Selwo

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
mickhick

Selwo

Postby mickhick » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:02 am

Having read the previous posts and some unimpressed opinions from people who have visited there, I wondered whether anyone had been there lately and if so what they thought? Has it improved?

Miggy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Miggy » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:06 am

Been there twice this summer,the last being last week...don't like how the tigers are kept,too small area for them all...
Love the hanging bridges and went for the first time on that thing that on a cord that brings you down over the lake :D
I think the prices for kids to enter are way high, if a child is over 7 years old they have to pay adult price :x :x :x

j4mes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby j4mes » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:08 am

If you're talking about the "safari" style park estepona way....I went at the tail end of last year......

I actually thought it was ok.....kids enjoyed it, they are 6 & 7. Although it isnt huge, i think the way it's done makes it quite good....a bit of a walk around looking at some animals, petting zoo....then onto a huge army style open back truck through some more animals....jump off....bit more walking....back on another truck up to the top, via the bears etc.....then a walk down across rope bridges (all very exciting!).......

For the price...I thought it was value...not the sort of thing you could do time and time again, but well worth the visit!

mickhick

Postby mickhick » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:11 am

Cheers Miggy & j4mes

j4mes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby j4mes » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:47 am

ps....if you buy a happy meal for the kids at macdonalds, you get a voucher for free child entrance

Miggy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Miggy » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:56 am

Hope it works because at Selwo they class a child being between 3 and 7 years old :x

I also advise to take your own picnic because the food at the restaurant is quite expensive and quite rubbish really :!: Just my opinion :wink: