Spain, is this real??

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Midnight Rambler

Spain, is this real??

Postby Midnight Rambler » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:34 am

Please tell me this is not true, I arrived here yesterday, the first thing that caught my attention was the surliness of the people, perhaps because I don't speak Spanish, ok, I let that one go by, The hotel was a joke, NH Mãlaga, four star, only if you lie on your back and count them through the skylight, last night I was introduced to the local nightlife, actually in Fuengirola, christ I thought I was on the set of eastenders (only with an even worst script) are there any Spanish people living in the area? the higlight though has been this morning, a bone shattering ride up what can only be described as a donkey track (during which we almost went over the edge) the "caretaker of the "property" has already tried to sell me the services of a cook, chauffeur, gardener and property maintenence man, all of whom appear to have the same surname, perhaps I'm being judgemental but I know this place will test me!

Number one criteria has to be Spanish lessons, quite frankly I don't know how I'll survive if I don't learn the language, ps I will be posting here regularly for the next few weeks (or until I top myself) asking a lot of stupid questions please humour me!!

Valencia_Paul
Resident

Postby Valencia_Paul » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:57 am

Just curious Midnight but how did you make this post after arriving in Spain. Found an internet cafe?

Midnight Rambler

Postby Midnight Rambler » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:02 am

Valencia_Paul wrote:Just curious Midnight but how did you make this post after arriving in Spain. Found an internet cafe?
From my hotel room!

Deborah
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Deborah » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:10 am

Hi Midnight Rambler,

This is Spain.

You can avoid the Fuengirola type places, although I am sure that if you do not speak the lingo you will be grateful of them soon enough.

When you find them the pros certainly make up for the cons. How terrible Spain would be if we made it a little Britain.

Get used to is or there are some very cheap flights back to the UK. And to be quite honest I for one will not be "humouring" your pig ignorance.

KEEP SPAIN SPANISH I say. Quaint dirt tracks and all.

Deborah

safeashouses
Resident

Re: Spain, is this real??

Postby safeashouses » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:20 am

:?: Are there any Spanish people living in the area and then you say you will have to learn Spanish to survive. :?

:?: Out and about this morning and then back to your hotel room to post on the forum by 9.34am. :o

PERHAPS I'M BEING JUDGEMENTAL BUT ARE YOU TRYING TO TEST US ALL YET AGAIN :roll:

Midnight Rambler

Postby Midnight Rambler » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:50 pm

Deborah wrote:Hi Midnight Rambler,

This is Spain...

Deborah
Forgive me if my posting offended you, but if it did could you please tell me how??
I've only just got here, my comments were absolutely tongue in cheek if you take the trouble to read them properly, Jesus Christ what's with you people I'm looking for help, unclench your cheeks you little newbie you!!

Midnight Rambler

Re: Spain, is this real??

Postby Midnight Rambler » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:56 pm

safeashouses wrote:
Midnight Rambler wrote:Please tell me this is not true, I arrived here yesterday, the first thing that caught my attention was the surliness of the people, perhaps because I don't speak Spanish, ok, I let that one go by, The hotel was a joke, NH Mãlaga, four star, only if you lie on your back and count them through the skylight, last night I was introduced to the local nightlife, actually in Fuengirola, christ I thought I was on the set of eastenders (only with an even worst script) are there any Spanish people living in the area? the higlight though has been this morning, a bone shattering ride up what can only be described as a donkey track (during which we almost went over the edge) the "caretaker of the "property" has already tried to sell me the services of a cook, chauffeur, gardener and property maintenence man, all of whom appear to have the same surname, perhaps I'm being judgemental but I know this place will test me!

Number one criteria has to be Spanish lessons, quite frankly I don't know how I'll survive if I don't learn the language, ps I will be posting here regularly for the next few weeks (or until I top myself) asking a lot of stupid questions please humour me!!
:?: Are there any Spanish people living in the area and then you say you will have to learn Spanish to survive. :?

:?: Out and about this morning and then back to your hotel room to post on the forum by 9.34am. :o

PERHAPS I'M BEING JUDGEMENTAL BUT ARE YOU TRYING TO TEST US ALL YET AGAIN :roll:

I'll give you the same answer as the clone before you, My comments were tongue firmly in cheek, yes I was up early this morning before 06.00 actually, I was standing on a cold windy hill by 07.15 and back in my hotel room by 08.37, I had meusli and toast for breakfast then a crap, then back to bed anything else you'd like to know about my itinerary, what a pitiful response to my first postings on Spanish soil, why the arrogance and aggression do you need a joint or something.

Deborah
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Deborah » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:58 pm

In your posting I didnt see any questions or phrases that refer to needing help. What I saw in your post was plain criticism.

