Bidet or not?

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:19 pm

It really would be funny to find that he drives a Pajero....... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:32 pm

[Maz Hart wrote
Life for you must be extremely difficult living in a foreign country then??!!
Seeing as you have taken what I wrote literally, perhaps, as spanish hopes points out, you could enlighten me with the English word for bidet. Might use one then! :)

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:56 pm

bumwash, lettucerinser, pubic spa ?

alaninspain
Resident

Postby alaninspain » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:39 pm

When we moved in a bidet was already fitted so you just have to give it a go. Unfortunately I had damaged my back, was pretty immobile for most of a year and had put on weight. I was eventually removed after copious amounts of Fairy liquid and two strong people to pull me out. :oops:

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:28 pm

alaninspain or alan in pain :lol: :lol:
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

Robbbo57
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Robbbo57 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:13 am

You want a bidet - have one. if you don't - don't. Next question....
Smile - you're going to die!:-)

Dealer
Resident

Postby Dealer » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:24 am

freecatsrus wrote:So the only time the lid gets lifted is to retrive the spare.
WOW! You have a lid on yours, now that's posh :lol:
"A soul afraid of dying will never live"

Dealer
Resident

Postby Dealer » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:29 am

gretch wrote:As far as I’m concerned, it’s a matter of personal hygiene, especially in the summer when it gets a bit hot & sweaty, the bidet wins every time, it makes me feel cleaner, fresher and is therefore healthier. :D
ImageThinking about your hot and sweaty bits this time in the morning is just too much information Image

"A soul afraid of dying will never live"

Mixter
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mixter » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:09 am

As im just starting out on my moving-to-spain quest.....whats a pozo negro? I assume its not a black cross-head screwdriver, then!

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:59 pm

Pozo negro is the Spanish term for a septic tank (not a sceptic tank, as that is a special device that doesn't trust that you will only put the correct effluent in!). The old-fashioned three-chamber brick & concrete things are no longer allowed, being replaced with biological ****-eaters usually made of plastic, although the term pozo negro has come to mean them too.
If you are in a town or large village, you will probably have mains sewerage as per UK, but in the campo (country) everyone has their own ****!
If you can persuade the architect/builder/town hall architect, the best system is to have only the toilets plumbed into the bio-chamber, with all other waste water going into an old-style pozo, outputting into the land, via soakaways. This stops the excess water used by us townies for washing machines, showers and sinks from stopping the biological action in the three chambers, resulting in a gentle smell of rotting sewerage familiar to so many. See previous threads on pozos - it is a real problem.
In either case, you must minimise the volume of non-human waste going in, as those strange devices used by ladies to ride their menstrual cycle do not decompose properly - and never, ever use stuff like bleach, toilet duck and so on, as they kill the bacteria you need to make your waste decompose.
What a lovely subject for a sunny Sunday :lol:

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:11 pm

If you can persuade the architect/builder/town hall architect, the best system is to have only the toilets plumbed into the bio-chamber

But take care if you should ever need to give your bodily processes a helping hand!!!!! :shock:

jennyshaw
Resident

Postby jennyshaw » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:37 pm

There is a large town near us called Pozo Alcon, whats that all about then?
Don't think they would call their town a sh*t hole on purpose, or would they?
Jenny

nevada smith

Postby nevada smith » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:51 pm

pozo means ‘well’
negro, of course, ‘black’
so you’ve got black well or black hole -
in english, a pozo negro is a cesspool (usa) or cesspit (uk)
what’s wrong with them is that they allow waste to seep back into the land
a septic tank is a ‘fosa septica’...
incidentally - they don’t smell unless
they are’t functioning correctly or
the waste is exposed to the air...

Mixter
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mixter » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:59 pm

peteroldracer wrote:Pozo negro is the Spanish term for a septic tank (not a sceptic tank, as that is a special device that doesn't trust that you will only put the correct effluent in!). The old-fashioned three-chamber brick & concrete things are no longer allowed, being replaced with biological ****-eaters usually made of plastic, although the term pozo negro has come to mean them too.
If you are in a town or large village, you will probably have mains sewerage as per UK, but in the campo (country) everyone has their own ****!
If you can persuade the architect/builder/town hall architect, the best system is to have only the toilets plumbed into the bio-chamber, with all other waste water going into an old-style pozo, outputting into the land, via soakaways. This stops the excess water used by us townies for washing machines, showers and sinks from stopping the biological action in the three chambers, resulting in a gentle smell of rotting sewerage familiar to so many. See previous threads on pozos - it is a real problem.
In either case, you must minimise the volume of non-human waste going in, as those strange devices used by ladies to ride their menstrual cycle do not decompose properly - and never, ever use stuff like bleach, toilet duck and so on, as they kill the bacteria you need to make your waste decompose.
What a lovely subject for a sunny Sunday :lol:
:shock: No ****?
Thanks for the info.