Help ! Please - Looking for Guitar luthier

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Jules - Slowhand
Tourist

Help ! Please - Looking for Guitar luthier

Postby Jules - Slowhand » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:45 pm

Trying to locate the workshop/factory producing Antonio Loriente classical guitars. I'm fairly certain they are not produced by the major workshops in Madrid or Granada i.e Ramirez, Contreras, Bernabe, Rodriguez, Bellido, Pardo, Montero etc and believe they are produced in the Andalucia province or possibly in Valencia. I would appreciate any info.

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:02 pm

Valencia apparently. Maybe try a forum over that way?
http://www.lorienteguitars.com/ redirects you to
http://www.tornavozmusic.com/?site_url=175&focus=164
so maybe they are the distributors?

Jules - Slowhand
Tourist

Postby Jules - Slowhand » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:31 pm

thanks Hillybilly, tornavozmusic are part of the Guitar Salon in the USA, the owner has apparently with the assistance of a pool of guitarists designed this guitar and is marketing them under the "made up " trade name of Antonio Loriente.

Last week I played a couple of models in the UK and was extremely impressed and would like to visit the workshop and meet the guys that are actually producing these guitars. The problem is nobody is letting on as to which workshop is involved, I have my suspicion that it could be the Burguet factory in Valencia , but was told I was completely off track and that the workshop was in Andalucia. Anyway I'll keep looking , many thanks for your input.

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:19 am

Hmmm yes, according to an old posting on a guitar forum it's a brand name and there is no individual maker...