Checking (someones) title

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
gretch
Resident

Postby gretch » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:21 pm

Hi Bongtrees
I got this address from, http://www.royal.gov.uk

Public Information Office
Members of the public seeking information about the Monarchy or Royal Family may contact the Public Information Office by post or by telephone. The office is unable to respond to enquiries submitted by e-mail.
Public Information Officer
Buckingham Palace
London SW1A 1AA
Tel (during working hours): (+44) (0)20 7930 4832

Also, have you tried ‘Debretts’ ?

Regards, gretch

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Checking (someones) title

Postby Bongtrees » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm

A newcomer to our area is saying he has an OBE or MBE.

Cant find him on Google. Does anyone know wherelse I can try as concerned he may be about to take a pecuniary advantage of others.

Mike

gretch
Resident

Postby gretch » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:24 pm

I don't know how my reply got in above yours :?:

Valencia_Paul
Resident

Postby Valencia_Paul » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:19 pm

kevin77 wrote:like him. :lol:
BTW what does pecuniary mean? :?:
For Kevin, though I think he takes the ****:

http://dictionary.reference.com/wordoft ... 02/03.html

MaggieMay
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby MaggieMay » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:32 pm

The site seems to be suffering some problems. Posts are swapping order and the time is getting out of synch. I'm having to log on twice to get in. :?
I wear it well...........

kevin77
Resident

Postby kevin77 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:54 pm

Use your loaf Mike, wouldn't anybody with a title have more class than to move to CDS? He's obviously a bounder and should be horsewhipped! After that send him to A.com, we desperately need some interesting posters like him. :lol:
Re: Site Problems, bear with them, A.com are experimenting with a Doctor Who type time warp set up. Silver is coming back soon as a Dalek. :shock:

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Postby Bongtrees » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:10 pm

kevin77 wrote:Use your loaf Mike, wouldn't anybody with a title have more class than to move to CDS? He's obviously a bounder and should be horsewhipped! After that send him to A.com, we desperately need some interesting posters like him. :lol:
Re: Site Problems, bear with them, A.com are experimenting with a Doctor Who type time warp set up. Silver is coming back soon as a Dalek. :shock:
Kevin

No its much worse, he is deep in the campo outside Valencia.

P.S. Pecuniary |pi?kyo?n??er?| adjective formal of, relating to, or consisting of money : he admitted obtaining a pecuniary advantage by deception.

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:21 pm

Kevin is bound to stick up for those with decorations, he has been signing himself as Kevin77 VD and SCAR for years.

kevin77
Resident

Postby kevin77 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:34 am

Whats your title? Senior Prison Officer Hopes (Retired) :cry:

safeashouses
Resident

Postby safeashouses » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:11 am

Having an OBE or MBE doesn't mean you have a title.

They are just medals. I have the ISM and Spanish Hopes has the CDM. 8)

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:53 pm

kevin77 wrote:Whats your title? Senior Prison Officer Hopes (Retired) :cry:
Thanks for the promotion kevin, I'm not sure I deserve it. It quite obviously was not in an adult gaol that we met so which young offenders institute were you in?

kevin77
Resident

Postby kevin77 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:39 pm

Says the man now living behind bars! :lol: :lol:
Seriously though, I am in full agreement with Senior Prison Officer Hopes and his rantings about crime. Put the scum behind bars in a remote location somewhere far away from their family and mates!, with no local pub and betting shop, and nothing to do all day (a stint somewhere in the mountains of Andalucia will knock out some of their arrogance!!!). :evil:

Sad K

Postby Sad K » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:07 pm

kevin77 wrote:Use your loaf Mike, wouldn't anybody with a title have more class than to move to CDS? He's obviously a bounder and should be horsewhipped! After that send him to A.com, we desperately need some interesting posters like him. :lol:

Obtaining a pecuniary advantage means basically obtaining money under false pretences or by using false representation.

Royal orders and decorations such as the OBE are not always listed as the recipient may be a serving member of a special service such as the SAS for example and to name them publicly woud compromise security.

