Living in a Spanish Village

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Living in a Spanish Village

Postby BENIDORM » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:05 pm

It's just a little after 11am as I write this , sat out on our patio, the sun is shining and a few distant clouds drift by and it's hard to remember that it's still only February..I can hear the chattering of the birds as they fly around the huge ancient tree , down the road, and now the lazy chicken who lives in the garden a few doors away, has just got out of his hut and now he sings happily, oblivious to anyone around him..
...In the distance I can hear a barking dog who accompanies his owner , a hunter returning from another 'big game hunt', ....2 rabbits and 3 pigeons.....
And now the mouthwatering smell of fresh bread drifts from the kitchen as MrsB. happily mixes some more culinary delights..A few minutes ago, I had panicked slightly when she announced that she had 'a bun in the oven'....
....A simple life, but ' you know'. this is what I really miss when I have to set off on another journey to the UK....I know that it is far from 'paradise' here, and that I also have to put up with moped noises and what seems to be constant building work going on etc....but do you think that I care......Not one bit !!!!

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:04 pm

Sounds idyllic but of course, you could write something pretty similar about living in an English, Welsh or Scottish village at the right time of the year! Not suggesting you are but there is a tendency sometimes to compare life in a Spanish village with life in an industrial city somewhere in the UK! :)

nevada smith

Postby nevada smith » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:28 pm

curious,
i thought it was simply some observations
in a spanish village at about 11 this morning -
didn't see any reference to other villages
or comparisons...

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:41 pm

Masterob,
Whilst I fully appreciate your thoughts, I wasn't actually making comparisons with anywhere.... was I ?
I could have mentioned that my property here in Spain would probably cost at least 4 times more in UK, and that I would be paying a hefty council tax bill, and higher utility bills,higher general living costs including petrol, and even more minor details like a TV licence, and of course my favourite tipple ,Rioja wine, would be much more expensive...
And although I was born in a city, I was brought up on the Wirral Peninsula, Cheshire and when not living abroad I spent many years living in a village on the coast in North Yorkshire and quite some time in a village with several marinas on the coast, in Essex..I have had a home here in Spain for many years and also lived in Florida....So I think I know what I like now,and I would add that I like France as well and spend a lot of time there.....
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....

safeashouses
Resident

Postby safeashouses » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:23 pm

:mrgreen:

Me too someday. Enjoy life while you can & savour every minute. :)

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:27 pm

BENIDORM wrote:I spent many years living..... with several marinas. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....
How did you get away with that, Benidorm? Howard could not keep the existence of one Marina from Pearl..... :wink:
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

stellastaff
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby stellastaff » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:30 pm

masterob wrote:Sounds idyllic but of course, you could write something pretty similar about living in an English, Welsh or Scottish village at the right time of the year! Not suggesting you are but there is a tendency sometimes to compare life in a Spanish village with life in an industrial city somewhere in the UK! :)
Benidorm,
masterob, like yourself was simply making a point, just as you were. He did not mention that you were actually comparing to an inner city life, only that sometimes it is all too easy for people to do that. There was really no need to have made the comment you did. I am sure I will get a back lash for saying this as I don't normally make corrective comments aimed at people, due to the comments that those who do, normally receive back. I have not directed THAT comment to anyone-just making a point!

Cor, you have to be so careful what you say!!!! I tried to write without offending, pointing the finger at, etc etc but it is flippin hard work! :lol:
Donna

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:32 pm

Don't try so hard Donna just let it come from the heart. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:43 pm

Come on folks now, lets take stock of the situation :idea:

laclotte
Resident

Postby laclotte » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:46 pm

Yeah........quite right.....and I would go for an OXO stock!
- You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note -

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:58 pm

Donna and Paul,
I was also just making another point, so I can't really understand what comment you mean...I originally wrote about what I could see and hear this morning, it's amazing how simple observations can be twisted, by some...If I had written this under a different name I'm sure it wouldn't be receiving any criticism.....

stellastaff
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby stellastaff » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:16 pm

BENIDORM wrote:Donna and Paul,
I was also just making another point, so I can't really understand what comment you mean...I originally wrote about what I could see and hear this morning, it's amazing how simple observations can be twisted, by some...If I had written this under a different name I'm sure it wouldn't be receiving any criticism.....
Did you not read what I wrote? It is quite self explanatory! I am not overly zealous with big unusual words so I thought it would be very easy to understand!

As for posting under a different name, I am one of the posters who generally sits in the background making little if any comments about anybody. Your post just caught my eye!
Donna

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:26 pm

I don't know if I am getting mellow but S. Hopes and Kenny are giving me a chuckle. Admin will be busy tomorrow though, a lot of this will go, (along with the drawings I hope :x ) I just wish I could draw :lol: :lol:

stellastaff
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby stellastaff » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:28 pm

I must be missing something-havent read that post. Will have to now though!
Donna

stellastaff
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby stellastaff » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:35 pm

He He He....was funny! :lol: :lol:
Donna

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:38 pm

katy wrote:I don't know if I am getting mellow but S. Hopes and Kenny are giving me a chuckle. Admin will be busy tomorrow though, a lot of this will go, (along with the drawings I hope :x ) I just wish I could draw :lol: :lol:
We only get away with it on an evening because admin has to go to bed early. Especially on a Sunday after doing his Sunday school homework.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nevada smith

Postby nevada smith » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:26 pm

all things considered, beni,
i think you are your own worst enemy...

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:07 am

You could be right Nevada, but at least while they are attacking me they are leaving everyone else alone. Shame though, if this is the only way they can get their 'kicks'....Life is too short to worry about it, and my life has had its share of sadness, so perhaps I really don't care anymore.....

Take Care and look after your dogs, they are much better friends than humans could ever be...

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:16 am

BENIDORM wrote
Whilst I fully appreciate your thoughts, I wasn't actually making comparisons with anywhere.... was I ?
Benidorm, no you were not, nor did I say you were! Just a pity you subsequently couldn't resist making such a comparison rather than simply recognising my observation that there are equally idyllic locations in the UK on a sunny Sunday morning. :)

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:30 am

Admin will be busy tomorrow though, a lot of this will go
To be fair to admin, perhaps they have employed a kid from the Youth Opportunity Programme to do the censoring and the kid is eager to please. You know the sort of youth I mean, the type who can't accept that Kenko use the same beans for their instant coffee as they do for their ground.