Fishing Licences

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
keddyboy
Resident

Fishing Licences

Postby keddyboy » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:26 pm

I know it should be on the Sport section but I am not sure who reads that section !!
In simple terms, where does one have to go to get a fishing licence. Has anyone done it and if so how??
Keddyboy
Never do today what you can leave until tomorrow.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:27 pm

Have a look at previous threads, new regulations mean you have to take a test as holding a previous licence from the UK doesn't count.

sioban
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sioban » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:42 pm

if you go to your local town hall you can apply for it there.

Susi
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Susi » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:49 am

My husband has just done the course for a hunting license which is done in the same way. He put his name down for the next course locally and had to attend two 2 hour evening sessions in a nearby townhall. After the first evening the guy giving the course said they were going to do a test. Hubby had to admit that although his day to day Spanish is fairly decent he didn't understand enough to take a test. The guy said that he would fill it in for him. The following night after another 2 hours he paid his money and his license soon arrived in the post.

I hope I don't get any hate mail for the fact that my husband is going to shoot cute liccle wabbits!!

Blubba

Postby Blubba » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:13 pm

Susi wrote:My husband has just done the course for a hunting license which is done in the same way. He put his name down for the next course locally and had to attend two 2 hour evening sessions in a nearby townhall. After the first evening the guy giving the course said they were going to do a test. Hubby had to admit that although his day to day Spanish is fairly decent he didn't understand enough to take a test. The guy said that he would fill it in for him. The following night after another 2 hours he paid his money and his license soon arrived in the post.

I hope I don't get any hate mail for the fact that my husband is going to shoot cute liccle wabbits!!
Can you give me the details please "Susi" of where hubby took the test, phone no as well if you can, also what is the course called, when I contacted the Spainish authorities they told me that hunting licences can only be issued to residents, and only by the guardia civil, i'd be grateful to you for the info, thanks, Blubba

Susi
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Susi » Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:34 pm

Blubba,
Have sent you a pm with tel no.

nigel_t
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby nigel_t » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:09 pm

katy wrote:Have a look at previous threads, new regulations mean you have to take a test as holding a previous licence from the UK doesn't count.
When did that law come in?

Got mine through Banco Andalucia after trying for 4 months to obtain one.

Tricky process and a course was necessary unless you held a UK licence before.

Then obtain a 'number' from the Junta then go back to the bank to apply for the licence.

The friendly bank clerk did it all for me over the phone otherwide it would have been a trip to Cadiz to get the magic number and then back to the bank!

Good luck!!

PS There is a guy who will do it all for you............... For a fee!! I am sure someone here will be able to tell you who that is.
Wish I Was Horse Riding