Help needed !

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Help needed !

Postby gavilan » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:16 pm

katy: if you bought my book you would know about some places which few other people ever visit!

bond000
Tourist

Postby bond000 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:10 pm

Thanks mate , I know that Andalusia is marvelous ( and i believe in that ) , but unfortunately I dont have the time to go for more than the below cities :

* Day 1-3: Barcelona
* Day 4-6: Madrid
* Day 7-8: Seville
* Day 9-10: Granada
* Day 11: Valencia
* Day 12: Barcelona

I will try to put Cordoba and later Toledo in my list , but i dont think i will have the sufficient time to do so.

alaninspain
Resident

Postby alaninspain » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:19 pm

I am glad you have your itinerary sorted out and it is a pity you will have to miss some of the more typical Andalucian cities and towns, but you will just have to come back. Next time, base yourself in the Costa Del Sol, close to Malaga, and then you can take day trips to Ronda, Mijas Pueblo, Castellar De La Frontera, Casares, Frigiliana, Nerja, and go posing in Marbella and Puerto Banus. You may even wish to go to Gibraltar or visit Tangier, all possible in day trips. The reason that you must book ( in advance) for the Alhambra is that the main palace ( which must not be missed) is booked on a time slot. If you miss that slot you do not get to see the Nasrid Palace. Enjoy your stay and come again.
My brain works like lightning -one flash and it's gone

broads
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby broads » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:51 pm

Gavilan. What book?

.Griff.
Resident

Postby .Griff. » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:54 pm

katy wrote:I have always had a soft spot for Mijas. I can remember going up there as a child and the Road was just like a cart track. Most of it has scarcely changed and the coach trips are gone by lunchtime anyway. What I do find off-putting about all the famous sites such as the Alhambra are the crowds, they lose a little of the atmosphere.
The road has changed somewhat over the last 12 months with new roundabouts cropping up and the new coach parking area has helped somewhat.

Even though I'm biased it's definitely worth a visit if you're in the vicinity.

bob
Resident

Postby bob » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:06 am

bond000
Tourist

Postby bond000 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:52 am

Just got back from Spain,

The trip was great but Spain was muy calor !!!!!

I've been around Barcelona , Madrid , Toledo and Andalusia ...but i preferred Andalusia

Although 12 days visit for these spots isnt enough , but over all i enjoyed the trip.

thanks for all great information you told me , and Andalusia will be always the place must be seen over and over.

Regards

Bond

katie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby katie » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:12 pm

Glad you had a great time, you certainly packed a lot into your trip