Anyone else with claims to fame?

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:48 pm

Katy's tale of Mr. connory's bodily functions has just jarred my memory of another brush with fame I had.

Was on my way to a meeting in Newcastle and stopped off at Tebay services on M6.

I was in the gents trying to get rid of a spot that reared it's head that very morning and needed to be vanquished before my appointment.

Anyway, as I was operating loud horrible thrutching noises were eminating from Trap 7, this chap seemed to be struggling, I thought I'd better hang on and see if poor chap needed any help :oops:

After about 15 flushes door opened and out came a very pale and worn out looking John Prescott.

I've never looked at him in the same light as before the incident :shock:

Kenny

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:50 pm

Bongtrees, Soo was her stage name :oops: It's well known Sue was used on all other correspondance.

Kenny

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:50 pm

Well that explains why Prescott is always so full of $hit. He's just constipated. :lol: :lol: :lol:

mhic
Andalucia Guru

Postby mhic » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:54 pm

Tony Blackburn!!!

My club was organising a koi show a few years ago and at that time Tony Blackburn was apparently droning on daily about his goldfish and his pond, thinking he might be interested I wrote inviting him to our show never got a reply though. Very rude I thought.

Mhic

Shukran
Resident

Postby Shukran » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:31 pm

When I was a teenager I lived just outside Liverpool and used to go to Billy Fury's house with a friend who knew the family and have tea with his mother. Also went out with Billy's brother (once - that was enough). I was madly in love with Billy Fury then but sadly only got to meet him once at a concert in Southport. Around the same time my sister's best friend was going out with George Harrison. My cousin had a 'dallience' with Englebert Humperdink for a while. I was a county athlete and came across Lynn (the leap) Davies (Olympic long jumper) and a few others at meetings. My daughter's step sister is Kat (as was) from Eastenders. Think that's it for the moment.
Since I gave up hope I feel much better!

Colinm
Resident

Postby Colinm » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:57 pm

Unless you are a biker, this will mean nothing to you....
I drove Kenny Roberts (Snr), Eddie Lawson (both multi world champions) and John Kocinski from Dublin to Belfast, including a lap of the Dundrod circuit. (cool or what?)
They were petrified by the thought of racing on the roads with hedges and ditches so close to you!

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:03 pm

EPSN on SKY have been showing races recently from these guy's era..................absolute nutters....respect :!:

Kenny

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:05 pm

Once led David Blunkett down a corridor. Interviewed Scargill for a student mag (he was really nice and charming). Portillo at a party, Dianne Abbot (on a train). Mick Hucknall (in Oxford St). Richard and Judy (flight), Leo Sayer (beach in Ibiza).

My Son came home from junior school and said his friend had met the man whose hands had held a pork pie for a TV 'ad.!

woodycurtain
Tourist

Postby woodycurtain » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:09 pm

i too worked in a cleaners as a young girl. in my time i served rob smith, chrissie hynde, gary mason? (the boxer) my what big hands! tony blackburn and barbara windsor were regulars and would often have a cuppa with us, and ester rantzen once left her dirty pants n tights in some trousers she'd sent in eeewwww :shock: :oops:

Shukran
Resident

Postby Shukran » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:10 pm

Ah! That reminds me of when I lived in the Isle of Man from 1953/7 and my Dad marshalled on the TT course for 4 years. My Dad got to know John Surtees quite well. I met too many TT riders to mention and had all their autographs - I just can't remember their names now after all it was a long time ago! Mind you the smell and noise still lingers as we lived not far away from the start in Douglas! :lol:

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:15 pm

Thanks for that bit of info. Woodycurtain :shock: ...........I've just lobbed my Roast beef and Horseradish roll in the bin.

Kenny

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:36 pm

What woody didn't say though kenny is that her pants and tights were inside a pair of the local vicars trousers. :lol: :lol:

Colinm
Resident

Postby Colinm » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:51 pm

katy wrote:Once led David Blunkett down a corridor.
...not the last female to lead him, eh? :lol:

Babby
Resident

Postby Babby » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:38 pm

Went swimming one hot summer in the River Thames by Windsor, my then boyfriend pointed out to me that the girl in the water with the really big shoulders was Sharon Davies, she was out with her daughter.
I used to be indecisive but now I´m not so sure.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:55 pm

well... having worked in a bar in alhaurin i've met sylvester stallone and john claude van damme... they have houses here.

when i worked in a hotel i waited on bet from corrie :)

oh and er.. whats his name.. from the royale family - the dad .. cant remember his name tho met him at the airport :)

Shukran
Resident

Postby Shukran » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:06 pm

spanish_lad wrote:oh and er.. whats his name.. from the royale family - the dad .. cant remember his name tho met him at the airport :)
Duke of Edinburgh? :lol: :lol: Sorry, only joking - Ricky Tomlinson!

fincalospinos
Resident

Postby fincalospinos » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:06 pm

Once gave an injection to Alex Stepney (footballer) and delivered baby of Sue Fleeshman (ex Brookside + Coronation Street
Strewth, I bet that was a shock. Alex didnt even know he was pregnant :D :D :D
Hardworking resident !!

fincalospinos
Resident

Postby fincalospinos » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:12 pm

Went swimming one hot summer in the River Thames by Windsor, my then boyfriend pointed out to me that the girl in the water with the really big shoulders was Sharon Davies, she was out with her daughter.
Sharon Davies .......... If ever I got stranded on a Desert island, I hope she was there also.

Could " give her one" and then send her to swim for help :shock: :shock:
Hardworking resident !!

Shukran
Resident

Postby Shukran » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:13 pm

keddyboy wrote:Had my own TV programme about 12 years ago...
Which one? Under what name? Please tell us more or do we have to guess? :wink:

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:20 pm

Fincalospinos........If your luck is anything like mine you'd be castaway with Bella Emberg :shock:

Kenny