FIRST AID KITS IN CARS

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Re: FIRST AID KITS IN CARS

Postby Devils Advocate » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:56 pm

El Cid wrote:It is only a recommendation like the fire extinguisher.

Things have changed since the original post such as a set of bulbs no longer being needed.

Sid
Didn't know that Sid about the bulb set no longer being required. It makes sense though and I always thought it a bit daft, as some modern cars need a total front end stripdown to do the swap :mrgreen:
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:02 pm

Devils Advocate wrote:

Didn't know that Sid about the bulb set no longer being required. It makes sense though and I always thought it a bit daft, as some modern cars need a total front end stripdown to do the swap :mrgreen:
Not to mention the DRL's that are now compulsory and many of them have multiple LEDS. Some cars now have LED headlights. On my car that is a £1000 option. If you bought that you are hardly likely to carry a spare!

Sid

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:46 pm

El Cid wrote:
Not to mention the DRL's that are now compulsory and many of them have multiple LEDS. Some cars now have LED headlights. On my car that is a £1000 option. If you bought that you are hardly likely to carry a spare!

Sid
Yes good point. That will also have contributed to the scrapping of that regulation I'd have thought
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:39 pm

Yes, I think it was the introduction of Xenon lights that triggered it plus the fact that on many cars, changing a bulb is not an option for the owner - it needs to be taken to a dealer to dismantle most of the car to replace the bulb.

My wife's Mitsubishi had to go to the dealer to change the little indicator repeater on the wing as it required the whole wing underbody protection to be removed!

That said, on my new VAG car every bulb is easy to access. The Germans sometimes get it right! Now, if I had ordered the LED headlights that could be a different story!

As for first aid, I wonder how long it will be before cars have built in defibrillators as an option!

Sid

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:47 pm

El Cid wrote:As for first aid, I wonder how long it will be before cars have built in defibrillators as an option!Sid
Many a time I thought I would need one after driving round roundabouts with the incompetent local drivers! :crazy:
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

alexander1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby alexander1 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:54 pm

Enrique wrote:Hi alexander1,
First Aid kit not compulsory in Spain according to AA site............

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/ov ... pment.html

RAC doesn't mention it either.
Many thanks Enrique and thank you to all for your contributions!

eazbak
Resident

Postby eazbak » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:17 pm

peteroldracer wrote:
El Cid wrote:As for first aid, I wonder how long it will be before cars have built in defibrillators as an option!Sid
Many a time I thought I would need one after driving round roundabouts with the incompetent local drivers! :crazy:
you mean the ones going anti-clockwise round the roundabouts ? Bloodly locals !