Pm address

This section is designed to let the Andalucia.com community know about any improvements or alterations to the forums and to post questions and comments about the forums themselves.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Pm address

Postby olive » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:31 pm

I dread receiving a pm or having to send one. After all this time I still havent figured how you put the persons name in. Add, search, reply none work easily. For the life of me , I can’t see what I am doing wrong. Eventually it works after numerous efforts. Shouldnt be that hard! Why does it not autofill when you click reply or just work?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Pm address

Postby Enrique » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:50 pm

Hi olive,
I've just sent you a PM with the procedure, You click on message "Reply" and Reply

You can play by sending to me or yourself............

To nights homework........... 8)
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:47 pm

I think. I can see what is happening .

I type in the name in add recipient, click Add . So far so good. At that stage the name vanishes out of the box but the message still goes to the person.

Homework completed with a reply message and a new message! The name vanishes out of the box after clicking add on both.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:18 am

When I saw the title of the thread I thought it was about Sanchez or Boris addressing the nation!

As for sending a PM, I think you can only send it to one member at a time. This is in order to prevent mass spamming of several members by one member (not that anyone would do that on andalucía.com.)

If you click on the member's profile then send a message from there that member's name is already entered as the recipient. You don't have to add it again. If you do it from 'New PM' directly from 'Private Messages' you enter the recipient's name then when you click 'Add' it disappears from the box and is then shown to the left of the box with an 'x' by the side of it so that you can delete it if you have entered the wrong member.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:00 am

:thumbup: Thanks.