however buy education and lessons in how to conduct oneself in public! if one seeks respect that is!

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:03 pm

Nothing to do with what you are try to say..but cant agree with this
Respect is something which is earned it comes to no-one as a natural right. Money can not buy respect
Lots of people are respected without earning it, some have it as a born right and ..baby, what world do you live in...money buys everything...everyone/everything has a price....

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:11 pm

aldothetrowel wrote:
angel2005 wrote:I have never mentioned the words dictator or nazi but I will not say that they have not run through my mind.
If you want respect then treat others with respect. Respect is something which is earned it comes to no-one as a natural right. buy respect and neither can it buy class.Money can not So be you poor in Torremollinos or well heeled in Banus it matters not, if you do not earn respect or give respect you certainly will not get it in return.
Quote by Angela "money cannot (one word) buy class, neither can it buy respect" unquote, As has been clearly displayed by some "lottery winners", with money one can however buy education and lessons in how to conduct oneself in public! if one seeks respect that is!
Good Luck with the lottery then Aldo!!

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:12 pm

silver wrote:Nothing to do with what you are try to say..but cant agree with this
Respect is something which is earned it comes to no-one as a natural right. Money can not buy respect
Lots of people are respected without earning it, some have it as a born right and ..baby, what world do you live in...money buys everything...everyone/everything has a price....
Just because you may suck up to someone with money or title does not mean that you respect them.

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:18 pm

angel2005 wrote:
aldothetrowel wrote:
Good Luck with the lottery then Aldo!!
As I recall you told the forum recently that you were able to live in Spain, because you had won the lotto, why then not take poor old aldos advice, (who has probably been banned now due to your childish whinging to admin) and go to ettiquette school where they will teach you basic human manners, you could also learn how to spell!!

IF as you stated you ARE alottery winner, you could do these things!

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:35 pm

You can't leave me alone can you stan? All this "I will ignore you" bit, but if you didn't have me you wouldn't have anyone to talk to. Retired Civil Servant? Let me guess, you were a tax collector. That's why the only mates you can get are Aldo and Topper, because they are just as desperate.

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:52 pm

As I recall you told the forum recently that you were able to live in Spain, because you had won the lotto

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Ah yes, the ugly face of jealousy. Civil Service Pension not quite paying the bills then stanley?

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:17 pm

angel2005 wrote:
As I recall you told the forum recently that you were able to live in Spain, because you had won the lotto

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Ah yes, the ugly face of jealousy. Civil Service Pension not quite paying the bills then stanley?
Angela, I worked for the British government for thirty five years (I am a "bog paddy" as you, with your limited views, care to describe us) my income, thank you very much is more than adequate, and what's more, I worked for it!