Retirement

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Solysombra

Postby Solysombra » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:28 pm

Moving Soon wrote:Well Solysombra, Keith Richards goes to rock concerts and has longish hair - but he looks older than God ....
Moving soon, you've touched my heart, Keef is my Rock-n-Roll hero and my would be alter ego (if I could play a stratocaster like him that is), your comment about him looking older than God made me laugh, it reminded me of a comment my mate made once, we went to see the Stones in Stockholm during the "Bridges to Babylon tour" and we paid top money to be close to the stage, at some point my mate had commented that Keef looked as though he had been in a drinking competition with the Hells Angels, and lost :lol:

Moving Soon
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Moving Soon » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:22 am

Say what you like about Keef but he is surely a survivor, not many people would still be around after the life he's led.

The Stones can certainly still play but don't you think they're really starting to look like sad old gits now (apart from Charlie that is who must be one of the best dressed men in the world). On the other hand I saw The 'Oo on TV recently on TV, performing live, and Roger Daltrey hardly seems to have changed at all. Wish I knew what his secret is, maybe its all that fishing.

Solysombra

Postby Solysombra » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:58 pm

Yes I agree with all you've said, and Charlie has to be one of, if not the coolest sixty five year old rock musician in the world!

Colinm
Resident

Postby Colinm » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:31 pm

Best wishes for the retirement! Claim all that is available to you - its your turn to take revenge on being s_rew_d for all those years.
Talk of the Stones and Charlie W reminds me of a few years ago, going through Dublin airport. There were very few people in the departure area, but one very well dressed man stood out. My wife smiled at him as we passed and said 'Hello'. He said 'Hello' back to her. As we sat down she said 'I know that guy, I think I went to a few dances with him years ago!' I replied that her recollection was almost perfect, as the man was Charlie Watts! We still get a laugh and tell the kids 'your mother thinks she went dancing with some of the Stones'
Just thought I'd share it with you. its a bit lighter than the stuff on some of the other current (political) threads!

ron
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ron » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:30 pm

Congratulations, have a look at
http://www.hellsgeriatrics.co.uk/

John M
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby John M » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:01 am

Congratulations and the very best of luck in your retirement Solysombra. From your posts here, I known you have looked into moving to Spain and studied all the pros and cons from all the angles.

I moved out here to 'retire' at 55 and have never looked back. However I am working harder now than I did when 'working' - "Can you do this little job for me as you have plenty of time?" AND I LOVE EVERY MINUTE OF IT.

With your pension coming in every month, you can relax and enjoy your cycling.
Andalucia really is the
Centre of the Universe

:D

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:55 am

I have to say I am not your average pensioner, I go to rock concerts, drink copious amounts of Newcastle brown, ride a motorcycle and I have long (ish) hair, although I might need a blue rinse soon,
Sounds quite average to me :lol: Good luck :)
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

Shukran
Resident

Postby Shukran » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:51 am

Good luck Solysombra - retirement is a wonderful thing and I've enjoyed every moment of the last 12 months. I hope you'll be as happy. Here are a few words to put an even bigger smile on your face:

• Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.
• Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
• When you fall down, you wonder what else you can do while you're down there.
• You're getting old when you get the same sensation from a rocking chair that you once got from a roller coaster.
• It's frustrating when you know all the answers but nobody bothers to ask you the questions.

THE FOUR STAGES OF LIFE:

You believe in Santa Claus
You don't believe in Santa Claus
You are Santa Claus
You look like Santa Claus

SUCCESS IS:

At age 4 success is . . . not piddling in your pants
At age 12 success is . . . having friends
At age 17 success is . .. having a drivers licence
At age 35 success is . . .having money
At age 50 success is . . . having money
At age 70 success is .. . having a drivers licence
At age 75 success is . . . having friends
At age 80 success is . . . not piddling in your pants

Enjoy!
Since I gave up hope I feel much better!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:52 am

Sol, there is a club for pensionistas behind the Town Hall in Elviria, doesn't sound like it would be your glass of vino though :)

Solysombra

Postby Solysombra » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:53 pm

katy wrote:Sol, there is a club for pensionistas behind the Town Hall in Elviria, doesn't sound like it would be your glass of vino though :)

Thanks Katy, I am really a bit of a rebel and not at all typical of the pensioner species, I was actually considering forming my own chapter of "Hells aged ones" and going round the local bars drinking, swearing and propositioning old ladies, and possibly not shaving for a few days, what do you think :lol:

Moving Soon
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Moving Soon » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:07 pm

Not shaving for a few days - wow, that's really living on the edge! 8)

As for the drinking, swearing etc won't you be indistinguishable from a good many other Brits on the CDS?

Solysombra

Postby Solysombra » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:30 pm

I know, like I said I'm a rebel and I don't care, as for the other kind of Brit, well let's say I once had a drink in Calahonda, only one though :lol:

Moving Soon
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Moving Soon » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:48 pm

Never seen the place, couldn't possibly comment!