And now British Airways charging for snacks

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Don

Postby Don » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:14 pm

Do you actually read other posts Retro?

If you dont like this thread, you are welcome, indeed very welcome to stop reading it and ignore it.

Please stop going on about Malaga airport as it is one of many in Andalucia and only of interest to those for whom it is either convenient or a necessity.

You have told us all about your 5 houses in UK, Spain and Ireland and your lifestyle so obviously cost does not seem a matter to you. However, value for money is a matter for many of us lesser mortals. Which means our business class tickets at 120 quid from London to Malta return represents much better value for money than your 150-175 quid no frills to Malaga.

In my opinion SH, the budget airlines have their place and of course you makes your choice and you pays your money. There was one year when I did just over 300 flights in one year, some only an hour but some 11 to 13 hours. One real problem with the budget arlines is that they are set up as point to point airlines so through tickets are not available and if one flight has problems and you miss a connection then you are up the creek. Even on economy class fares BA and the other majors honour through tickets and get you home. Incidentally that year was not a good one as it meant one hardly had time to recover from one trip before setting off on the next. Goodness knows how some people get to platinum frequent flyer status unless every flight they take is business or first class.

Felices Fiestas a todos y un prospero año neuvo especialmente.

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:22 pm

Sorry, I thought this forum was for the exhange of views, that would, of course include differences of opinion, you AND Spanish hopes are quite right budget airlines do have a place and a huge market to boot, I am bit concerned though that sometimes people don't get it, budget airlines are still in it for profit and will do everything they can to get back a bit here and there, if one can get a relatively cheap flight ie ,one costing considerably less that a normal or scheduled flight then one should be prepared for a little discomfort and inconvenience as for the purchasing of snacks etc you do or you don't!
As a point of interest a friend of mine tells me that when flying on a package holiday with Estoinia airlines you are asked when booking if you want to travel from the destination airport to your final destination, ie, your hotel, by bus (you have to pay extra) or do you prefer to make your own arrangements!
Ah! the full english!!