car rental full tank con

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
MarkF
Resident

Postby MarkF » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:54 pm

I'm another Helle Holis fan and you do get what you pay for! I never use an agent, I am scatterbrained, I lose keys, I leave lights on etc In those cases I want instant action, no agents thank you.

I have used them at Malaga, Nerja and Granada and the service is spot on, plus they use their database to offer deals to regular clients that render the pittance I could save at an agents meaningless.

Everything about cheap car hire is great until something goes wrong :wink:

mike507
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mike507 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:31 am

unfortunately they're not at Almeria which is my usual
Mike

mike507
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mike507 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:40 am

Rafiki, I have just sent a message to premiumcarjet and you are right they are the same company as I got exactly the same automated. They say all their partnership companies apply the same fuel policy full/full and whats more they do not give discounts to anyone as they are only agents
There you have it.
Mike

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:53 am

mike507 wrote: They say all their partnership companies apply the same fuel policy full/full and whats more they do not give discounts to anyone as they are only agents
Hi Mike,

It is still necessary to get them to mark your voucher full/full before you leave because Crown by default will only do full/empty on Premiercarjet vouchers unless the hire is for 3 days or less. There is a bit of a chicken and egg situation in that Crown say it is Premiercarjet who insist on full/empty and Premier say it's Crown! Much simpler to just get Lisa to mark your voucher 'YOUR NAME FULL/FULL' and then no probs. I always put a highlighter over that just to emphasise it.

It also seems different Crown staff apply the rules differently. Some charge for a full tank and credit your CC on return full others (just a few) don't bother to charge for the fuel.

mike507
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mike507 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:17 am

Sorry I made a mistake meant to say that they all do full/empty not full/full. Thanks a lot for the info
Mike

mike507
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mike507 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:13 pm

Rafiki, Just had a reply from carjet saying that they no longer offfer a full/full option as all their suppliers have now the same policy full/empty. I said I was talking to someone who was able to do this.
Mike

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:54 pm

Hi Mike,

I have a FULL/FULL voucher for this Friday so I'll let you know if I have any problems.

I have had negative replies from others in the office apart from Lisa but they have relented when I insist.

flan_taster
Resident

Postby flan_taster » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:24 am

mike507 wrote:Rafiki, Just had a reply from carjet saying that they no longer offfer a full/full option as all their suppliers have now the same policy full/empty. I said I was talking to someone who was able to do this.
Mike
As always in this part of the world, what you are told with some authority, is not always the case in practice. I hired using Carjet and Crown at Seville last week and had a full tank and was told bring it back full for full refund - which I did. :lol:

Chalky
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Chalky » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:00 am

.. and I rented from Crown - through Carjet - at Gib last month, was told the tank was full and wasb asked to bring it back full - no extra charge and no refund! :)

timperpat
Tourist

Postby timperpat » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:53 am

I once had trouble with a particular company when I booked a hire car with Carjet. When I complained to Carjet they told me that if at any time I received a voucher advising me that I was to collect the car from this company, I should contact Carjet and they would change the hire to Crown.

I suggest you try this in future - they really are very helpful.

ValenciaSatine

Re: car rental full tank con

Postby ValenciaSatine » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:37 pm

God I didn't realise this has been going on this long. The worst seems to be GOLDCAR and the best Tipoa Car Hire. I rented from Alicante and Murica. Remember though that even with the full out and full return deal, you MUST return it full, so i had to make sure I found a very local gas station to Alicante airport when I returned it, which I did eventually !!! I wasn't charged anything for fuel by the car hire company.Whereas went i rented from GOLDCAR I was charged a tank of fuel at €70 for a very small car that normally cost €45 to fill. Make sure you get the full /full option.

This made me laugh, but was how i found out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb2Uf0EmRAc

Satine

briansession
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby briansession » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:21 pm

Two weeks ago, aurigacrown car hire at malaga airport charged us 81 euros for petrol tank that can only take 60 euros at the most (opel corsa 1.2). We booked the car through economy car hire in the uk.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:36 pm

there was something in an above post which makes me think that people dont read the small print.

"we use premium fuel as recommended by the manufacturer."

where "normal" fuel is 1,38€ / L at the airport - premium is more like 1,48/1,50 /L .. making a 50L tank (small, most cars are bigger) more like 74€ - 75€ to fill up. plus 5e per hour for the driver - theres your 80€ surcharge...
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:24 pm

theres your 80€ surcharge
Fair enough (if i'm feeling VERY generous). In that case they ought to refund €40 if you bring it back half full.

They don't. They steal the fuel you return (say half a tank) then flog it to the next punter for €40.

Best thing to do is add €40 to any compaany operating a fuel theft policy. Compare it others who operate full/full (helle for example). If the fuel theft operator remains the cheapest option - grin and bear it. But as someone else said, in peak weeks at peak times avod crown and record - their queues and diabolicallly slow staff mean you'll be there an hour.

The worst impact of fuel theft is on one week rentals where there is little driving. The fuel can add 40% to a one week rental quote.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:47 am

i can see your point, certainly, but also from a business point of view - if they were taking cars back with "less than what they had in them" then surely the company would loose money - they would have to refil it.

ok, so it doesnt happen every time, maybe 5 out of 10 times.

but isnt what they do just .."passing the cost to the customer" like alot of places do ? shops etc ? ie; the price of transport goes up, then your english beans cost 10p more.

isnt it the same thing, just on a larger scale?

i can appreciate that some people use alot more fuel in a week than others, and i guess perhaps there should be an "option" to do full / full ? if you know it has to be full, pull in the garage and fill it at the aiport before handing it back? isnt that just .. "the easy answer" ? (where u canfill it with cheaper fuel yourself?)
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:36 am

spanish_lad wrote:i can see your point, certainly, but also from a business point of view - if they were taking cars back with "less than what they had in them" then surely the company would loose money - they would have to refil it.
The company I have used for years gives you a car approx half full, and ask you to return it roughly the same. If you did bring it back empty, they would charge you, but I have never had a problem returning the car half full. A bonus of this is of course they don't have to waste their time refuelling the car, and the renter is not driving back to the airport trying to leave as little fuel as possible in the tank. As long as there are good companies out there that don't operate the full/empty policy, I'll continue to use them and boycott those that do. It's pointless accepting a car that operates full/empty and then moaning about it, find a company that doesn't rip you off, they are out there.
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

Roz
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Roz » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:45 pm

Check out doyouspain I have found them cheaper than carjet but unfortunately use the same fuel policy.