B&B in Frigliana???

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
hiker
Andalucia.com Amigo

B&B in Frigliana???

Postby hiker » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:53 pm

We are heading to Frigiliana in Feb 2008 for 5 days to get a feel for Andalucia in the winter.

We are looking for a nice B&B in Frigiliana for 5 nights.

Anyone got any recommendations??

Many thanks.
putting the "ANDA" into Andalucía..:)

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

B&B in Frigiliana

Postby gavilan » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:55 am

I am intrigued to know what made you choose Frigiliana 'to get a feel of Andalucia in winter'? ... Andalucia is a huge area and Frigiliana is one small village in the Axarquia, east of Malaga ... and 5 days is a very short time to experience winter weather ...

bob
Resident

Postby bob » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:20 am

Dealer
Resident

Postby Dealer » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:03 pm

There is not a B&B in Frigiliana! :shock:
"A soul afraid of dying will never live"

Campo Kenny

Re: B&B in Frigiliana

Postby Campo Kenny » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:54 pm

gavilan wrote:I am intrigued to know what made you choose Frigiliana 'to get a feel of Andalucia in winter'? ... Andalucia is a huge area and Frigiliana is one small village in the Axarquia, east of Malaga ... and 5 days is a very short time to experience winter weather ...
No matter what place in Andalucia was chosen by hiker for a visit you could say the same thing :?,

Frigliana is nice and is situated close to a lot of activities on the coast.
Have a great break.

Kenny

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:29 pm

There is a lovely B&B just round the corner from my house, I can't remember the name of it at the mo but will have a look and let you know. I had a look round for when we have visitors and the rooms are lovely, it's a georgeous little place but you can't park near it and it is up some steps so no good for people with mobility problems. The rooms are 40€ per night for a double and 50€ for a double with a small terrace, all en-suite. We also looked at a small hotel and a big hotel in Frigiliana and the prices were all similar and we much prefered the B&B. In fact I have a photo of it somewhere I will have a go at posting it. :D

Dealer
Resident

Postby Dealer » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:44 pm

I stand by what I said, there is NOT a B&B anywhere in Frigiliana or even Andalucia.
"A soul afraid of dying will never live"

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:52 pm

The name of the B&B is Hospideria El Caravanasa, if you are interested I will find out the number/website for you. Having trouble with photobucket but will post the pic as soon as I can :roll:

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:40 pm

Here is the photo...

This is the church just opposite....beautiful

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:21 pm

I don't really know of a B&B there (Dido's is a hostal, but same thing, different name!), but one is supposedly Numero 23, en Calle Amargura, but don't know anything about it. I did see the big hotel, Villa Frigiliana, was doing 3 nights for the price of two in Feb, so that would not be a lot more expensive. Comfortable and central.

[quote]No matter what place in Andalucia was chosen by hiker for a visit you could say the same thing Confused,[/quote]

Agree! And I expect they realise 5 days is not a long time either. :D
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

Babby
Resident

Postby Babby » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:42 pm

Dealer, you are really quite unhelpful. There are lots of B and B´s / hostals - just google Bed and Breakfast Andalucia - see for yourself!!!!
I used to be indecisive but now I´m not so sure.

Ama
Resident

Postby Ama » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:53 pm

You can check these rural hotels out:

http://www.laposadamorisca.com/eng/index.html

This is self catering and is just outside Frigiliana, interesting history

http://www.elacebuchal.es/ingles/

Another self catering option

http://www.ruralgest.net/scr/index_rese ... =&idioma=1

Enjoy your stay.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:54 pm

Maybe I was wrong, but when they said they wanted to stay in Frigiliana, I assumed in the village, so I didn't offer any suggestions outside. Whilst La Posada Morisca is fairly close, (eaten there once, would not go back!) the one in Acebuchal is about 20 minutes away down an unmade up forest track! (your car insurance won't cover you) Plus you'll probably be alone there in Feb, it's like a ghost town,(well village) full of holiday homes, I haven't seen anyone living there permanently, perhaps there is now. :?
There's a photo here, http://www.pbase.com/abwhitt/image/51914650

There's also Las Chinas in the new village, no idea what the rooms are like, but Sebastion does great seafood soup! :D
Hotel Las Chinas. Plaza Capitán Cortés, 14. Tel/fax 952 533 073.

