Car Hire Stanstead

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Car Hire Stanstead

Postby Bongtrees » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:34 pm

Can anyone recommend a car hire company at Stanstead Uk I am going back for a few days and just looked at the usual Avis etc and their charges are horrendous plus a 600 pound excess!!!!!

Mike

tt
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby tt » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:51 pm

We have used 1car1.com car rental when flying into Stansted and found them to be good value for money. Having pre booked you telephone them when you have landed and they pick you up and take you to collect your car about a mile away. Will be using them again in March.

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Postby Bongtrees » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:58 pm

tt wrote:We have used 1car1.com car rental when flying into Stansted and found them to be good value for money. Having pre booked you telephone them when you have landed and they pick you up and take you to collect your car about a mile away. Will be using them again in March.
many thanks
I just called them and they have a 500pound excess which can be reduced to 200 pounds by paying extra insurance. I prefer zero excess if anyone knows of a company with that option.

Mike

curatokid
Resident

Postby curatokid » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:29 pm

I have used Budget at Stansted recently, they were by far the cheapest on short term rental, they also will hold you responsible as most companies for the first 600 pounds of ANY claim, I paid the 10 pounds per day excess to cover any claim and got a free upgrade , a rip off but peace of mind, when I returned the car they went over it with a fine tooth comb so check it when collecting, I have also used a broker CARJET who will supposedly give you the best price but I always check the Hertz Avis Budget National Alimo sites as they often have special deals, and all at the airport.

Trigger
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Trigger » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:45 pm

When I book with carjet I always check prices with holidayautos they are always just a bit dearer. They cover Stansted so may be worth a try.

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:15 pm

Hubby has taken out an insurance policy to cover any claims he might have from car hire ´damages´. It was a yearly policy and not very expensive- ok if you use car hire a lot! Covers you for all car hire away from your home