Replying to indivdual postings

This section is designed to let the Andalucia.com community know about any improvements or alterations to the forums and to post questions and comments about the forums themselves.
jonbar.1
Resident

Replying to indivdual postings

Postby jonbar.1 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:56 am

I have noticed that some contributors have aimed a reply at a specific posting,within the thread.
It usually shows the original copy as an insert and the reply underneath.This is obviously an a
alternative to the "Quick reply" at the end if the thread......how is this done please?

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: Replying to indivdual postings

Postby gerryh » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:17 am

Click the double inverted commas, quotation marks, button at the top of the posting you want to quote.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:28 am

And you can edit the quoted post as well, deleting anything that isn't relative to your reply rather than reproducing the whole post which may be long.

jonbar.1
Resident

Postby jonbar.1 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:33 am

Thanks Gerry & Wicksey.
I had figured to use the "quote" icon, but was not sure whether to type under the post or delete it first.
I now know.....cheers

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:40 am

jonbar.1 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:56 am I have noticed that some contributors have aimed a reply at a specific posting,within the thread.
It usually shows the original copy as an insert and the reply underneath.This is obviously an a
alternative to the "Quick reply" at the end if the thread......how is this done please?
Its a great way to start a spat....