:D
Regards, Frank

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:46 pm

Las Chinas. Ooooooooh the taste of THAT soup lingers with me still. I'd stay there. I also ate once in that Moriscos place and never again. Rude staff and rubbish food

Best fish soup i've ever had, including Marseilles Boulllabaise. Don't even get me on to Sebastien's slow cooked shoulder of lamb.............

Oh, in feb you should be able to rent a one bed apartment for €200 for 5 nights.

Frigi is a lovely place.

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:06 pm

Sebastian told me they weren't connected to the hotel even though they are next door and have the same name. The man who runs the hotel was a bit unhelpful and miserable (the opposite of Sebastian!!) and wouldn't show me a room he just showed me some pics and they didn't look very nice and it was a bit dearer than the B&B!

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:37 pm

ashtondav. Glad I'm not the only one that likes his soup! I like the way he fills your bowl up, and then leaves the tureen there for you to finish! Last time, I didn't finish it all (it was a first course, after all!), and he said, You don't like my soup? :D I love it, but for a starter, if I eat it all, I'd never get as far as the main course! :) Agree with Moriscos, totally underwhelmed.
Dido. Yes he's so helpful! My wife took her credit card out of the machine too early, so had to do it again, and when she checked, she had been charged twice. He couldn't have been more helpful. Mind you, our Spanish friends live in the village and they are big friends, so that helps! Sebastion is recently divorced, so perhaps his wife didn't think as highly of him as we do! :D There are some apartments down behinf Las Chinas, we had a look at them once, but cannot remem ber the name.
I think the OP has disappeared anyway, perhaps we are wasting our time! :(

Edit. This was the apartments, just found it.
http://www.rosa-marina.com/
Regards, Frank

hiker
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby hiker » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:15 pm

Great info guys and gals. Thanks for that. I'm only getting back to it now cos I was away for the christmas.

We spent a month in Andalucia last June and we really liked Frigiliana.
Cadiz and the Costa del la Luz was also lovely but that wind, wow.

We're hugging the coast to avoid the really cold winters of the interior but I'm aware that this will cost me in property value.

I booked a couple of Ryanair cheapos (€50 for two return tickets from Dublin. Sure you could'nt beat it with a big stick :) )

A few days in February will give some sort of idea of a Spanish winter climate cos I have no idea as it stands.

I beleive its cold, maybe snowing so I'll come prepared.

I was also going to try and get from Malaga to Frigiliana by bus, for the craic like. :)

I'm not wealthy like all of you lot so I'm counting my pennies.

Thanks again for your help and a very happy new year to all.

hiker
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby hiker » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:40 pm

frank wrote:Maybe I was wrong, but when they said they wanted to stay in Frigiliana, I assumed in the village, so I didn't offer any suggestions outside. Whilst La Posada Morisca is fairly close, (eaten there once, would not go back!) the one in Acebuchal is about 20 minutes away down an unmade up forest track! (your car insurance won't cover you) Plus you'll probably be alone there in Feb, it's like a ghost town,(well village) full of holiday homes, I haven't seen anyone living there permanently, perhaps there is now. :?
There's a photo here, http://www.pbase.com/abwhitt/image/51914650
Yep, I found it last June. Astonishing place. Did'nt know about the car insurance but I had no problems on the day anyway.
A bit remote in fairness but beautiful. I have these plans in my head to hike the seirra Almijara when we live there and Acebuchal looks like a nice starting off hike. 8)

hiker
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby hiker » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:43 pm

dido72 wrote:Sebastian told me they weren't connected to the hotel even though they are next door and have the same name. The man who runs the hotel was a bit unhelpful and miserable (the opposite of Sebastian!!) and wouldn't show me a room he just showed me some pics and they didn't look very nice and it was a bit dearer than the B&B!
Excellent information Dido. We'll be staying for 5 nights so we want to get as central and comfortable as possable.

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

B&B in Frigiliana

Postby gavilan » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:17 pm

if you have not already got it ... then a good book re walks in the Sierra Almijara is Charles Davis' 'Walk! the Axarquia' published by Discovery Walking Guides ... I especially liked the Silk Route, Lucero & the Guardia Civil outpost there and the river walk thro the Rio Chillar and its gorges ...