Goldcar Europa

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
ashtondav
Resident

Goldcar Europa

Postby ashtondav » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:48 pm

Hi

Carjet have just allocated my rental to the above company.

Usually i get Crown and get hacked off by the queues BUT impressed by the fact that they allow full/full, quarter/quarter etc with no rip off for a full tank of petrol AND also they make no extra charges for insurance of any kind.

Nor have they ever bothered if i take it back with a scratch or two.

Does anyone know Goldcar's policies on these issues? I will be over for 3 weeks so i will use the tank of petrol - its the extra insurance that bugs me when crown never charge a cent.

Thanks for any help and all the best.

samizdat
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby samizdat » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:52 am

Does anyone know Goldcar's policies on these issues?

dont know which airport you are using but at Granada - they are waste of space.!

Pressured to take out extra insurance

Pressured to take a dented old car, as everything else was "out

They use tank empty bring it back empty...... mmmhhhh...

and finally they tried to send me off without a safety kit and then tried to tell me that it wasn't the law in spain, after a heated arguement I was charged 30E to take out triangle and warning jacket.

I will never use them again. Crown does have huge queues but you don't get any of the above nonsense

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:27 am

Just email or call Carjet. They will change the hire co. no probs.
Brian.

Chalky
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Chalky » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:28 pm

I've used Europa from Malaga on several occasions - in fact I used to ask for them because they did full/full rental, and the queues were short. I have not had any problems of the sort mentioned by samizdat, but I don't think they do full/full any more.

Manxman
Andalucia.com Amigo

Malagacar

Postby Manxman » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:25 pm

Hello :) :)

My Wife and I have used malagacar for a number of years and find their whole service quite satisfactory.

Adrian
Manxman living in Manchester.

Elaine
Tourist

Carjet

Postby Elaine » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:57 pm

Hi
My hubby has always booked through Carjet, and for the last couple of years have had Crown and despite the waiting have had no problems.
Now we have booked ahead for the year and Carjet have put us with Solmar, never heard of these before, and on inquiring Solmar do not do Full/full as Crown do, so we e-mailed Carjet asking to be put with Crown only to be told that it will cost a further 34 euro.
My husband thinks this is Crown's way of off setting the Full/full fuel policy.

Elaine

samizdat
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby samizdat » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:03 pm

Now we have booked ahead for the year and Carjet have put us with Sol mar, never heard of these before, and on inquiring Sol mar do not do Full/full as Crown do, so we e-mailed Carjet asking to be put with Crown only to be told that it will cost a further 34 euro.
My husband thinks this is Crown's way of off setting the Full/full fuel policy.

I think its more a supply and demand situation - crown has all the business they can handle so carjet is looking for a supplier who is cheaper i.e. solmar

I used solmar last time and they took a deposit for a full tank and when I returned it full they refunded the total amount without question.

Gin Monster
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Gin Monster » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:20 pm

If you use this website for a quote and then continue scrolling down to the bottom of the page it gives you the terms and conditions of each hire car company...quite handy and often surprising differences between each company:

http://www.bravocarhire.com/Malaga_Airport_car_hire.php

rafiki
Resident

Re: Carjet

Postby rafiki » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:40 pm

Elaine wrote:we e-mailed Carjet asking to be put with Crown only to be told that it will cost a further 34 euro.
I'm surprised to read that. The prices on their website are brokerage prices and are not hire-company specific so it shouldn't make any difference unless there was a long time lag between making the original booking and requesting the change. In that case all prices may have increased.
Brian.

Elaine
Tourist

Carjet

Postby Elaine » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:33 pm

The online booking price was 176 euro, when we e-mailed carjet to change to Crown, (the same day as booking) reply e-mail said that Crown's cost came out to 210 euro, and this was the only car hire company that did Full/Full through Carjet.

Maybe rafiki is right, but we are flying out to Granada tomorrow, so it is not in the high season.

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:32 pm

Charges do vary within 'seasons'. We see it all the time with our bookings for Crown at Seville. If I were you I would email Irene Morrison, the owner of Carjet/Premiercarjet [email protected] and complain. See what she says.
Brian.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:50 pm

Well i've just changed to Crown. Cost an extra 9 euros and i guess they'll be a wait - but at least no rip off full tank charge and extra insurance.

Thanks for the input - it's been really helpful.

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:17 pm

Interestingly I have just made several bookings with Premiercarjet for the next few months and have never had so much correspondence to get what I want.

