what is the point of this forum?

This section is designed to let the Andalucia.com community know about any improvements or alterations to the forums and to post questions and comments about the forums themselves.
frog
Resident

what is the point of this forum?

Postby frog » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:10 pm

i live here,have done for a while,i will help people if i can give them advice,if i cant i sometimes comment on other threads,i have on the odd occasion posted a thread to try and liven up a boring forum

some of these get removed with no comeback so what is the point in posting and wasting your time

only last night i posted that murrey the tennis player hates the english

gone

like he has

i did say **** ,is that not allowed?
i have been called a lot worse by some of the members here who dont like what i say and that is ok? its a lot more personal and you let that go

many threads go missing,what happened to free speech,i understand there has to be rules,but i dont think i wrote or have written anything that bad

you would think that with 10,000 members and only 5 posters that the admins would like a bit of input

anyway,admins could you please explain or you lucky people that get to read this before it gets removed you can add your 2 cents
jayne countys most famous song,google it

julian
Andalucia Guru

forum

Postby julian » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:24 am

I think that if you tried a slightly different attitude than you have been using in the past then you might not have so many problems in the forum

bob
Resident

Postby bob » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:11 am

"anyone going slower than me is an idiot,anyone going faster than me is a moron"

mirandamac
Resident

Postby mirandamac » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:19 am

In response only to the question 'what is the point of this forum?' - for me it's been a lot of use. We're planning a move to Andalucia and I've been able to find a lot of practical information from a number of really helpful people.

bubba
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bubba » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:09 am

It is on the whole quite a boring forum, and if anyone posts an opinion you will be shot down in flames. If you are a crawler it seems you will be ok on here.
the regulars on here have to appreciate that other people have opinions and wether they agree or not they should learn not to attack other people.
It is obvious that this is the only place that some people have friends.
The regulars seem to fight over who gets their answer in first.
Yes it helps people who are too lazy to search themselves, like many of us had to when we came here.
Nobody has the right to say that a persons attitude should change, you dont know the person and perhaps its the regulars attitude that should change. then maybe this forum might become more fun.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:17 am

Yes, ask a question and it will usually be answered within an hour. There doesn't have to be a point anyway. Different people come on for different reasons. Now if you were asking what is the point of facebook :lol:

Grouser
Resident

Postby Grouser » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:44 am

Bubba as a person who seems quite capable of making personal attacks on other people yourself, perhaps you should take your own advice.
Spain does a lot of things very differently to the UK. In particular the legal and tax areas are a minefield, particularly for people who do not speak fluent Spanish. Many people, including myself, have received helpful advice that have saved them time and money, from this forum.
Grouser

mijasmagic
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mijasmagic » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:37 pm

Frog, I look forward to your posts mainly because they are controversial and lively. I´m fairly certain though that your use of the T word (with spaces) was the reason for Admin removing your post, rather than your general view of Andy Murray.

As a relative newcomer here, one thing I have noticed, mirroring an earlier post, is that certain regulars do seem eager to have a go and you actually need to be ready for personal attacks (as opposed to constructive criticism or alternative opinion). It must put some people off.

Peachy, if you´re reading this, I don´t mean you!!

Colinm
Resident

Postby Colinm » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:29 pm

it was probably removed because it had nothing to do with Andalucia, just as this thread will be removed because it has nothing to do with Andalucia :D

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:38 pm

Mijas wrote
Peachy, if you´re reading this, I don´t mean you!!
haha...so do you really mean me then?
Im not bothered at all if you do.

I think i must annoy certain members of this forum,and i really dont care,I think thats why i have been on here for quite a while now.
There are plenty of members who are up their own @rses,and this just makes me all the more determined to post!
Frog,i have always found you very funny with what you post,and certain other members along with you,liven up what would be a deadly boring and dull forum.
I have come to except that there are a few who always whinge, whine and moan,and these are the same people over and over again,These are the people that make it boring,as you can guess whats coming next from them. :roll:

I got shot down when i first posted on here,and ended up not only frustrated,but also felt the need to prove i was telling the truth.I did end up quite upset,and wondered what the hell was i doing joining such a nasty and horrible forum,full of do gooders and doubters(such paranoia amongst such a small group of members.)Got called a troll blah blah blah.
In the end,i realised if they didnt believe me..so what....who the hell cares anyway...

