AENA wi-fi error message

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

AENA wi-fi error message

Postby Screagle » Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:30 pm

Hi,

My recent trips through Seville and Jerez airports have thrown up the following error message when attempting to connect to airport wi-fi:

Uh-oh! "TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'SetItem')"

I have two UK phones that earlier in the year were connecting automatically. I've tried forgetting the network and rebooting them both - to no avail. Is there anything I'm missing or should try on my next trip?

Saludos

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: AENA wi-fi error message

Postby Enrique » Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:35 pm

Hi Screagle,

This error seems to be related to Java script...........

If you want to have some bedtime reading ............ Google TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'SetItem') ... :yawn:

What to do ..... clear AENA app cache , Uninstall app, reload app.......... shutdown and restart phone and see how things go on your next trip.

Or do nothing and see if it was a one off glitch...............

AENA app current version 3.2.9 what's yours :?:

Disclaimer::
All of the above are the ramblings of a "resting sysadmin"........... and my not relate to a speedy resolution for you.

:D
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: AENA wi-fi error message

Postby Screagle » Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:51 am

Thanks for replying, Enrique - I've not downloaded the AENA app. Yes, I should have looked up the error message :oops:, but as I've not installed the app I would have come to the conclusion that the source of the error message was either the way in which my android phones were interacting with AENA wi-fi - which presumably I could resolve or it was a service-wide error affecting all users - which AENA should resolve.

I've had issues with airport wi-fi security certificates (Stansted) and unsecure connections before but this AENA error is new to me. My phones are Android 6.0.1 and 9 if that has any bearing. All other public wi-fi services in Spain work fine.

Saludos