Priority boarding scam

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Sandramay
Resident

Postby Sandramay » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:32 am

Retro P Sorry, I'm far too busy for role play, Christmas is coming and I've got Santa's mince pie to make. :D
Sandramay

fizzbang
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby fizzbang » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:49 am

safeashouses wrote:Well we've just received an e.mail from those nice people at easyJet to say they have upgraded us free of charge to Speedy Boarding Plus for our flight next week so I will let you know how it goes. :D
Sorry, that ain't gonna help..cos I have paid a little more for the Speedy boarding Plus Executive Gold which allows me to arrive 2 days before and take my seat...but, I hear there is now a Speedy boarding Plus Executive Platinum for a small fee of around £10 more than the Speedy boarding Plus Executive Gold.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:14 am

If you lot would make your minds up just where you live, and stay there, it would not only reduce the carbon footprint of Andalucia, but stop all these worries about how/where/when you will sit for just a three-hour flight! :roll:
And people had a go at me for fussing about bad non-English, like "your" for "you're" (you are), and "it's" when the apostrophe means that you mean "it is"! Getting things like that wrong means people may not understand you, sitting not next to your group means you may meet an interesting person, and/or have new experiences to share after the flight.
:? :D
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

safeashouses
Resident

Postby safeashouses » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:19 am

Well Fizzbang just hope that I don't get on and sit next to you or you will have wasted time and money 'cos I like Sandramay take up all my seat. :wink: :lol:

I also like my smelly hot meal on board BUT at least I haven't got a cold - not at the moment anyway. :)

safeashouses
Resident

Postby safeashouses » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:32 am

peteroldracer wrote:If you lot would make your minds up just where you live, and stay there, it would not only reduce the carbon footprint of Andalucia, but stop all these worries about how/where/when you will sit for just a three-hour flight! :roll:
Oh Peter, if only, my joints say Spain but my bank manager says UK. :(

P.S. It's only a two and a half hour flight now with an easyjet engine. :wink:

costapacket
Resident

Postby costapacket » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:13 pm

sitting not next to your group means you may meet an interesting person, and/or have new experiences to share after the flight.

I met a neighbour of ours once on a flight to Malaga. Never seen him before although I had heard gossip about him. As soon as we realised that we lived on the same road and he described the house I put two and two together - they were the big lottery winners!! He told me how his life had changed. Really nice chap. Another thing I remember quite vividly was that he had a stinking cold :twisted:

Just popping out now to buy a lottery ticket :wink:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:22 pm

Wasn't the one who was married to the marbella Belle was it :wink: There is a winner living near us, we call them 2 jags because they had 2 new ones delivered on a transporter. Heard that the Irish woman who won 85 million has bought on the CDS.

Back to Easyjet, their summer flights are on sale...how can anyone plan that far ahead :?

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:24 pm

My stream of visitors can plan that far ahead :?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:28 pm

:lol: :lol: true, they really know how to pin us down don't they.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:50 pm

I'm not sure which is worse - all the people who said when we left the UK "We will be coming to see you!" and have not been in touch, or those that said the same thing and keep appearing! :roll: :wink:
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:40 am

I too, like Sandramay will be a Martyr and make some mince pies and a christmas pud, I do love a good role play :wink: :wink:
Ah! the full english!!

Sandramay
Resident

Postby Sandramay » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:38 pm

Retro P ......it's a bit late for the pud, unless it's for next year :) Actually I'm not a martyr, I lurrrve doing/sharing all the traditional cooking with my daughters. The men get all the washing up :evil: (they do volunteer) :lol:
Sandramay

Faire d'Income
Resident

Postby Faire d'Income » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:36 pm

Grouser wrote:Have to agree that the flights are a bargain whether you scramble for a seat or not, and for a short flight it doesn't bother me that much, though I still like to gawp out of the window. Most of our flights are with BMIbaby who allocate seats, so the situation doesn't occur. I don't really understand the thinking behind non allocation of seats though. What is the point? If it is just a hidden charge, option to make a bit more, give illusion of choice, it seems a tad pathetic. Just charge everybody a quid or so more and add that line of code. I'm sure it won't make any difference to sales.
Non-allocation of seating is a fundamental part of the LCC's business model which requires the aircraft to on the ground for the minimal amount of time. Theoretically, by not allocating seats turn around is quicker as SLF (self loading freight) scramble to get onboard and in their seats more quickly than they would if allocated a la BA model.

Ryanair's taxiing speeds leave a lot to be desired but contribute to this quicker turn around methodology which is why they frequently are subjected to CHIRP reports by other airlines/ground control.

Don

Postby Don » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:15 pm

So this weekend we enjoyed Clickair both ways. Interestingly they now advertise themselves as second only to Ryanair in their operating costs of all the "low cost business model" airlines but they have gone back to seat allocation and guess what? Gone is the hectic rush to the gate and scramble on to the plane. Boarding at Gatwick started 40 minutes before the flight and really meant boarding. Straight into the gate and "please go straight on to the plane". No costs for priority boarding, request what seats you would like at check in so early to check means first choice of seats. And we did push back on time - it was only the Gatwick queue for take off which kept us waiting but we landed on time in the end.

Was a pleasure to get back to relative warmth as the cars in Gatwick hire car park were still covered in thick frost at 2 o'clock yesterday afternoon.