There are several titled people living on the Costa del sol

kevin77
Resident

Postby kevin77 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:29 pm

Maybe you're right SadK, i'm sure Bob Monkhouse got an OBE or something like that and hes bound to have a villa on CDS. Also Brucie, Tarbie & Des, they all like their golf. Are we also counting titles such as 'The Guvnor' and 'King of the Gypsies'? that would account for several more :lol:

-------------------

PS. Since my last post I have found out that Bob regretfully passed away in 2003 and can not now be classed as a resident of CDS. My apologies to his family for this misunderstanding. :oops: I can confirm however that Bob was awarded the OBE, along with other possible CDS visitors - showbiz legends Jimmy Tarbuck and Nicholas Parsons, Bruce Forsyth holds the CBE whilst Welsh sex symbol Tom Jones is a knight of the realm.
If you have seen any of these titled aristocracy on the CDS please inform A.com at once. 8)

Sad K

Postby Sad K » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:12 pm

kevin77 wrote:
Maybe you're right SadK, i'm sure Bob Monkhouse got an OBE or something like that and hes bound to have a villa on CDS. Also Brucie, Tarbie & Des, they all like their golf. Are we also counting titles such as 'The Guvnor' and 'King of the Gypsies'? that would account for several more :lol:

-------------------

PS. Since my last post I have found out that Bob regretfully passed away in 2003 and can not now be classed as a resident of CDS. My apologies to his family for this misunderstanding. :oops: I can confirm however that Bob was awarded the OBE, along with other possible CDS visitors - showbiz legends Jimmy Tarbuck and Nicholas Parsons, Bruce Forsyth holds the CBE whilst Welsh sex symbol Tom Jones is a knight of the realm.
If you have seen any of these titled aristocracy on the CDS please inform A.com at once. 8)
Kevin77.

Lord McCallister has a property (a big one) in Marbella, as do the Hohenloe family who probably own half of the town, not to mention Prince Rupert Lowenstein, of course they don't mix with the likes of us, so I guess their property locations are not readily available to the public, but I figure you can probably spot at least on of them per night if you hang around the Marbella club hotel lounge.

You'd be very surprised at how many titled people there are here but of course, as I said they don't hang aroung with the "Hoi Palloi" so you would have to be in their circle to know where they are, or in fact who they are.

I think these days you can't really count pop singers or entertainers as being titled as they are not part of the "true" :wink: aristocracy, you may deduce from this that I'm a republican, or I would be if we ever become one in the UK!

Ps. If you were to count the number of Spanish "Dukes" who own property on the Costa del Sol it would probably run into the hundreds!

nevada smith

Postby nevada smith » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:36 pm

sad, k, but
by itself, the phrase, "obtaining a pecuniary advantage", mean obtaining a financial or monetary advantage... 'pecuniary' means having to do with money - it has nothing to do with 'false pretenses or false representation'...

samizdat
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby samizdat » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:52 pm

If you were to count the number of Spanish "Dukes" who own property on the Costa del Sol it would probably run into the hundreds!

that's quite true, go to any charity function at Marbella Club and your awash with them, and the German and Russian lot as well, place-cards have to be extra long to get all the titles and triple and quadrupled barrelled names on! :roll:

Just look at the society pages in the Marbella mags Absolute and Essential to see whos down on the coast that week.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:01 pm

They are part of the rent a crowd, most of them turn up for everthing.

Sad K

Postby Sad K » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:55 pm

nevada smith wrote:sad, k, but
by itself, the phrase, "obtaining a pecuniary advantage", mean obtaining a financial or monetary advantage... 'pecuniary' means having to do with money - it has nothing to do with 'false pretenses or false representation'...
Strictly speaking Nevada, you're correct, however you will rarely hear the term "pecuniary advantage" outside of a courtroom as this is normally a term applied to minor fraud cases where the crime may not warrant Crown court appearance, I'll draw your attention to the 1968 theft act, sections 16/1 and 2 where it is explained more clearly 8)

samizdat
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby samizdat » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:45 pm

They are part of the rent a crowd, most of them turn up for everthing.
true :lol:

If you have seen any of these titled aristocracy on the CDS please inform A.com at onc
now you know where to find "rent a title" .... :shock: