This section is designed to let the Andalucia.com community know about any improvements or alterations to the forums and to post questions and comments about the forums themselves.
scarlet
Resident

Postby scarlet » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:46 pm

There are 5226 registered users on this forum, why are there just the same old people on here, going by some of the pathetic attempts by some on here to be oh so popular, and very offensive, childish remarks, it appears thousands dont even bother to post on here, I have seen many new posters attacked or ignored on this forum. Its seems to be the only place some of these people have friends, the certain few who know who they are take note,, PEOPLE LAUGH AT YOU NOT WITH YOU.
I have had to defend myself on numerous occasions, this is a forum for all, not for just a few misfits.

Don

Postby Don » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:47 pm

When did you last check the tally Scarlet, my screen says "We have 8450 registered users"

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Re: 5226

Postby Bongtrees » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:52 pm

scarlet wrote:There are 5226 registered users on this forum, why are there just the same old people on here,

Its the same on other forums I belong to.

I have my own ideas but would be interested to read others first :)

scarlet
Resident

Postby scarlet » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:06 pm

I dont belong to any other forums, so dont know, I got the figure from the member list, and 5226 was the last number. I would be interested in hearing your theory. but expect the predictable first.

bob
Resident

Postby bob » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:23 pm

At the bottom of the forum home page, under "Who is Online" there is the entry, "We have 8450 registered users". You get something similar when you 'click' on the "Memberlist" at the top of the page. (30 members per page; 282 pages).

And you wonder why people question your postings?

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:31 pm

I've said it before but I think some people come accross as more harsh than they meant too, then others who are slightly over sensitive over react with their replies which makes the whole thing go out of control. A lot of the time people don't read the posts properly too which leads to misunderstandings :roll:

I think you should always read carefully and understand the context of the post before plowing in and replying as mistakes are easily made!!!

lone
Tourist

Postby lone » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:32 pm

Few people actually post on here for fear of either being shot down in flames, or bullied by the people they are asking for help from.
Sometimes it may be better to log on and browse rather than log on and rows.
regards lone

scarlet
Resident

Postby scarlet » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:33 pm

5000 or 8000 , :roll: its still too many who dont bother posting.

scarlet
Resident

Postby scarlet » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:35 pm

DIDO 72, and there are the ones who are quite disturbed.

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:39 pm

Scarlet I agree there are 1 or 2 who are completely bonkers and just stick their oar in to get a reaction which sadly seems to work every time.

lone I used to feel like that too but as soon as I got the courage to post a few times it was easy, I think as long as you ask sensible questions and don't offer too many of your own opinions at first you will be ok......look at me now!!! 8)

MarkF
Resident

Postby MarkF » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:42 pm

I don't understand, I bet all forums are have broadly the same ratio of regular posters to members. I am a member of only two more, a wristwatch forum and cycle one, a quick check reveals that both have 1000's of members but only a few regular posters, it's normal.

I have been a member here for nearly 3 years but a very irregular poster, TBH I am too busy to contribute much but I do check in and read the posts most days. I joined to gain knowledge, tax, bank accounts etc and the forum has been very helpful.

scarlet
Resident

Postby scarlet » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:45 pm

DIDO. surely people should be able to voice their opinions, as thats what a forum is all about. these people should not be able to blatantly bully people. then *beep* tattle in the lounge, and plan their next attack.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:46 pm

scarlet wrote:5000 or 8000 , :roll: its still too many who dont bother posting.
So, scarlet: would you make regular posting a condition of membership?
Have you never belonged to a club or gym yet not attended every chance you get?
In the words of Renee "You stupid woman". :roll:
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

scarlet
Resident

Postby scarlet » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:48 pm

why has the word *beep* been removed, yet the child bullying posts have remained.

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:49 pm

Markf - a wristwatch forum?? :?
Bet you have a good time on that one :wink:

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:51 pm

Of course people should be able to voice their opinions, I am just saying that if you have strong opinions you should maybe keep them to yourself rather than cause arguments amongst a group of people who don't know you from Adam. If you had just made a group of new friends (real ones) would you go shouting your mouth off about how great bullfighting is (just an example) before you got to know them?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:54 pm

I have joined forums and never posted, can't even remember their web addresses now. Doesn't mean anything.

A good thing for me being on this forum for so long is, it has taught me a lesson that however much at odds you may be with a poster, sooner or later there will be posts from them that you agree with. Life lesson in tolerance perhaps :)

MarkF
Resident

Postby MarkF » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:59 pm

Paula wrote:Markf - a wristwatch forum?? :?
Bet you have a good time on that one :wink:
Yep, I crack open a bottle of wine and salivate over all the horological masterpieces :lol: Sad I know :cry:

Thinking, the people on that forum and the cycle forum are pretty much the same as on here. Mainstays, who post every day and start topics, the knowledgable, who chip in with sound advice and the rest, like me who chip in now and again. Every so often people will say "We have 1000's of members and lurkers, how come they don't post"? :wink:

scarlet
Resident

Postby scarlet » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:03 pm

I am not saying everyone has to post all the time, but many never post at
all, I get private messages from people telling me why as well, some people actually agree with me, but wouldnt bother posting, in fear of attack. and some are regular posters.

metalmonkey
Resident

Postby metalmonkey » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:04 pm

I was 'shot down' when I first posted but doesn't bother me now....although I find some of the responses quite rude and a little uncaring of new members....I think we should all remember a time when we weren't so used to a forum and may have asked questions that had been asked before and didn't quite understand it all......we're supposed to be helping each other...aren't we? then again it's good to know there is somewhere to let off steam where others won't judge you.

toodle oo
If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room