Romantic Getaway......

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
claire4james
Andalucia.com Amigo

Romantic Getaway......

Postby claire4james » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:16 pm

long time no post......

Anyway, I am after some ideas/suggestions for my anniversary....

Based in La Cala I am looking for somewhere within a couple of hours drive, that can provide me with a romantic room/suite for 2 nights....

Current considerations are......

El Oceano, Miraflores...... + very romantic looking jacuzzi suite and small cosy feel to place.... - spa is not as good as some competitors

Ritz Carlton/Villa Padierna..... + superb looking hotel, high quality and great spa.... - whilst suites look lovely, nothing particulary romantic about the room.....

Don Carlos.....As per Villa Padierna really....

Got two nights away without the kids, and just want to relax, take some spa treatments and do nothing!! The key to the room is romance, hence the jacuzzi suite at the Oceano is currently the favorite....

Look forward to your ideas, thanks...
from La Cala with love...........

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:29 pm

Oceana sounds good, (at least you don't have far to go :) ) Would rule out Don Carlos (just my opinion). A bit longer drive is Kempinski (fantastic suites and nice setting). Let us all have a review :P

safeashouses
Resident

Postby safeashouses » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:58 pm

How about The Roman Oasis in Manilva

http://www.insanctum.com/

Chalky
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Chalky » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:33 pm

safeashouses wrote:How about The Roman Oasis in Manilva
It's closed until June 1st. I've not been inside, but from the outside and the location, I don't think it would be up to the standard of the other places mentioned.

spanish hopes
Resident

Postby spanish hopes » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:33 pm

Stay at home, let your better half feel the joy of having saved enough money in one weekend to pay for his Season Ticket next year and he will reward you with as much romance as you can ever hope to manage, and at least he will know that his system is used to your cooking so will be unlikely to have any upset stomach to mar the romance.
Vaseline rubbed on the doorknob on the outside of the bedroom door would ensure a peaceful uninterupted romantic fling. :wink:

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:03 pm

Personally I would rule out El Oceano
Food IMO is absolutely rubbish, and some of the clientele can leave a lot to be desired :oops:

If you seriously are looking so close to home, check out "The Byblos" on Coin Rd, nice Hotel, good Spa, and the main restaurant has great service and good food.

Or you can have the master suite at my house, with manicure, pedicure and facial thrown in for 250euro a night :lol: :wink:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:10 pm

Sooo happy you have said that about el oceano :) Thought if I said it would get some retort, it's not just the clients...the owners leave a lot to be desired too :evil:

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:27 pm

Katy don't hold back :lol: :lol:

Infact I am expecting to see it on the Marbella Belles programme, I would thing it would be a prime venue for Sunday lunch, but maybe they don't venture out of Banus.

claire4james
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby claire4james » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am

Thanks for the comments....

I realise experiences differ each visit, hence some can have a great meal one night, and the next be terrible!!

Paula, I have experienced the Byblos (few months ago now) and think that it has gone downhill since Aifos has taken it over....Service was not good at all!, the oceano I have eaten at only twice and both times the food was excellent and the service was better, (hence this is a consideration) however you and Katy have obviously not had similar experiences.. (maybe it's a Sunday thing). If all else fails, I will give you a shout re your room (do you have mirrors on the ceiling like the roman oasis? lol)

Katy, I like the Kempinski, however thought it too big a hotel to offer the "romantic" room we seek.......

Safeashouses, the Roman Oasis looks like what I am looking for, that enormous room, with four poster and sunken jacuzzi is very appealing, shame it's closed...thats what I am after (rather than the luxury offered by some of the others mentioned) shame it's closed.

So, if we can find a room like the one in the Roman Oasis somewhere that's open, I would be most grateful...

Dealer
Resident

Re: Romantic Getaway......

Postby Dealer » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:30 am

claire4james wrote:Got two nights away without the kids, and just want to relax, take some spa treatments and do nothing!!
Do Nothing? Yeh right! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
claire4james wrote:The key to the room is romance, hence the jacuzzi suite at the Oceano is currently the favorite....

