Import of Motorbike

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Desperado
Tourist

Import of Motorbike

Postby Desperado » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:12 pm

I'm thinking of having a bike delivered from uk to Spain. It will be brand new and unregistered in uk.
Does this seem a ridiculuous thing to do? I can get a new bike much cheaper in uk.
Anyone know of the costs involved in having it registered in Spain, or is it the same as for a car?
Cheers.

chrisuk
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby chrisuk » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:02 am

From what has been posted here on bikes and cars and I guess to a large degree on how much you will be saving by bringing a bike over you'll be saving a load but a unregistered bike in the UK means 0 tax has been paid on it, may also be worth looking into what the value of the bike is here and how much you will pay on it, I sold mine with much regret but my Van has priority in life rght now, the van has to be the best tool I've ever invested in, the bike 2nd as I,like many others love motorbikes

MarkF
Resident

Postby MarkF » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:50 pm

If anybody knows the proper tale or can point me in the direction of an official link I would be most grateful.

I have an old '82 bike, it's rare and I like it, it's not as if I can go out and get another one here never mind in Spain but it's probably only worth £750 I would not like to think I had to pay a duty based on it's original showroom value or suchlike. :(

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:00 pm

I found this for someone else the other day:

http://servicios4.jcyl.es/iguia/fuentes ... os2006.pdf

The fiscal value seems to be based on the cubic capacity of the bike and is based on its used value during the first year after its registration. I don't know if it decreases with the age of the bike as it does for cars.

The only way to find out for sure is to go into an AEAT office with all the registration details and ask.

MarkF
Resident

Postby MarkF » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:57 pm

Thank you Beachcomber.