"You better be quick..............."

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
LiLoLil
Tourist

Postby LiLoLil » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:45 pm

Having viewed a number of properties over the past couple of months there is one common phrase that has come from every viewing.......

"Oh yes i should tell you that someone was round this morning asking if my land was for sale................... Blah, Blah, Blah"

This has been from virtually every owner whos property I have wasted many hours viewing because there is no paperwork, 376 different owners etc etc.

Today was the best............

I enquired about a property for sale on a agents web site.....

Exchanged a few emails, awaited some vital information about access to be told today that "The owner has someone interested but nothing concrete. We Would recommend you view the property as soon as possible before it is sold".

1) The agent has not been able to get the vital information as they have not yet contacted the owners.
2) The property has been for sale for nearly 2 years

I thought this was about the best I have had so far.

Any similar stories out there??

chrisuk
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: "You better be quick..............."

Postby chrisuk » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:43 pm

LiLoLil wrote: 2) The property has been for sale for nearly 2 years

I thought this was about the best I have had so far.
2 years.....if you like then you could be on a winner, dont show excitement and slap in a really low offer, they'll come back blah blah blah and simply just say you have your eyes on another property and not to waste your time, a good agent will always go that extra mile and they are out there

Sad K

Postby Sad K » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:25 am

Sorry LiloLil, I can do much better, We gave our criteria for a house (purchase) to several professional sounding estate agents in the Malaga area! our requirements? minimum 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, large kitchen, large living area, office space, large garden, pool, price, open minded!
We came on a viewing expedition to Marbella a few weeks ago one guy called Simon (just in case you come across him) and based in Marbella, greasy hair and a general attitude about him that suggested he was doing us a favour, proceeded to show us a two bed bungalow, with a piece of land just big enough for a garage,no pool, when I challenged him re my criteria being at least five bedrooms he said it's not difficult to get planning permission!! where do these people come from and more importantly, how on earth do they survive when it's clear that they can't possibly be trusted!!

LiLoLil
Tourist

Postby LiLoLil » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:21 am

[quote="a good agent will always go that extra mile and they are out there[/quote]

Where would that be then Chris?

Seems they ALL do a very good job of keeping their "extra mile" well and truly hidden!!

chrisuk
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby chrisuk » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:31 am

LiLoLil wrote:a good agent will always go that extra mile and they are out there

Where would that be then Chris?

Seems they ALL do a very good job of keeping their "extra mile" well and truly hidden!!
To find a agent that will go the "Extra mile" you'll have to see what people say about "X" agent and so on but Im well sure you knew that already
Last edited by chrisuk on Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:57 am

There is a new add on Spanish TV from an agent who guarantees to buy your property back after a year if you are not satisfied...I wonder
well this is salesman tactic...but nothing to surprise.
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.