I dont come on here to answer many peoples posts who require important info regarding spain,as there are alot of wise old owls who are far more knowledgeable than me,I love the posts like trog with a lizard in her drawers,the nice friendly decent people who are down to earth,and are not at all nasty .
No matter what you post Frog,they may go on about not liking you,who give a flying @#^* anyway..they cant stop you from posting.
I say...keep it up..I think you liven this graveyard up no end!

My Kermit :wink:

In answer to your question....what the point of this forum?

I only came across this forum by accident,after about 4 years of living in Spain,and 2 house purchases later :roll:
I think it is a great source of info for everyone(despite all the b1tching)
There is always something that you need help with,whether translating a letter,or pc help etc etc...
I enjoy signing in and seeing whats been happening...and sometimes i hate it.depending on whats going on :D

mijasmagic
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mijasmagic » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:46 pm

How can any post which relates to Andalucia.com´s forum be nothing to do with Andalucia? :roll:

And yes, Peachy, of course I meant you. You´ve helped me out a couple of times already.

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:51 pm

And yes, Peachy, of course I meant you. You´ve helped me out a couple of times already
:? now im confused....I cant remember helping you out Mijas :shock: ..I help quite a lot of people behind the A.com Curtain...(and no,im not a lady of the night) :lol: :lol: :lol:
perhaps you could jog my memory. :wink: One word will do!

mijasmagic
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mijasmagic » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:02 pm

I´ve pm´d you :)

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:06 pm

To me this forum is just like a group of people sitting around chatting, solving queries, asking for info, sharing experiences, having a bit of a laugh.

Communication has got to be better than isolation. The minor agro is neither here nor there, and the anonimity protects one.

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:14 pm

For me its all done to HOW things are written or said and some people do seem to post in a careless or way that does not consider that others may not immediately understand what they are saying or may find their tone upsetting. It then becomes a bun fight and can get quite nasty as opposed to a reasonable and relatively intelligent exchange of views.

On the other hand sometimes also a vent about something is a good de-stresser.......

I generally try and ignore what I see as the ibviously provocative posts as they seem intended only to start a forum row rather than be of any use to anyone. It seems to me there are an awful lot of unfed egos around (and many forums seem to breed them in far higher numbers than here!!) who seek attention by thinking they are being clever or superior on forums and instead they just convey something else entirely to me. :roll:

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:15 pm

Sorry two typos - "down to" and "obviously", my apologies

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:45 pm

Jool, if you click on 'Edit' to the right of your post you can correct your typos. Sorry to digress!

frog
Resident

Postby frog » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:12 pm

dont worry about the typos jool,i for one wont mind

ok this forum is about andalusia but noone knows every thing about the place so whats wrong with some light hearted banter,i one started a joke thread,got removed,this is the general section after all,no room for anything general then

i just get fed up with posting a reply or thread only to get it removed,none have been that bad compared to the abuse i recieve,the best one was from peteroldracer who said i was the first sylable in country
i liked that
by the way there are 2 deliberate spelling mistakes there for those of you who like that sort of thing

whats wrong with provocative posts anyway?its just a debate you dont have to join in

as i said thats why this site has too few posters compared to members

once you have got the important questions answered where is the fun to keep you here and to come back

anyway,i think that you should be able to post a thread that has nothing to do with andalicia
cheers princess,dont forget that kiss you promised after you have shaved :oops:

see you all soon
frog

frog
Resident

Postby frog » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:13 pm

there is a general section

thats what i meant,crikey im losing sleep worrying i might have posted a message with a missed commer

night

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Re: what is the point of this forum?

Postby hillybilly » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:01 am

frog wrote:i will help people if i can give them advice
Well I must have missed that.
Post your "light hearted banter" in the amigos lounge then it won't get deleted or, if you are so disillusioned with this boring forum, you know the answer...