Hotel near Conil, Bolonia etc

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
oscarposcar
Andalucia.com Amigo

Hotel near Conil, Bolonia etc

Postby oscarposcar » Sat May 19, 2007 9:16 am

Can anyone recommend a good hotel on the Costa de Luz - preferably with childcare included!

laclotte
Resident

Postby laclotte » Sat May 19, 2007 12:26 pm

Under the present circumstances (and I totally apologise if it is a genuine error) :oops: I find this post tasteless and unnecessary (purly regarding the child care).
- You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note -

oscarposcar
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby oscarposcar » Sat May 19, 2007 11:46 pm

i'm sorry that i offended you. i have 2 small children and no childcare and would like a holiday where i can enjoy the luxury of spending time with my husband. how sad that society has become so paranoid that you can't ask for a simple recommendation of a hotel with childcare facilities. i know i could go to any old place and leave my children alone....

annie_d
Resident

Postby annie_d » Sat May 19, 2007 11:50 pm

Lots of hotels do offer childcare facilities but I would beware even of those. Often they are staffed by young people with more interest in sun, sea, sand etc. rather than the welfare of their charges. Many ARE genuinely caring people who have been insufficiently trained to care for children. ALWAYS check their personal qualifications, not just that they have been deemed clever enough to care for children by the holiday company and check the ratio of adults to children. How many children could YOU care for and guarantee their safety?
anyway, anyway, love from me.

oscarposcar
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby oscarposcar » Sun May 20, 2007 8:11 am

which is why i'm asking for recommendations...

lis48
Resident

Postby lis48 » Sun May 20, 2007 9:44 am

I would suggest the Fuerte Conil. I´ve not stayed there myself though I´ve been in to look around. At the time I wanted somewhere a bit closer to the town´s bars (though it´s only a 10 min walk but it was winter) as I was just there with my partner. But with kids in tow, I would stay there. It´s next to Fontanilla beach, Conil´s best beach with that great seafood restaurant (forgotten its name or is it just Fontanilla?). The hotel seemed very child friendly, not too expensive as one of a large chain with special online offers etc. You´re within easy reach of Bolonia, Vejer and the wild beaches of El Palmar so a good base.
Más vale un "por si acaso" que un "¿quién lo iba a saber?"

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun May 20, 2007 10:47 am

Spent a few days in a hotel in Novo Sancti petra, think it was called the Vinnci Golf? The rooms were all suites with separate sitting room, ideal for families. Noticed they had children's staff. Sorry about the comments from the perfect parents police :roll:

Valencia_Paul
Resident

Postby Valencia_Paul » Sun May 20, 2007 7:32 pm

Fuerte Conil is a nice hotel but I didn't have kids when we last went so didn't notice about the childcare facilities. It had an indoor as well as outdoor pools and was full of Germans.

jan400
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jan400 » Mon May 21, 2007 3:25 pm

Do the children speak spanish fluently?

I only ask as there isn't alot of UK tourism in the area and most hotels will probably be geared towards spanish families or possibly German as I read recently that 2 out of every 3 (I think) visitors to the area are German.

Some of the hotels in Novo Sancti Petri are featured in the Thomson/Thomas Cook brochures and may have childcare facilities for English speaking children in the peak summer months.

lis48
Resident

Postby lis48 » Tue May 22, 2007 7:49 am

The hotels in Novo SP all have English speaking child care groups in August but I would say they were a bit far away (40 mins) if you want close access to the lovely beaches between Conil and Bolonia as you said in your heading.
Más vale un "por si acaso" que un "¿quién lo iba a saber?"

JAWG
Resident

Postby JAWG » Tue May 22, 2007 10:19 pm

Spent a few days in a hotel in Novo Sancti petra, think it was called the Vinnci Golf?
We stayed here for a couple of days in Feb, 2006. Thoroughly enjoyed it but as we were four adults, no knowledge of any child care facilities.
John G
Ottawa, ON, Canada