Help..Transport from Bobadilla to Martos..is it possible

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
mikeinspain
Andalucia.com Amigo

Help..Transport from Bobadilla to Martos..is it possible

Postby mikeinspain » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:47 pm

Hello all,
Can anyone give me information on how to travel from Bobadilla to Martos , I dont drive however someone told me it is very close by so are there taxis at Bobadilla, is Bobadilla a big place. Is it easy to get from Bobadilla to Martos or any other info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

alaninspain
Resident

Postby alaninspain » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:51 pm

I hope the Bobadilla you mention is the one called La Bobadilla, just north of Alcaudete. If so take the 316 north east towards Jaen and Martos is the first big town you come to, best guess about 10 Kms. If it is the Bobadilla just to the west of Antequera that is a different story.
My brain works like lightning -one flash and it's gone

mikeinspain
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mikeinspain » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:54 am

Thanks for your reply, it is I assume bobadilla you mention it is close to the A316 north of Alcaudete. However on my map it does not say La Bobadilla. I see a train departs from Malaga Renfe and stops at bobadilla and im hoping its this one whereby I can get off the train and then find a taxi to Martos. I hope that is clearer. Thank you for you prompt reply.Mike

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:14 am

alaninspain wrote:I hope the Bobadilla you mention is the one called La Bobadilla, just north of Alcaudete. If so take the 316 north east towards Jaen and Martos is the first big town you come to, best guess about 10 Kms. If it is the Bobadilla just to the west of Antequera that is a different story.
He doesn't drive :roll:
Ah! the full english!!

alaninspain
Resident

Postby alaninspain » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:06 am

Mike. I think the train stop at Bobadilla from Malaga is the wrong one for you. From memory ( which has been known to fail ) the one nearer Malaga is the only one with a rail link.
Retro. He will have to do a Peachy and show a bit of leg for a lift.
My brain works like lightning -one flash and it's gone

Jennifer
Resident

Postby Jennifer » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:01 pm

Hi Mike,
There are two Bobadilla on the Malaga line one near Antequera and the other near Granada.
The Bobadilla near the A316 no longer has trains going thru, the line has been converted to the "Via Verde" a walking route thru Jaen province.
J

ht006d5256
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ht006d5256 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:01 pm

look up Elsa-mary and send them a personal message (they live in Bobadilla) and were very very helpful to us I am sure they will be as helpful to you and answer all your question good luck
Howard

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:23 pm

How do you look up another member other than clicking on their name on an existing post. What if they only post spasmodicaly and you can't find one.

ron
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ron » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:59 pm

Go to search at top of page. Type in user name and search.

ht006d5256
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ht006d5256 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:01 pm

Go to the top of the page click on search in the box search for author type in Elsa-mary click on Elsa-mary in one of the topics select PM and type away your questions
Howard

Heston
Resident

boadilla

Postby Heston » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:06 pm

hiya Mike in Spain....yes there are two Bobadilla ( I dont live too far away from the one in Martos) its about a ten minute drive Bobadilla to Martos however Taxis are few and far between up here you would have to ask a local for a number of a taxis company.

Jennifer
Resident

Postby Jennifer » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:26 am

To see where the trains go in Andalucia look at

http://www.renfe.es/mediadistancia/mapa_andalucia.html

which, unfortunately for you, shows that the Bobadilla that the train goes to is not the one near Martos. It'll be a long taxi ride and cost a lot! :wink:

IMHO if planning to use trains it'd be better to get to Jaen and get a taxi from there. Or, have you looked into buses? There seems to be a better network of them. I know the bus from Alcala la Real to Jaen goes through Martos. and I'm sure there are buses from Malaga to Granada and Granada to Alcala la Real - this may even be the one that goes on to Jaen :)

Good luck