Spain introduces API on flights into the country...

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
avellana
Resident

Postby avellana » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:37 pm

Flew from UK to Malaga yesterday, 19th (day it was due to start), with Monarch and no forms to complete. Even asked Monarch staff in final departure lounge who said info had been captured at booking in desk.

Only delay was due to only one man on passport control with a couple of flights arriving at same time.

At least there was passport control! Flew out previous Tuesday from Granada and 23 people were allowed to board without going through passport control which was unmanned! The passengers had to walk back across tarmac to terminal and then back again. Seemed a bit unfair as it appeared to be passport control's problem - I think the officers were having breakfast when flight was due to board!

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:09 pm

I know this subject has been flogged to death here but just in case, the following from the UK Department of Transport may be of interest:
http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/aviation/inte ... cepassinfo

k
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby k » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:11 am

As mentioned, flying with ryanair website says you can register details on line from July - but you can't !!
Anyone done a Ryanair this month ? What process are they using ? I am on my long awaited return soon, flight to granada and was wondering if there is any chaos at check in. Any info gratefully received

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:18 am

We check in online and the details one has to enter there do not match the list that Ryanair indicate are required by Spain - no d.o.b. nor full name requested. There has never yet been a problem and we have not subsequently been asked for those details at the airport. When we have passed by the check-in for Seville and for Jerez on our way to the gates in Stansted there have been no extended queues as far as we could see.

I wonder if, after all the fanfare, Spain hasn't implemented the system yet?
Brian.

Colinm
Resident

Postby Colinm » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:51 am

I flew to Malaga last week with Aer Lingus and used the web check in. I had to fill in passport number, expiry date and date of birth before the web check in would issue a boarding pass.
Flew to Amsterdam yesterday with Aer Lingus and used the web check in, not asked for anything!

Don't know exactly what this means (except there is a system and it works!)

Campo Kenny

Postby Campo Kenny » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:52 am

Flew Monarch a few weeks back...........no problem or queues. All info. taken with a swipe of the passport.

concorde
Resident

Postby concorde » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:49 am

When we flew from Liverpool to Granada with Ryanair last month we enquired at the check-in desk about the new requirements. We were told they weren't to be enforced until September.
Arrived home last week with no problems.

JAKE M
Resident

Postby JAKE M » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:58 am

We flew 23.06.07 blackpool to malaga with jet2.com and back 2 weeks later. No hassle. They swiped passports at check in desk. no delays at all.
There is no such thing as gravity-Earth sucks

wendyakemp
Resident

Postby wendyakemp » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:55 pm

Travelled with ryanair the other week and they didnt ask any questions, I think they get most of it at time of booking and the rest from passport at check-in. Have pending bookings and havent been asked anything there either.