EasyJet goes mad

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Peter
Andalucia.com Amigo

EasyJet goes mad

Postby Peter » Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:50 am

Has anyone noticed the crazy prices easyjet are asking now, I live between Malaga and Granada and thank god for Ryanair, Monarch and Granada airport, to be fair to Monarch their Malaga flights are also a lot cheaper than Easyjet, the legroom on all Monarch though is the worst by far.
EasyJet have definately lost the plot though!

amheuwr
Andalucia.com Amigo

Difference

Postby amheuwr » Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:57 am

Easyjet certainly seem to be a bit more expensive, but not that much more. Ryanair's prices seem to jump up quite a bit with the added taxes. We have used both these companies and were happy with the service provided. Our big problem is that we live a long way from London so we miss out on some of the cheaper prices from both EJ and Ryanair. :(

Chalky
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Chalky » Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:09 am

Our big problem is that we live a long way from London so we miss out on some of the cheaper prices from both EJ and Ryanair.
There's always bmibaby from Cardiff.

angel
Tourist

easyjet

Postby angel » Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:59 pm

My mum comes over about 5 times a year, and we always look for the cheapest flight, which is always easyjet (flying from Gatwick)

We find that Monarch shows a cheaper price but then the taxes are three times as much as easyjet, so it works out more expensive.

Dont just look at the prices, go on to the next booking stage and you will see a difference.

poshtotti
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby poshtotti » Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:20 pm

I've just booked flights for a friend & British Airways were €200 return CHEAPER than Easyjet!!! - You get a real seat, a newspaper & don't have to pay extortionate prices for your sandwich & coffee - they're free.....Oh & there's the bonus of air miles.....why fly Easyjet?!?

Thomson have started flying from several locations in the UK, I've just booked a return for next year. One way was €6 each, but then you have to add tax at €47!!! :shock: Still beats Easyjet. Budget airline maybe......hmmmm........my grey donkey it's budget prices.

Flybe fly from Exeter they are cheaper than Easyjet from Bristol too....

amheuwr
Andalucia.com Amigo

Best for price?

Postby amheuwr » Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:39 pm

At the end of the day you have to shop around all the airlines to find the best prices, and go further than the initial stages that show flight prices only. Must admit that I have never found BA to be cheaper than EJ! Was there a special offer on or something? You just have to scan the net for the best prices from airports that are suitable for your needs. :(

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:37 pm

Chalky wrote:
Our big problem is that we live a long way from London so we miss out on some of the cheaper prices from both EJ and Ryanair.
There's always bmibaby from Cardiff.
Exactly, but there's only BMIBaby, no other as far as I know. Which means their prices are not very cheap. I think we paid about £120 each, end of last month. You have to book a long time in advance, or be very lucky to get a cheap flight with BMI from Cardiff. We use them about 3 times a year, simply because there is nothing else. Even Cardiff is a 2 hour drive for us, Bristol nearly 3, and the London airports can be 5/6 hours, or even more if you are stuck on the M25. A London flight for us would normally involve an overnight stop, very expensive parking, a lot more petrol etc, so we have to bite the bullet and pay BMI prices. Probably not a lot in it at the end of the day. However, it's a price I'll happily pay, rather than live near London! :cry:
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

Nicks
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nicks » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:55 pm

I have found British Airways is sometimes cheaper than Easyjet too. If you book a year in advance on BA you can get some good deals.... Or Iberia Airlines I have heard can be cheaper as well.

poshtotti
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby poshtotti » Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:15 pm

No, it wasn't a special offer on BA, it wasn't even booked months in advance, only booked 72 hours before departure.

Where in Wales are you if you are so far from Cardiff & Bristol? - Are you closer to North West airports? - Some very cheap flights in & out of those too.

Kelly4
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Kelly4 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:08 pm

I just booked TWO return flights from London to Seville (Ryanair) for a grand total (including taxes) of 53 pounds!

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:15 pm

poshtotti wrote:No, it wasn't a special offer on BA, it wasn't even booked months in advance, only booked 72 hours before departure.

Where in Wales are you if you are so far from Cardiff & Bristol? - Are you closer to North West airports? - Some very cheap flights in & out of those too.
Extreme south west, Pembrokeshire. A couple steps takes us into the Irish Sea! :D It's 100 miles from our house to Cardiff Airport. No, I'm afraid, Cardiff is the only option.
Regards, Frank

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:36 pm

BA do have some good deals if you don't need a certain day to fly. Just booked to Miami on their spanish web 280 euros return Malaga/heathrow/miami

kevin77
Resident

Postby kevin77 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:46 am

Budget airline flight prices have gone up due to the demand of the 'new lifers' ie people who leave Britain and say they will never return but prebook to come back 10/12 times each year to a)Cash their giro b) claim old persons mobility allowance c) claim winter hardship fuel payment or d) as part of their new profession as cigarette smuggler.
Fair play to the scoungers, but the average tourist who hasnt got loads of time free to scour the websites for bargain flights has to pay full price, especially during school holidays.

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:47 am

My husband commutes weekly using either Gatwick or Heathrow airports. He block books his flights twice a year and usually finds the cheapest are Easyjet, sometimes Monarch. Of course you don't tend to get the cheap deals when fying at weekends with no flexibility. Over the course of a year his flights average at around a hundred pounds return, per week.

amheuwr
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby amheuwr » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:32 am

poshtotti wrote:Where in Wales are you if you are so far from Cardiff & Bristol? - Are you closer to North West airports? - Some very cheap flights in & out of those too.
The North West airports are the ones we tend to use, Liverpool in particular. In fact we are off to Liverpool in a couple of hours, eventually ending up in Vejer de la Frontera. Wish EJ flew to Jerez.
I agree with a few comments about the booking well in advance. If you are able to do this then there is no problem getting cheaper flight.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:03 am

amheuwr wrote:
poshtotti wrote: In fact we are off to Liverpool in a couple of hours, eventually ending up in Vejer de la Frontera. .
Ah! Lucky you! We have been there 3 times in the last couple of years, and like it a lot. Nice area. Where are you staying there, do you have your own place? We stayed in Casa del Califa last time, really enjoyed it.
Regards, Frank

accommodation-in-spain
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby accommodation-in-spain » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:58 pm

www.skyscanner.net are really good for comparing flight costs in one hit - saves time and it seems very reliable :D

Peter
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Peter » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:44 pm

Well 1st I have to say that I fly from anywhere near London, 2nd so many of you state the obvious! we all know who fly's where and where from, additionally I think we are all bright enough to understand the bottom line (hopefully), as too kevin 77, you are a bit sad old boy, but you can all do the test yourself, use a few different dates and check against Easyjet, Ryanair and Monarch, but remember this message was posted using the Malaga/Granada to London (any) routes.

kevin77
Resident

Postby kevin77 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:55 pm

What do you want Pete? A free shuttle service between London and the British colony of Malaga? Better lobby your local MP. The prices are determined by supply and demand.

Peter
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Peter » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:16 am

Oh dear Kevin you do seem to be rattled but you have the right name!
I am comparing prices or did you miss that !!