Ryanair - Prestwick to Malaga.

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
alexander1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Ryanair - Prestwick to Malaga.

Postby alexander1 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:46 pm

I have never used Ryanair - due to more bad reports than good - but I would like to know if anyone has done this trip and of any experience, good or bad. I need to accompany an aged parent.
Many thanks.

higueron
Tourist

Postby higueron » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:18 am

The flights from Prestwick dont start until October the 27th
Regards.....John

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:44 am

All Ryanair flights are basic. If you want any food or drink on the flight you must pay high prices or take your own. You don't say if the parent is fully mobile but for anybody who has mobility problems you should advise Ryanair at the time of booking and you can request wheelchair assistance at both airports. There is a contact number you must call to advise them of their needs:

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs.php ... abilityreq

There is a limit of 4 mobility impaired passengers per flight so let them know asap. They usually reserve row 2 A-C for such passengers so they don't have to walk too far down the plane. I have noticed that most cabin staff are very helpful in these circumstances.
Brian.

jwc
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jwc » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:25 am

Better flying Globespan from Glasgow. (or maybe Easyjet)

alexander1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby alexander1 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:15 pm

Many many thanks, rafiki, higueron and jwc for your replies! I did see on the website that they need to know if assistance is needed - and it would be - and that I have to telephone before booking.
I have done the Globespan run a few times, but as Prestwick is much closer to her home, it is also easier to get to. In fact I had no idea until I looked at the Ryanair site that they flew from there.
I think from your comments, we will give it a try!