Forum Software Update - From Bertie with Love

This section is designed to let the Andalucia.com community know about any improvements or alterations to the forums and to post questions and comments about the forums themselves.
andalucia
Site Admin

Forum Software Update - From Bertie with Love

Postby andalucia » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:12 am

Hi there everybody,

We have updated the forum software phpBB to the latest version 3.3.2.
I was a minor update so there should not have been noticeable changed. (description below)
Nick, our developer asked us to check with members that there were not any issues.

best regards Admin

"We are pleased to announce the release of phpBB 3.3.2 "From Bertie with Love". This version is a maintenance and security release of the 3.3.x branch which fixes one security issue, introduces further hardening, and resolves various issues reported in previous versions.

Previous versions of phpBB starting with 3.2.0 adjusted the way formatting was removed in the strip BBCode function. If this function was used in extensions it could potentially lead to HTML entities being decoded and encoded unexpectedly and therefore result in reflected XSS. We’d like to thank n0bodysec for responsibly disclosing this to us.

Further hardening has been introduced to the ACP configuration settings for the Jabber functionality. The page will no longer output the communication content while adjusting settings. We’d like to thank Cory Billington for reporting this issue to us via HackerOne.

The fixed issues include, among others, a circular dependency when cron tasks depend on the controller helper, issues with drop-down menus, inconsistent margins when using zoom inside a browser, and an error while generating backups on PostgreSQL 12+.
In addition to that, permissions will now follow a more natural ordering in the ACP and the maximum allowed attachment file size will be displayed to users."

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Forum Software Update - From Bertie with Love

Postby Enrique » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:27 am

Hi Admin,
Many thanks for the update.

I would suggest Members read the last sections enclosed in the " " if they are having trouble sleeping........... :idea:

Have a great day...........

:D
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:10 am

so best to clear history and cache i guess?

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:46 pm

I did have a problem getting the forum page yesterday around lunchtime, but it was OK later on, so probably when they were doing this...
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)