Malaga Airport Express Parking-Departure Level

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
pensure1988
Resident

Malaga Airport Express Parking-Departure Level

Postby pensure1988 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:04 pm

I believe that one is unable to use the Lifts to go up to the Departures Level and go across the road from Terminal 2 straight into the Express Parking. Can anyone explain the route one has to take now to get there, as there is no signage being provided by Malaga Airport

Thank You

David

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Re: Malaga Airport Express Parking-Departure Level

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:07 pm

Sorry David, I can't help you. I've not been ínside the airport for.years.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:08 am

Parking downstairs in the longterm and wanting to go up to the express? Theres internal stairs at the side of the lifts.

Sorry im abit confused by the,wording. Where are you starting from

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:40 am

Are you asking about someone arriving at the airport downstairs in arrivals then making their way up to the express parking? We haven't done it since Covid, so presumably you cannot now use the internal lifts to go upstairs to departures which we always did? I thought there were lifts or an escalator if you come out of arrivals and walk straight ahead behind the cafe?

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:51 am

Go outside and use the lifts there?

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:41 pm

We picked family up a few weeks back. We parked in the 15 min express. Took the lift down to the europa car hire area and behind that you can walk through and it brings you out on the road just where the car hire buses pick up so you just walk straight across to the arrivals where the cafe is

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:57 pm

Hi Elusive

I am referring to Passenger arriving form UK and having to meet someone at to the Express Car Park but cannot use the normal route via Departures Level Terminal 2 and then outside across the road to the Parking Garage. You can not do this anymore as it has been all closed off. Please can you explain an alternative route.

Thank You

David

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:29 pm

Leave arrivals hall.
Go outside.
Walk across to the lifts.
Catch lift to parking level.
Walk to express parking.

Does that no longer work?

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:40 pm

No, I do not think that works anymore, as the access to the Express Parking is all taped off for pedestrians now, Because of covid-19

David

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:41 pm

Do the reverse as posted above. Come out of arrivals walk past the cafe towards the underpass where the hire car vans pickup and go straight across the road through the gap to the europa carhire area and you can take the lift up from there

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:18 pm

The car hire vans etc do not pick up 'in the tunnel at the moment, its being worked on.

(For anyone interested we have a new pick up point, come out of arrivals, walk forward to the bus stop, then to the left and under the bridge, then there's a big open area almost at the bottom of the control tower where we have been designated to stop for passenger collection.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:55 am

Collected a visitor last night.

Had to smile. Plenty using the dodge of hovering on the curve outside the hire car area and the visitor nipping through the taxi area. A “ wall” of metal tubes had been erected to stop that but there is a convenient gap with an inconvenient metal lip.

I also noticed a new dodge. People waiting after the flyover roundabout on the cross hatchings. Presumably for their visitor to phone and say waiting near the gap!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:35 am

One night last year when I was picking up my OH from the airport, there were rows of cars parked on the 'new' flyover road waiting for a call. I just park in the short stay carpark (the one beyond the express) and it doesn't cost much more than a couple of euros at most. What people will do to avoid paying a couple of euros! I think the police should move them all on or give them tickets for parking illegally as it clogs up all the approach roads.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:50 am

I always thought they were illegal taxis.

qe2ex
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby qe2ex » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:11 pm

olive wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:55 am Collected a visitor last night.

Had to smile. Plenty using the dodge of hovering on the curve outside the hire car area and the visitor nipping through the taxi area. A “ wall” of metal tubes had been erected to stop that but there is a convenient gap with an inconvenient metal lip.

I also noticed a new dodge. People waiting after the flyover roundabout on the cross hatchings. Presumably for their visitor to phone and say waiting near the gap!
Hmm, so where did you collect your visitor? Picking up family next month I've recently found out, but it's been a while since last time, so now I'm not sure where the most convenient (for them) will be to wait for me? Think I possibly picked someone up at the parking for departure last time (10-15 minutes was free?), but not sure if that's possible or convenient anymore. Don't want to damage the rolls-royce on an inconvenient metal lip either.

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:39 pm

Good Evening

You could not walk across the road to Express Parking in July, August or September. Maybe it has all changed now that we are in Covid_19 level 1 or 0.

"P1: Short to Medium Stay Parking next door to Express Parking
This car park is within easy walking distance of the main terminal buildings and is ideal for those meeting flights or accompanying friends and family to Málaga-Costa del Sol Airport. There are 1,471 spaces, of which 47 are reserved for disabled parking badge holders.
The car park connects to T3 via a passageway on Floor 2 as well as the Check-In area and Arrivals area on the ground floor. "
Direction on how to get there
Coming into Malaga Airport to get to P1 Parking,one has to take the Road that says Car Hire. Go down the ramp and around the roundabout and then go straight along this road alongside the Building. Go along this road nearly to the end where you will find a "P" for parking sign. Go inside take a ticket and then proceed upstairs to Level 2 or 3, I think. Just look out for the outside roadway which leads to Terminal 2 & 1, as you drive up level by level.. Then find a Empty Parking Bay and you are there.
Due to walking difficulties it may be possible to take the "travelator" from either first or second floor of the car park to the lifts almost opposite the exit gate from the arrivals terminal.

Good Luck

David

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:52 pm

My understanding is you can exit the arrivals hall, go outside and straight ahead to the building that houses lifts and escalators, go up to the parking floor and you have the corridors and walkways that you take to express or other car parks.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:20 pm

Agree with ashton. That how we did it when collecting family. Parked in the express got the lift down to the europcar hire on the ground floor. And behind their office theres a gate that brings you out next to the tunnel where the car hire collection vans picked up. Cross over and you are at the cafe and arrivals exit

Trainman

Postby Trainman » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:52 am

Is there any update on this? We are meeting friends on Friday and wonder if we can now pick them up in express parking or indeed park in the short term and meet them at arrivals. Has anyone been there since level 0 was introduced and noticed any changes?

Flashman
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Flashman » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:04 pm

for what it's worth when collecting i park in short term (having negotiated my car past those that block the approach and just pull up to collect, to avoid paying a couple of euros!) then exit on Level 2 and walk the 'long corridor' with travelators that never seem to work. I exit at the very bottom and drop down the stairs to the outside terrace area to await my arrivals. i then reverse the process to get out again....