I, too, was asked to pay more for a longish booking that had been allocated to Goldcar Europa. Similarly, when I emailed Lisa to change it to Crown I was told it would cost more. When I queried this I was told that, in the past, when this happened, the difference in price was usually not great and Premier absorbed the extra.

So, it seems that there is a much greater variation in pricing between the hire companies and Premier/Carjet just quote the cheapest on their web site. If you want something different they now have to pass on the extra cost.
Brian.

estepona
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby estepona » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:03 am

I've used Carjet for 3 years and always collected my car from Crown. On my last visit, I had to get one from Europa Goldcar. They charged me €62 for a full tank of petrol and I had no cover for lost keys, wheel and underside damage etc. Additionally the car was tatty and had several knocks on the bodywork.
I've just tried again with Carjet for May and been given a car with Europa again. I'm going to cancel this booking as I wasn't happy with Europa last time.

I've discovered another site, which was €2 cheaper than the Carjet quote.
They offer the full/full petrol policy and the cars seem to be from Crown.
Sadly, the insurance limitations seem to be the same as Europa, but at least the fuel rip off is avoided.

Chalky
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Chalky » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:49 am

We've recently returned from a trip through Malaga airport. Carjet had allocated us a car through Centauro - a nearly new Ford Fusion with all the triangles and hi-vis jackets AND they agreed to rent it full/full in spite of the Carjet paperwork saying full/empty. They charged €53 for the tank of fuel and refunded it on our return. No problem, no queue. :D

zanuck
Resident

Postby zanuck » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:40 pm

Over the months I keep bleating on about Helle Hollis. On Sunday 18 March at about 1100, I went downstairs in Malaga airport to pickup my car from HH, I had to nudge my way through queues for the first three desks, which I think are perhaps Crown, Eurocar and Carjet (can't be certain because I know HH is the one furthest away and that's all I'm interested in), but I've never seen queues like them. People standing from rental desk to the far wall. (Typically) wives and children sitting on floor or chairs, hubby in queue standing up reading a book.

Goodness knows how long they had been there, or would be there.

I had to queue at HH (a rare thing) 2 people ahead of me. Two agents on the desk, so 3 or 4 minutes was bearable.

So, either their (HH) prices are so much higher than the others or they don't participate in the car brokers websites favoured by many who post here, or something else. I don't know; I'm happy with their service, full/full policy and refund of petrol deposit on return. My car return this Sunday was the quickest ever - could have taken possibly 2 minutes.

Sometimes the cars are almost brand new, sometimes, like this time, you wonder how a car with 17000kms on the clock could have been abused by so many animals, plus some vandal damage (keys across bonnet). However with insurance waiver payment, never have I had a query about any dents or scratches and touch wood, I've never made or had any made to a hire car that I've used.

No matter how much I say I like HH, I do not want the rest of you to rent from them; after all why would I want to stand for hours in a queue 40 people deep, just to pick up a car that I've booked 6 months earlier??????

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:51 pm

Last two times I have booked thru

Malaga Car Hire
Uk Based
Am I allowed to give the phone no?
020 8398 2662
Very good prices.
Fuel is Full/Full but you have to leave a 50 Eu dep.
Courtesy bus to the depot which is the Niza building by the first roundabout
First time, they looked at our motley band, said the car booked was too small, and gave us a free upgrade.
Can't be bad

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:09 pm

Just got back having used Crown. Brand new KIA (100K). Mind you it will be a long time before i hire another 1.0 litre car - plodding up the autovia hills was great fun, slowly going from 130KPH down to 80KPH by the hill top! No charges for fuel or extra insurance. Only 4 in front of me at the queue to hire but it still took 20 minutes.

My friend was allocated Centaur by carjet and was charged for a full tank, however it was only 40€ which sounds reasonable to me.

So for carjet allocations Crown and Centaur both seem reasonable. And both have cars under the airport so you don't have to go off site as with HelleHollis

Chalky
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Chalky » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:55 pm

ashtondav wrote:My friend was allocated Centaur by carjet and was charged for a full tank, however it was only 40€ which sounds reasonable to me.
Did he ask them for full/full? I think you'll find they would have refunded his €40.

jan400
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jan400 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:20 pm

ashtondav wrote: And both have cars under the airport so you don't have to go off site as with HelleHollis
I count going off site for car hire as a big plus, the queues at the airport are horrendous!