Look forward to your ideas, thanks...
The key to true romance is 'holding' 'touching' but most of all 'listening and responding to the other person and the other persons body in silence and in heat', phwoar! :wink:
"A soul afraid of dying will never live"

Dealer
Resident

Postby Dealer » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:31 am

I forgot to say I am a very good listener! :oops:

Sandi
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Sandi » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:01 pm

What about the Zurbaran Suite at the Posada el Torcal, not too far away, food is supposed to be excellent too. If you go, can you report back please? In fact, wherever you go, please report back. Lots of interested people here.

alaninspain
Resident

Postby alaninspain » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:35 pm

You could try the Hotel Beatriz Palace & Spa @ Fuengirola, not too far to go. It looks very swish from the outside and the website pictures look just right for a special stay. Tel 952922000 or e-mail to reservas. palace @ beatrizhoteles.com

safeashouses
Resident

Postby safeashouses » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:05 pm

claire4james wrote:
Safeashouses, the Roman Oasis looks like what I am looking for, that enormous room, with four poster and sunken jacuzzi is very appealing, shame it's closed...thats what I am after (rather than the luxury offered by some of the others mentioned) shame it's closed.
Ah but it is open check the website again you can have the whole place to yourselves. You could have food delivered. Or just take champagne and strawberries with you. :)

Dealer
Resident

Postby Dealer » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:17 pm

STOP
It is not the place that is going to make this romantic it is who you are with. If it's the right person you can be romantic in a grave yard what is wrong with you lot no wonder I find it easy to trap married women. Romance can be walking down a beach and writing 'I love you' in the sand, sitting together and watching the sun go down catching each others eyes and smiling a smile that lightens the world.

safeashouses
Resident

Postby safeashouses » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:22 pm

DON'T STOP

Dealer we'll see you in the graveyard at midnight. :lol:

You won't miss us we will be sitting around a cauldron. :wink:

We still want champagne and strawberries though. :P

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:28 pm

Byblos taken over by Aifos, oh dear :(

No mirrors at present Claire :oops: But I guess it could be arranged :)

I´m sad to say I have never had a good meal in El Oceano in the 6 years since it was taken over by present owners, on whichever day of the week.
But then I thought the Beach House improved after they left. (Food I mean, as the service there can be diabolical also)
Maybe its a "me" thing.

Wherever you end up, have a great time.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:44 pm

Not certain but I think the Beach House is now run by their Daughter. It is still a rip-off joint as before. One time we noticed all the wine glasses had a strange white film on them as if they hadn't been washed correctly. The very last time we were there just called in for a drink about 5pm, sat on plastic patio chair with feet in sand, the bill for 2 beers had an added service charge, when queried they said it was because we had sat at a table with a cloth on :!: plus the beers were double anyone elses price too.

Back to Hotels, went to Monda Castle Hotel a few years back and that was ok. except we were the only people in the hotel...or maybe that is what you want?

claire4james
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby claire4james » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:25 pm

Dealer wrote:STOP
It is not the place that is going to make this romantic it is who you are with. If it's the right person you can be romantic in a grave yard what is wrong with you lot no wonder I find it easy to trap married women. Romance can be walking down a beach and writing 'I love you' in the sand, sitting together and watching the sun go down catching each others eyes and smiling a smile that lightens the world.
hmmmm.....Mr claire4james here....

Couldn't agree more, however these are things that most of us do on a regular basis and I am looking for something for that special occassion....(are you really saying that your current funding only allows you to take said married women to graveyards and the beach??? :o )...And to be honest, your welcome to your Shirley Valentines (although as a REAL man, I find the act of pursuing another mans wife demonstrates a real lack of character, I think you'll find this respect for other men is what seperates us men from you boys 8)

safeashouses...bit pricey to rent the whole place! (maybe though you could stay in one of the other rooms on hand for the treatments :wink: )

Sandi, a colleague of mine went to the Posada el Torcal and loved it, but its just not screaming "book me book me" lol

Katy....I like the idea of the Castle, going to explore that some more....

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:45 pm

No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.