Draft modification forum terms and conditions for comment

This section is designed to let the Andalucia.com community know about any improvements or alterations to the forums and to post questions and comments about the forums themselves.
julian
Andalucia Guru

rules

Postby julian » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:39 pm

are we not making this too complicated? I doubt the United Nations have so many rules and regulations!
this forum generally runs fine and normally we can sort problems out amongst us, it´s only when we have people like scarlet/bubba and her groupies infecting the forum that we really need admin to press the nuke button, if admin could keep an eye on us once a day and eliminte any threads that are unsuitable that would be fine, we don´t really need his mobile number to be able to contact him day or night in a emergency.
It´s only a forum and if admin makes the odd mistake, well, that´s life, worst things have happened.
I think this all started by a member getting upset because his post was eliminated and he ran away crying.Sitting down and having a tila till the anger wore off would have been simpler and more productive.there are enough rules in life nowadys without making more !

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:42 pm

Julian...
Well said, I agree...

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:44 pm

hear hear Julian!
vino, sol y aire, y seras rico como nadie

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:39 pm

Actually, I think its unfair and inaccurate to say someone "ran away crying" because a post was deleted, I think it was a bigger combination of things than that. Think he just voted with his feet.
I agree with Don, think a report button would make moderating easier on Admin. I doubt that people would bother using it without good reason.

avellana
Resident

Postby avellana » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:36 pm

I agree that there should be a report button.
I also think it's too easy to gain guru status just by posting smilies etc.

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:56 pm

Paula wrote: Out of interest how many Gurus are there?

Personally I think there are real "Gurus" on this forum, Beachcomber, El Cid for example (yes there are others but don't want to sit typing strings of names) but anyone can become a "Guru" just by number of posts.

Paula, I have quoted the Guros on a new thread. There are only about 6 or 7 of them i think.

Karen

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Postby Bongtrees » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:07 pm

How many posts are need to obtain guru status?

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:10 pm

2000 it seems, Bongtrees.

Karen

Don

Re: rules

Postby Don » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:24 pm

julian wrote:are we not making this too complicated? I doubt the United Nations have so many rules and regulations!
this forum generally runs fine and normally we can sort problems out amongst us, it´s only when we have people like scarlet/bubba and her groupies infecting the forum that we really need admin to press the nuke button, if admin could keep an eye on us once a day and eliminte any threads that are unsuitable that would be fine, we don´t really need his mobile number to be able to contact him day or night in a emergency.
It´s only a forum and if admin makes the odd mistake, well, that´s life, worst things have happened.
I think this all started by a member getting upset because his post was eliminated and he ran away crying.Sitting down and having a tila till the anger wore off would have been simpler and more productive.there are enough rules in life nowadys without making more !
Julian, we seem to be talking quite different things here. It is quite unfair to say this all started by one member getting upset. You would not be getting the responses to this thread as you are if that were true. Admin are suggesting some new rules and stronger enforcement and there are clear expressions of support for this by many posters. The whole point of a report button is to assist admin in "keeping an eye on us" and potentially to defuse a situation by nipping it in the bud rather than let something spiral upwards (or is that downwards?). Yes you are quite right, this is only a forum. It is easy enough to join in or not, easy enough to stay or go. But it is very apparent that from some 18406 users a very small proportion currently choose to actually join in and contribute.

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Re: rules

Postby karandjon » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:39 pm

Don wrote:But it is very apparent that from some 18406 users a very small proportion currently choose to actually join in and contribute.
I would say that figure is a tad exaggerated, due to the fact i have just searched many pages (til i got bored) where users have registered since 2004 and have 0 posts after their names. I doubt any new rules will entice these people back, as they may have just used the forum to research for a holiday, like I myself have done in the past.
In reality, there is only a very small amount of the 18406 registered users who actually "use" this forum and I personally like the idea of the "ignore" button as some forums have, so we can "ignore" the drivel from some of the posters mouths. :lol:

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:50 pm

I have never heard of an "ignore" button, how would it work and how do you use it? I like the sound of it......

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:03 pm

Ignore lists are used for the people whose messages you don´t want to read. When you add someone to your ignore list, the messages posted by that person will be hidden when you read a thread. Great idea, isn´t it? :idea: :lol:

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:17 pm

Well I can't get my head around all of this 'Argy Bargy', it's like living under the Franco Regime, any minute now some one will be issuing a 'denuncia' to someone they don't like.

It's a .. flipping forum, and I can see everyone's point of view, but sorry I don't want to fall out with anyone, but from what I can see it's 6 of one and half a dozen of the other.

I've been bullied and harassed , humiliated etc, as much as anyone else on this forum, probably more, but I kept on going , and I'm still here...

I know that some members might not like what I write, and likewise I certainly don't like everything that I read, so what... it is a forum, and I thought that was what a forum was about, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

So please, stop trying to make it into an exclusive club, and live and let live.

The best ignore button is your on / off switch on your computer, if someone is giving you a hard time, send an e-mail to A.Com admin. and then switch off and calm down...It's not worth losing any sleep over...

Sorry I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but that's the way I see it.

Regards, Gordon

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:47 pm

BENIDORM wrote:W
The best ignore button is your on / off switch on your computer, if someone is giving you a hard time, send an e-mail to A.Com admin. and then switch off and calm down...It's not worth losing any sleep over...
Regards, Gordon
I think you´re missing the point Beni. I´m not bothered about being given a hard time Beni, au contraire :wink:.However, i really can´t be bothered to read the drivel posted by the odd couple of posters and would love to have them in my ignore box, so their posts never come up again. :lol: I can pretend they´ve gotten kicked off the Forum!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:54 pm

If you had an ignore button, I doubt that you use would it...you would be bored in no time... :lol:

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:06 pm

If you had an ignore button, I doubt that you use would it...you would be bored in no time...
Well,I have spent all afternoon programming in my own A.com member ignore prog...with the help of a pc guru of course(im not that clever).. :D
Do you know its working an absolute treat..no more A.com whiners and whingers on view..Im completely free of it all..The forum is now a great place to be....If any of you want any info on how to do it,please feel free to pm me...Of course the whiners and moaners wont be able to message me..as they are programmed in to be ignored...so please accept my sincere apologies if i dont respond.. :D

frog
Resident

Postby frog » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:25 pm

sorry have i missed anything in this 3 post thread
jayne countys most famous song,google it

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:14 pm

I sometimes read another forum and it operates an ignore system. It also seems to be strictly monitored.

I would be happy for some posters to put me on ignore, there is still an audience outside of a few members :wink: :lol:

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:36 am

I would be more than happy Katy, I would volunteer to go on it :D

brucexpat
Tourist

Postby brucexpat » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:20 pm

Baiting and goading someone, is a good way to attract their attention and attention to them.
Specifically drawing attention to perceived faults, is something that baiters do.