Where's all my previous post history gone ?

This section is designed to let the Andalucia.com community know about any improvements or alterations to the forums and to post questions and comments about the forums themselves.
scotty.ie

Where's all my previous post history gone ?

Postby scotty.ie » Sun May 07, 2023 4:05 pm

I've been unable to log in and post for some time and despite sending messages to Admin I got no answer. This week I got a reply and logged back in.
Edit ................... I've searched and found my old "profile" Scotty. So now I need to try and find my log in details for Scotty. :crazy:

olive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Where's all my previous post history gone ?

Postby olive » Sun May 07, 2023 4:26 pm

Welcome back from exile!

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun May 07, 2023 7:26 pm

scotty.ie wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 4:05 pm I've been unable to log in and post for some time and despite sending messages to Admin I got no answer. This week I got a reply and logged back in.
Edit ................... I've searched and found my old "profile" Scotty. So now I need to try and find my log in details for Scotty. :crazy:
I had problems logging in some time ago, the site would not accept my password, the same password I've used since i joined the forum...I hit the forgot password button and followed the instructions to set a new password, that worked..I don't know if you have tried that? you could try logging in with your old user name and then click on the forgot password button and see if you can reset your password.Hopefully you will recover your old account.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon May 08, 2023 10:49 am

Pamela1 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 7:26 pm
scotty.ie wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 4:05 pm I've been unable to log in and post for some time and despite sending messages to Admin I got no answer. This week I got a reply and logged back in.
I had problems logging in some time ago, the site would not accept my password, the same password I've used since i joined the forum...I hit the forgot password button and followed the instructions to set a new password, that worked..I don't know if you have tried that? you could try logging in with your old user name and then click on the forgot password button and see if you can reset your password.Hopefully you will recover your old account.
Lots of members got locked out a few months ago. Most got back in eventually.

Katy Again
Tourist

Postby Katy Again » Fri May 12, 2023 12:29 pm

I just changed my name after several attempts'. Even now I can’t log in on one of my devices under any name.

knowal
Resident

Postby knowal » Fri May 12, 2023 6:52 pm

Make sure your bookmark is https and not just http.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:59 pm

I have to log in every single time as the 'remember me' button has amnesia or something worse. I cannot log in at all on one of my devices, like Katy Again. Sometimes I just don't bother ...

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:38 am

Since the one time i had probs logging in it's been ok on all my devices...However the biggest problem for me is being unable to send a post after i have bothered to write one...I always get the login page, although i am already logged in..I used to lose many posts until i got round it by starting a new tab and logging in from there, go back quickly to the first tab then press submit...A bit of a faff and sometimes i used to think what is the point.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:54 am

Good morning Pamela1,

Had a look at your problem on Windows 10 with Firefox and don't get your issue.

Some quick things to do

Clear your Browser Cookies for Andalucia.com ....there are 4 of them
Reboot your system
read a Post of interest and if you want to Reply press the Reply Tab and it will ask you to login .... login and a Reply Box will popup.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Katy Again
Tourist

Postby Katy Again » Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:34 pm

I have been locked out again on my new name. I sent a longish message to Pamela weeks ago don’t think it went. Haven’t tried for a while but it’s worked today?

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:06 pm

Katy Again wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:34 pm I have been locked out again on my new name. I sent a longish message to Pamela weeks ago don’t think it went. Haven’t tried for a while but it’s worked today?
Hi Katy, good to see you back on. :wave: You are right, i didn't get your message...Hope you are well and everything is ok.. :)

KKKaty
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby KKKaty » Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:24 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:06 pm
Katy Again wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:34 pm I have been locked out again on my new name. I sent a longish message to Pamela weeks ago don’t think it went. Haven’t tried for a while but it’s worked today?
Hi Katy, good to see you back on. :wave: You are right, i didn't get your message...Hope you are well and everything is ok.. :)
Wasn’t on for long. Been locked out for a while. Been staying in Paris with Daughter had a busy time. Once last try :lolno: I'm going to Almunecar soon. Tried a week in May and liked it a lot so doing two. Prices in hotel less than in Marbella 10 years ago. Friendly locals and best food I’ve had in Spain.will message soon when back in routine :mrgreen: :wave:

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:21 am

KKKaty wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:24 pm
Wasn’t on for long. Been locked out for a while. Been staying in Paris with Daughter had a busy time. Once last try :lolno: I'm going to Almunecar soon. Tried a week in May and liked it a lot so doing two. Prices in hotel less than in Marbella 10 years ago. Friendly locals and best food I’ve had in Spain.will message soon when back in routine :mrgreen: :wave:
We really like Almunecar and La Herradura. The food is ok but I wouldn’t rate it as the best in Spain by a long way.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:25 am

Lavanda wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:59 pm I have to log in every single time as the 'remember me' button has amnesia or something worse. I cannot log in at all on one of my devices, like Katy Again. Sometimes I just don't bother ...
click the remember me box before you type your login name.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:57 am

KKKaty wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:24 pm
Katy i had a feeling you had been locked out again...Hopefully you will get back on...if you do then send me a PM with an email address...Hope you enjoy Almunecar again. :D :wave:

KKKaty
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby KKKaty » Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:07 pm

costakid wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:21 am

We really like Almunecar and La Herradura. The food is ok but I wouldn’t rate it as the best in Spain by a long way.
I should have said hotels. Always disliked Spanish buffet meals but the one in Almunecar was good. Lots of good seafood, a carvery and a station where you chose your meat. Lamb chops, steaks etc. Didn’t eat out only Tapas. Glass of bubbly at breakfast.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Sep 03, 2023 3:11 pm

In Spain i would rather have tapas as order a full meal..I have found a couple of hotels in Torre where the buffet food is very acceptable, apart from that the restaurants are middle of the road..
The best food i've ever had in Spain was at my sons wedding, it was top class and memorable..He certainly had a great occasion and got what he paid for..