Travel Covid requirements

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Travel Covid requirements

Postby olive » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:12 am

I read something by a Spanish expert. If I remember correctly he said if you had one person able to do a vaccination every five seconds and they worked none stop day and night, it would take 380 years to vaccinate 20 million people. Ergo 380 centres would take a year. So it is a big logistical problem but one that should be doable given it is every country’s number one priority just about.

I had a conversation with my 95 year old fathers gp in UK. He has difficulty getting to a Biontech vaccination centre 20 miles away and memory problems. Please ring us when you have the vaccine that doesnt need very cold storage. Good idea. We will annotate his notes accordingly.. They rang him today , please come to surgery on Saturday at 9.45. Good job I rang him as he will have forgotten tomorrow and that would have been a missed appointment.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:56 am

The maths is very wrong. There are 31.536 million seconds in a year. So at 5 seconds a pop, that would be 6.307 million vaccine doses a year. At 2 doses per person means 3.15 million people vaccinated in a year.

Either way it's fairly irrelevant given the role out numbers we have seen so far! How on earth the % of vaccines distributed can vary so widely by region is beyond me. National emergency....but not working weekends!

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:11 am

At least the Junta de Andalucia amended their vaccination programme this week to provide for vaccinations to take place 24/7, and on public holidays. I just know I'm going to be offered a 3am appointment when my turn comes around!

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:33 am

And you know there will be a curfew and leaving home for vaccine will have not been put in the BOJA as a valid reason to leave home

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:36 am

katy wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:13 am

Said on a local forum here that a sperm bank at a local stud farm has been used for their superior freezing equipment. Don’t know if it’s true. Most of those over 75 have been vaccinated now.
Actually they haven't. Only about 25 percent and still thousands of over 80s not had the jab but lots booked in over next few weeks.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:44 am

Paddy Pumpkin wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:56 am The maths is very wrong. There are 31.536 million seconds in a year. So at 5 seconds a pop, that would be 6.307 million vaccine doses a year. At 2 doses per person means 3.15 million people vaccinated in a year.

Either way it's fairly irrelevant given the role out numbers we have seen so far! How on earth the % of vaccines distributed can vary so widely by region is beyond me. National emergency....but not working weekends!
I just knew that would happen. Never believe what you see in the press. It is a mighty logistical effort notwithstanding. :thumbup:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:22 pm

costakid wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:36 am
katy wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:13 am

Said on a local forum here that a sperm bank at a local stud farm has been used for their superior freezing equipment. Don’t know if it’s true. Most of those over 75 have been vaccinated now.
Actually they haven't. Only about 25 percent and still thousands of over 80s not had the jab but lots booked in over next few weeks.
I was quoting locally. I know many over 75s personally that had the vaccine last week. I said before it is a postcode lottery. I think the NHS staff should have been vaccinated first, the front line ones, not like the NHS manager I know who works from home and has been given it. Seemed to be going ok until the government have butted in.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:27 pm

Back on track. Those of you in Spain can get some good deals on Paradors. Had an email, offers at 60 euro per night. No Vaccinations required :wink:

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:56 pm

Said on a local forum here that a sperm bank at a local stud farm has been used for their superior freezing equipment.
------------

Let hope they dont get the vials mixed up :lol: