increased guardia / police presence in / around AEG ??

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

increased guardia / police presence in / around AEG ??

Postby spanish_lad » Fri May 05, 2006 12:56 pm

whats going on ?

i saw an english guy in a bar yesterday assaulted by two guardia civil saying they had followed his moped from the gypsy area and assumed he must of been buying drugs...

i saw an english car chased by 3 local police cars and stopped on the industrial estate, with the guy pinned to the bonnet while the car was searched..

whats going on? is it increased drugs awareness? is it english people? i hope they are treating the spanish drug users / pushers with the same hostility...
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Fri May 05, 2006 5:47 pm

:D :D :D

i´m serious! hahahah oh well i guess we´ll never know :)

maybe cos its feria week ?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri May 05, 2006 6:04 pm

Alhaurín el Grande has become the inland centre for English low-life slime who have ruined its atmosphere and destroyed the relationship with the local population beyond belief. That's why I never go there now unless I have to.

I hope the Policía Local/Guardia Civil lock them all up and chuck away they key.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Sat May 06, 2006 1:54 am

Beachcomber wrote:Alhaurín el Grande has become the inland centre for English low-life slime who have ruined its atmosphere and destroyed the relationship with the local population beyond belief. That's why I never go there now unless I have to.

I hope the Policía Local/Guardia Civil lock them all up and chuck away they key.
i´ve just seen a van with lots of english sign writing on stop outside a drug dealers house, the guy got out, went in, came out a few seconds later, reversed the van into a wall and then he sped off in a cloud of tyre smoke. this is the sort of thing that baffles me. why would you go and buy drugs in your works van with sign writing all over it.. thats just stupid.

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Sat May 06, 2006 2:06 am

why would you go and buy drugs in your works van with sign writing all over it.. thats just stupid.
Because they have spent so much money buying the brain deadening chemicals that they can't afford to buy alternative transport.
But of course these recreational drugs are safe, not harmful in any way and the users are exceptionally clever.
Well to be serious for once, I have nursed these idiots when they have ended up in gaol and it isn't fun to watch the effects of safe drugs on them.

Mariamartinez
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mariamartinez » Sat May 06, 2006 12:40 pm

Well,

when you say drug dealer you mean hash or hard drugs??

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Sat May 06, 2006 1:28 pm

Mariamartinez wrote:Well,

Why do you ask? Is there a difference between the scum who sell hash and the scum who sell heroin?

If you stand in a dog turd, would that of a great dane smell any different to that of a corgi?

Grouser
Resident

Postby Grouser » Sat May 06, 2006 2:23 pm

I would say there is a great deal of difference, heroin being highly addictive, whereas hash is not, although it may well cause mental problems for some people.
Grouser

juliesteve&joe
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby juliesteve&joe » Sat May 06, 2006 3:03 pm

I wouldnt want my kids living next door to eihter of the scum- hash or heroin- it still wrecks lives!!

Grouser
Resident

Postby Grouser » Sat May 06, 2006 3:16 pm

So does alcohol. Would you ban that too?
Grouser

juliesteve&joe
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby juliesteve&joe » Sat May 06, 2006 3:25 pm

No,I would not!!!!!

generally there isn't scum waiting and preying on innocents to sell them alcohol and lead them astray though. 9 out of 10 drug pushers do not take the stuff themselves- they rely on others getting hooked to fund their lifestyle.
The fact also still remains that drugs ARE illegal!

Sorry, but I passionately believe that there is no excuse in the world for the losers who deal in this stuff!

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Sat May 06, 2006 3:33 pm

holy christ dont come to spain then!!!! cocaine is 60€ a gramme and guys give it out to girls like anything in the bars here.

i personally garentee that you will not be more than 200 yards from a half key of coke if you move to anywhere in spain.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Sat May 06, 2006 3:41 pm

Mariamartinez wrote:Well,

el vende todo tipo de drugas maria, de las chocolate hasta coka.

juliesteve&joe
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby juliesteve&joe » Sat May 06, 2006 4:04 pm

i personally garentee that you will not be more than 200 yards from a half key of coke if you move to anywhere in spain.

Just like england then!!!

I know only too well they exist- doesnt mean I have to tolerate them!
I am not on a one woman crusade to get rid of them or anything, but wherever I lived, i would still feel the same about them :x

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Sat May 06, 2006 4:16 pm

You will always get the sad old argument that alcohol is just as addictive and damaging, but you got it in one, it isn't illegal.
holy christ dont come to spain then!!!! cocaine is 60€ a gramme and guys give it out to girls like anything in the bars here.
That is no reason not to come to Spain. The fact that some people have little or no regard for their lives or even the quality of their life shouldn't stop anyone with a brain cell from coming to Spain too.

The majority of crime including burglary, muggings, robbery etc can be directly linked to drugs, the morons who use them and the scum who sell.

Drug pushers are of course the main danger in the spread of addiction, but a close second must be the buffoons who kid themselves and others that drug usage is both 'cool' and safe.

Mariamartinez
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mariamartinez » Sat May 06, 2006 4:29 pm

I dont think that guy is so stupid to sell hard drugs in his own house and it is a fact that hash dealers in Spain sell all around. You go to a bar and someone is smoking a joint, you go the beach and you can even buy there, many plazas and places are known for selling hash. But I thinkl that with cocaine it is not so obvious.
I just wanted to provoke a bit of controversy here. Obviously drugs are all "basura" and even worse those who sell them. Comsuption is growing non stop in Spain. And even though other countries may consume as well, we Spanish have our particular way of being scandalaousa about everything we do.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Sat May 06, 2006 5:38 pm

Grouser wrote:I would say there is a great deal of difference, heroin being highly addictive, whereas hash is not, although it may well cause mental problems for some people.
Yes, they say hash is not physically addictive, but people do become dependant on it. Plus it is very often the stepping stone to stronger, more dangerous drugs, as they need more of it to get the same effect.

Cannabis is not physically addictive but as with many other drugs, including alcohol, some cannabis users do develop a psychological dependence on the drug. They may have difficulty limiting their cannabis use or they may need more of the drug to get the same effect. These cannabis users may develop problems with their jobs and personal relationships that are directly attributable to their drug use. Obtaining and using the drug can become a central aspect of their lives.
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

mike507
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mike507 » Sat May 06, 2006 8:49 pm

Alcohol is just as much a drug and a much bigger killer. The reason you don't get pushers and cloak and dagger scenes is because it's legal - that's the only difference so don't get to high and mightly about it! By the way I love my wine and don't take other drugs.
Mike

Grouser
Resident

Postby Grouser » Sat May 06, 2006 9:11 pm

Exactly so. look at what happened with prohibition in America. Whenever there is big money to be made illegally organised crime moves in.
Grouser

Grouser
Resident

Postby Grouser » Sat May 06, 2006 9:20 pm

Apparently Spain is now the cocaine capital of Europe with tons of the stuff coming in to the small beaches and coves on the north Atlantic Coast, generating family feuds and drug related murders. It ought to be obvious to anyone that the strategy of making recreational drugs illegal is just not working. The way things are now there is just too much money to be made. A different approach is needed.
Grouser