Spain, is this real??

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Sad K

Postby Sad K » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:19 pm

What on earth has "Midnight" done wrong I clearly caught the humour in his post, I too find that the Spaniards can be surly, can youdeny that?

We all have complained about hotel standards at some time, as for his remarks regarding the Ghetto of Fuengirola I will never willingly set foot in the place, he's right it's exactly like an east enders set!

I think his remarks about the dirt track were meant to express his surprise more than anything else, so what exactly is it that he did wrong apart from telling the truth.

The sad part of this is that he accepts he's new here and apologised in advance for any mistakes he may make, however as soon as the andalucia.com thought police (Spanish hopes) got on his back you all jumped in like sheep, shame on you, I notice the more respected members of this forum have not joined in the bear baiting!

Ps, I will now reinvent myself as *yawn* to save Spanish hopes the trouble of doing it, as apparently anyone who disagrees with him or challenges him is instantly named *yawn*!

Valencia_Paul
Resident

Postby Valencia_Paul » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:38 pm

Well, the troll laid the bait and it was dutifully taken by some! :o

safeashouses
Resident

Postby safeashouses » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:47 pm

We did and I need a hold your hands up emoticon BUT I'm really pleased you and Deborah bit before me. :oops:

Why do we do it and how many personas does the poor sod have?

Should we all cancel our postings and leave him in mid air he will float 'cos he's full of it. :lol:

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:21 pm

What on earth has "Midnight" done wrong I clearly caught the humour in his post, I too find that the Spaniards can be surly, can youdeny that?

What he did wrong was to criticise Spain, you should know that's not welcome here! :D

We all have complained about hotel standards at some time, as for his remarks regarding the Ghetto of Fuengirola I will never willingly set foot in the place, he's right it's exactly like an east enders set!

Ditto, I would never go there either! From the bypass is the best way to see it. Mind you, most of that coast is to be avoided.

I think his remarks about the dirt track were meant to express his surprise more than anything else, so what exactly is it that he did wrong apart from telling the truth.

Nothing in my book.

The sad part of this is that he accepts he's new here and apologised in advance for any mistakes he may make, however as soon as the andalucia.com thought police (Spanish hopes) got on his back you all jumped in like sheep, shame on you, I notice the more respected members of this forum have not joined in the bear baiting!

Spanish Dope is to be ignored.

Ps, I will now reinvent myself as *yawn* to save Spanish hopes the trouble of doing it, as apparently anyone who disagrees with him or challenges him is instantly named *yawn*! :D

You can't be *yawn*, I am!
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

Midnight Rambler

Postby Midnight Rambler » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:18 pm

I hope you guys are not going to cry off or have a headache, this hotel is crap, room service just delivered me a ham sandwich which was ordered as beef, earlier I ordered champagne and was brought Frexeinet, I'm planning to stay up all night and order my beers bottle by bottle from the surly little buss boy, so I need company, right!

Lorraine - Mijas
Resident

Postby Lorraine - Mijas » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:26 pm

I am curious to know how many (if any at all ) of the suspected multi Id's actually turned up for the xmas get together :?

Fletch
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Fletch » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:21 am

Come on you guys and girls, give the man a break. He`s new to the area, it`s cold at night, Malaga hotels aren`t the best in the world (!) and he asked for help!
Loosen up please.
We are all here to help each other are we not?

Good luck Midnight,I hope a sunny day or two helps you realise the quality of life in Spain.

Regarding language, yes you do need to learn some. It`s their country, so try something like the Michel Thomas course available on CD or take local lessons

Good luck (hope the car can get up the track!!!)
Is it hot here, or is it just me?

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:24 am

Lorraine - Mijas wrote:I am curious to know how many (if any at all ) of the suspected multi Id's actually turned up for the xmas get together :?
As far as I am aware lorraine, NONE. Though one of them did try to cancel the booking by phone.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:26 pm

Lorraine - Mijas wrote:I am curious to know how many (if any at all ) of the suspected multi Id's actually turned up for the xmas get together :?
none, as far is understood...
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.