nice hotel near Cartama

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
brucexpat
Tourist

nice hotel near Cartama

Postby brucexpat » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:19 am

There are a large group of us going to this area in a few weeks to shoot.
I wondered if anyone could recommend a decent hotel in or around this area,preferably one that has a rather large car park as most of us own jeeps with trailers.
Thankyou.
Bruce.

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:32 pm

:( There's a really nice Country Club type Hotel on the outskirts of Pizarra, bit pricey tho' as I understand it. There are several Two star type Hostals in town as well, we're about 15 mins from Cartama, any good? Then there's the Mirador at AEG, that has a big carpark.

mijas-lady
Resident

Postby mijas-lady » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:46 pm

There are new tourist apartments in Estacion de Cartama which are supposed to be lovely-can get the contact number if you are interested

sick and tired
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sick and tired » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:48 pm

try the alhaurin hotel not to far nice rooms not to bad for price

brucexpat
Tourist

Postby brucexpat » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:58 am

I think we will try the Country Club type Hotel that you stated country boy.any chance of the name?
If not then the mirador sounds like the next best option for us.
Thanks.

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:43 pm

:? We will going out that way tomorrow, will take a butchers for you, see if they've got a web site etc. Watch this space :lol:

Angie P
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Angie P » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:26 pm

mijas-lady wrote:There are new tourist apartments in Estacion de Cartama which are supposed to be lovely-can get the contact number if you are interested
Sorry.. didnt get a chance to pop in and get any prices for you, as I had to get home for someone coming, but I took these as I passed this afternoon!!

and

Just in case you decide on this one

Ang

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:00 am

Further to my last posting: The complex rejoices in the name of "Finca el Realejo" Tourismo Rural. but no contact info at all on the sign. I will continue to try and get something more from our local bulletin board. Ah ha here 'tis:
http://www.cortijoelrealejo.com/como_llegaring.php

Not exactly an hotel... :shock: There's no bar!!

brucexpat
Tourist

Postby brucexpat » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:55 am

thankyou very much for the photographs angiep the car parking area isnt too large so i think i would pass on that one.Thankyou for taking time to take the pics and put them on here.

country boy a bar is not important to us and the place sounds good.
i am looking into that one.thanks to all.

Retro P
Resident

Re: nice hotel near Cartama

Postby Retro P » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:46 am

brucexpat wrote:There are a large group of us going to this area in a few weeks to shoot.
I wondered if anyone could recommend a decent hotel in or around this area,preferably one that has a rather large car park as most of us own jeeps with trailers.
Thankyou.
Bruce.
Hi Bruce, what are you going to be shooting? I've heard there are wild boar in that area.
Ah! the full english!!

brucexpat
Tourist

Postby brucexpat » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:40 am

Retro p.I too have been informed of wild boar being in the cartama region and we are off to investigate this.Do you shoot too?
I would be interested in hearing about where you have been in Spain and what animals you came across.Our group are always open to suggestions for new shooting ventures anywhere in spain.
regards Bruce.