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:15 pm

(or until I top myself)
Shouldn't it be *yawn* yourself?

Midnight Rambler

Postby Midnight Rambler » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:16 pm

Deborah wrote:In your posting I didnt see any questions or phrases that refer to needing help. What I saw in your post was plain criticism.
Deborah, It was plain "tongue in cheek" I'm not the type of person who criticises out of hand, the Spanish person at the car hire desk was downright rude to me when I asked him if they supplied yellow safety jackets, which I've been informed is the law, my hotel is terrible masquerading as 4 star, well it isn't.
When I referred to the Fuengirola experience it was meant to be with mock horror, I have seen more Spaniards in the East end than Fuengirola, I have been informed that this is wherea certain element of brit hangs out and I can assure you I will not be a regular visito there, apparently neither you nor the other attacker got it. I repeat if I have offended you personally I apologise and would be grateful if you could give me the name of a good Spanish teacher or school thank, (because I don't want to be like those people in Fuengirola and speak only English, get it)!

Midnight Rambler

Postby Midnight Rambler » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:22 pm

spanish hopes wrote:
(or until I top myself)
Spanish, don't start that rubbish again, please don't try to turn the forum asgainst me by constantly referring to me as *yawn*, you know I'm not, stop being childish!
Somehow you can't let *yawn* got can you, he must have hurt you very deeply, I wonder how deeply after all you were always referring to him as a homosexual, I guess that kind of of love can hurt pretty deeply!!

MaggieMay
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby MaggieMay » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:45 pm

Oh boy, I thought it had been quiet. He's about to go over the edge again, of a windy hill in Malaga or so he would have us believe.
I wear it well...........

sherlock holmes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sherlock holmes » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:45 pm

spanish hopes wrote

and so it starts, our troll stirs it up as he prepares to sacrifice another personality.

Amazing how he knows insults from months before he joined the board :?:

yawn .....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

MaggieMay
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby MaggieMay » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:47 pm

sherlock holmes wrote:spanish hopes wrote

and so it starts, our troll stirs it up as he prepares to sacrifice another personality.

Amazing how he knows insults from months before he joined the board :?:

yawn .....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Bet you are climbing the ladder fast at the Met. :lol:
I wear it well...........

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:32 pm

Since making a complete fool of himself in his canny danny suit *yawn* has been quiet but here he is back again in his multiple guises, Midnight, Sherlock, ad al.
It must be warming up in Helsinki if he is out and about again. Watch out you lot, he will be trying to cancel your restaurant bookings as that his is latest 'jolly jape'.

Midnight if you aren't T0ps then stop being a fool and use the search facility to find your Spanish Teacher, it has been laboured many times before.
Sherlock, where have you been for so long? Nice of you to come out to support another of your alter-egos. Bring canny danny back too, he owes money to the charity.

sherlock holmes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sherlock holmes » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:41 pm

Sherlock, where have you been for so long? Nice of you to come out to support another of your alter-egos.
glad to see you noticed I was away, been staying with my family as they have a new born babby.

If you bother to actually read my post rather than jumping in with an insult - I was agreeing with you! Hardly supporting the board resident troll.

chrisuk
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby chrisuk » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:48 pm

Deborah wrote:This is Spain.

KEEP SPAIN SPANISH I say. Quaint dirt tracks and all.

Deborah
It what I would gather makes Spain, I for one have lived else where apart from the UK understand "Dirt tracks" Lingo for me is going to have to be my number one must does.

One of the golden rules when settling in another country is this, 'Adapt' once you ACCEPT this you will sail through, sit back and relax and dont rush through things, be it house hunting or anything else, the UK is a rat race but its gone over the edge of being a sort of fun rat race like it once was, Spain I hope retains its true identity, one which Im sure I will try and maintain and respect, apart from the 2 hour breaks, that'll do my nut

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:02 pm

what a pitiful response to my first postings on Spanish soil
Look at your own first post..quite pitiful
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:07 pm

sherlock holmes wrote:
Sherlock, where have you been for so long? Nice of you to come out to support another of your alter-egos.
glad to see you noticed I was away, been staying with my family as they have a new born babby.

If you bother to actually read my post rather than jumping in with an insult - I was agreeing with you! Hardly supporting the board resident troll.
My apologies, just so pleased that *yawn* couldn't hold out any longer.

olivefarmer
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby olivefarmer » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:50 pm

Midnight Rambler

How you can not of expected the reply's you got from your orignal post is beyond belief. I for one missed the tongue in cheek aspect completly.

I for one 'live in the country/campo' and dirt tracks are a fact of life. As are Spanish neighbours with lots of relatives.

Try a positive approach next time and you might get the fed back you expect.

Olivefarmer
Don't count your chickens before they hatch!