Entry into Spain from UK

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Entry into Spain from UK

Postby Enrique » Sat May 21, 2022 4:06 pm

Hi,

Some info...............

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-61535204
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon May 23, 2022 10:13 am

I saw the article in Sky news as well but it doesn't seem to have been widely reported. The Spth site hasn't been changed as far as I can see either still saying that unvaccinated from third countries need to be resident etc. Mind you, they didn't check anything apart from the Spth QR code, and even that wasn't scrutinised last week at Malaga, so they don't seem to be enforcing it much anyway.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon May 23, 2022 11:34 am

I will update as I fly this evening.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon May 23, 2022 3:54 pm

costakid wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:34 am I will update as I fly this evening.
Will it affect though as you're vaccinated aren't you?? It's only us unvaccinated that need the test.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue May 24, 2022 7:46 am

The airport was quite busy but they have moved passport control and its much quicker. I filled in the basic SPTH form as had 3rd jab. Directed to blue channel, all very civil. From landing to train station it took 25 minutes.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Tue May 24, 2022 7:55 am

So you still do an spth form as resident and vaccinated??
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

jonbar.1
Resident

Postby jonbar.1 » Tue May 24, 2022 8:13 am

Our friends just arrived from UK.
No SPTH form needed.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue May 24, 2022 10:03 am

I returned from UK 4 weeks ago and the SPTH form wasn't needed then either. Just proof of vaccination. The rules changed last Saturday again allowing non EU unvaccinated to enter now. The best place to check current requirements is on the GOV.UK website.
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic ... quirements

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue May 24, 2022 10:34 am

fyfin wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:55 am So you still do an spth form as resident and vaccinated??
I've said a few times that it is only people that do not have the recognised EU Digital Covid Certificate that needs to complete the Spth form.

If you're fully jabbed you only need to show your certificate and go through the orange lane on arrival and this applies to all arrivals from the UK, whether resident or not.

There are not many of you on here that are like me and are unvaccinated, so it won't affect most of you as you have had the jabs. Last week I had to complete a test and the Spth form 24 hours before departure in order to enter Spain from the UK and go through the blue lane.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed May 25, 2022 7:44 am

fyfin wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:55 am So you still do an spth form as resident and vaccinated??
Fully vaccinated but not resident so had to fill in SPTH pre departure. Anyone who hadn’t filled it in had to do it at Malaga before allowed in. No checks at Luton airport.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed May 25, 2022 9:18 am

costakid wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:44 am
Fully vaccinated but not resident so had to fill in SPTH pre departure. Anyone who hadn’t filled it in had to do it at Malaga before allowed in. No checks at Luton airport.
Residency doesn't come into it if you are fully vaccinated. Friends arrived over a month ago and only showed their NHS covid certificate, and no form.

It clearly says on the Spth site "To travel to Spain if you have an EU DCC, or equivalent EU it is not necessary to complete the SpTH health control form." You must have a EU recognised digital covid certificate.

Also from the gov.uk site:
Travellers from the UK who can either show proof of being fully vaccinated, or of having recovered from prior COVID-19 infection in the last 6 months, or who are aged under 12 years old, do not need to complete Spain’s Travel Health Control form.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed May 25, 2022 5:25 pm

Wicksey wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:18 am
costakid wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:44 am
Residency doesn't come into it if you are fully vaccinated. Friends arrived over a month ago and only showed their NHS covid certificate, and no form.

It clearly says on the Spth site "To travel to Spain if you have an EU DCC, or equivalent EU it is not necessary to complete the SpTH health control form." You must have a EU recognised digital covid certificate.

Also from the gov.uk site:
Travellers from the UK who can either show proof of being fully vaccinated, or of having recovered from prior COVID-19 infection in the last 6 months, or who are aged under 12 years old, do not need to complete Spain’s Travel Health Control form.
Well Monday at Malaga anyone who didn’t have the SPTH form was pulled to one side and had to fill it in. I am fully jabbed and have pass on my phone but filled it in anyway. Glad I did because it was checked after passing through passport control.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed May 25, 2022 6:33 pm

I don't understand that at all as I know of non-residents that have not needed the form, just the Covid certificate as clearly stated on all the websites as I quoted above. When I came through people were just flooding through and flashing their QR codes on their phones and they weren't being stopped or asked for any more details of forms. You obviously were unlucky!

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed May 25, 2022 7:16 pm

I don't understand it either, when i travelled at Easter i presented my vaccine certificate and that was it,i didn't fill out an SPTH form.
Maybe its a one off training thing or something, my friend flew into Alicante yesterday and didn't have a SPTH form, all went well.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed May 25, 2022 8:13 pm

i won’t bother filling it in next time. Worst case is I have to do it at Malaga. I suppose the new form will be a declaration that you haven’t been in close contact with anyone with Monkeypox.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed May 25, 2022 9:41 pm

costakid wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:13 pm i won’t bother filling it in next time. Worst case is I have to do it at Malaga. I suppose the new form will be a declaration that you haven’t been in close contact with anyone with Monkeypox.
Never thought about that one costakid. :lol:

elizabennett
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby elizabennett » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:54 pm

We have relatives with UK passports going to stay at our place for two weeks' holiday. They said they need proof of address. We are not renting the apartment - they are staying as guests. Does anyone know of a procedure for proof of address?

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:28 pm

There's been a lot of stuff about this including proof of the €100 per day and return ticket etc. They are probably talking about the carta de invitacion which again according to the rules for 3rd countries, you're supposed to have it.
We worried about this when my son and our granddaughter and great grandson came over. In the end we did nothing as it appeared most people's experiences were that they never got asked for it. I was contemplating a simple email or letter to them stating that my family and listing their names and passport numbers would be visiting us (and giving our postal address) from date to date. Signing it and with my Nie number. As I said in the end we did nothing and they weren't asked.
I suppose you could get an officious customs guy so something like I said would probably suffice if you want to put their mind at ease.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:45 pm

elizabennett wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:54 pm We have relatives with UK passports going to stay at our place for two weeks' holiday. They said they need proof of address. We are not renting the apartment - they are staying as guests. Does anyone know of a procedure for proof of address?
Not a chance that they will be asked for anything.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:50 pm

Just a quick update on the timings at the airport, I departed Malaga last Thursday on a 13.00 flight. I arrived 3 hours before the departure time because of previous problems. 10 mins through security and 5 mins at passport control. 6 guys on passport control and every security scanner in operation. Hopefully the madness has ceased.