Bus Fuengirola to Gibraltar

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
bilbo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Bus Fuengirola to Gibraltar

Postby bilbo » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:44 pm

Hi,

I need to get to bus to La Linea from Fuengirola and someone has made me a little concerned by saying that there are two bus stations in Fuengirola.

Can anyone tell me exactly where to catch the bus in Fuengirola to go to La Linea and exactly where to catch it back from La Linea. :roll:

lola2
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby lola2 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:15 pm

If you click on the Travel & Tourism section it gives bus time tables

bilbo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bilbo » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:48 pm

Thanks - already seen the timetables but wanted specific info as to where to catch the bus in Fuengirola.

Does anyone else commute to Gib from Fuengirola area and is there a bus service that operates between the two at decent times for work commuting ?

annie_d
Resident

Postby annie_d » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:21 am

Could anyone help here? I need public transport from Archedona to Granada. What would be the best route please?
anyway, anyway, love from me.

brenda
Resident

Postby brenda » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:28 am

There are 4 buses a day from Archidona to Granada-

Fare Euro 5.46

Buses go at:-
01.00 arriving Granada 03.00
07.35 arriving Franada 08.40
14.50 arriving Granada 16.30
18.00 arriving Granada 19.30

For full details see www.alsinagraells.es

Hope this helps.

annie_d
Resident

Postby annie_d » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:40 pm

VERY helpful thankyou. the only place i know in Archedona is theMercadona supermarket. Would i get it near to there? Thankyou again for your help, brenda.
anyway, anyway, love from me.

brenda
Resident

Postby brenda » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:48 am

Sorry annie_d I don´t know Archidona so can´t tell you where to get the bus.

However, I´m sure that someone on this forum will be able to tell you.

bilbo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Bus Fuengirola to Gibraltar

Postby bilbo » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:33 am

bilbo wrote:Hi,

I need to get to bus to La Linea from Fuengirola and someone has made me a little concerned by saying that there are two bus stations in Fuengirola.

Can anyone tell me exactly where to catch the bus in Fuengirola to go to La Linea and exactly where to catch it back from La Linea. :roll:
For those interested, the bus goes from the main bus station in Fuengirola (near the Renfe train station) and arrives in La Linea (border with Gibraltar) 2 hours later after stopping off at :

Marbella - approx 25 mins - Be warned that the station is a long way from the sea front

Puerto Banus - approx 35 mins - You MUST remind the driver when you leave Marbella that you want Puerto Banus otherwise they will miss it out completely.

San Pedro de Alcantra - approx 50 mins - Doesn´t appear to be a bus station, just a pull in lane on the main road.

Estepona - approx 1 hour - the bus station is right on the sea front - normally a cigarette break for the driver.

After that the stops appear to be sporadic depending on whether anyone wishes to get on/off but route goes through La Duquesa, goes around but will go into Sotogrande and San Roque and then heads off to La Linea.

bilbo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bilbo » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:35 am

Once into Gibraltar, there is a bus taking you from the border into the town centre - well worth it if you do not want to walk the mile or so into the city centre.

These buses are every half hour and even more frequent at rush hour.

Enjoy your trip - hope it has been useful !!!!!

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Thu May 31, 2007 9:43 pm

This may be too late to be any use, but better late than never.....

The bus station in Archidona is on the opposite side of the road to Mercadona, but further towards the motorway (north, I think). It doesn't look like a bus station, just a shop front but it has a large 'service road' type lay-by. There is a bar next door or next but one, on the corner. I think it says "Parada de Autobus" over the 'shop front', but if I remember correctly, it was getting a bit faded.....

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:05 pm

There are TWO bus stations in Fuengirola (technically speaking) but they are actually one-and-the-same!
Located on the corner of Alonso XIII, just down (towards the sea) from the railway station.

Enjoy yout trip.

Gus

elkimbodude
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby elkimbodude » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:02 pm

yeah, prepare for a long trip :)