Easyjet

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Jool
Andalucia Guru

Easyjet

Postby Jool » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:19 pm

Website prices now include all taxes in the initial price, no charge for one bag of hold luggage 20kg max either, all very simple and straight-forward......

Return for 70 euros......all in.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:47 pm

Maybe cheap for odd dates but last week and this week they are more expensive than BA.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:58 pm

Better punctuality than BA, though. Heathrow and Gatwick suck for delays. You craftily "push off" on time, thereby being "on time" by their definition, then sit in the take-off queue for 15 minutes or so.

However, I always reckon on BA if the difference is less than 20 quid as i easily quaff down the difference in gin and tonic (not talking breakfast flights obviously!)

alisonb
Resident

Postby alisonb » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:43 pm

I've just looked again at Easyjet site, as I booked a flight with them last week. They are charging 10.5 euros for a hold bag from Malaga to Bristol. Jool -where did you see that it included baggage?
AlisonB

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:52 pm

Alisonb..
When you click on for baggage charges, you can actually minus the charges which then lowers the actual fare by 10.50e or 7 pounds sterling per case ..per journey....hope you understand that..

Regards ..Gordon...

Trigger
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Trigger » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:57 pm

Baggage is NOT included in the headline price, it just automatically adds it on, unless you change it, on the second page.
Clear as mud. :roll:

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:07 pm

Baggage is NOT included in the headline price
Nor are BA's fuel surcharges, and not only do they not add them on the second page they dcn't add 'em on for months! Oh, then there's the announcement by BA that they're cancelling a whole load of european winter flights this year. They're just like good ole Ryanair but charge twice as much. I'd rather get what I apy for, thanks.

frog
Resident

Postby frog » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:09 am

easyjet charge 10.50 euros for 1 bag in hold that is an extra

jool you are talking rubbish
jayne countys most famous song,google it

frog
Resident

Postby frog » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:19 am

just checked easyjet site,benidorm is talking rubbish too,you can save 10.50 if you have no hold baggage

alison and trigger,you are correct,

i too am flying to bristol to get to wonderful north devon in november

you guys should get your facts correct before posting
jayne countys most famous song,google it

Chrissie
Resident

Easyjet

Postby Chrissie » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:23 pm

I must remember to avoid North Devon :roll:
The past cannot be changed, but the present can be spoilt by worrying about the future

costagirl
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Easyjet

Postby costagirl » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:30 pm

Chrissie wrote:I must remember to avoid North Devon :roll:

exactly chrissie...some people can be so rude.
:?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:37 pm

The rules are being changed. I am not sure from what date but the headline price will have to include all extra fees, taxes and supplements.

La Raya
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby La Raya » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:57 pm

As I understand it, the new rules that are coming in mean that everything that is an essential cost to being able to fly, has to be included in the headline price. If this is correct, as I believe it is, then luggage, speedy boarding, possibly even manual check-in (using the loo on the plane :lol: ) can be considered non-essential and therefore charged separately. :roll:

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:44 pm

frog wrote:just checked easyjet site,benidorm is talking rubbish too,you can save 10.50 if you have no hold baggage

alison and trigger,you are correct,

i too am flying to bristol to get to wonderful north devon in november

you guys should get your facts correct before posting

Frog, you should get your facts right before posting.

If you re-read what Benidorm has written, he is saying the same thing as Alsin and Trigger, whom you believe! :roll:

i.e. Alison- the hold baggage is 10.50

Trigger - they automatically add the 10.50 on for hold baggage, unless you change it

Benidorm - when you click on baggage charges you can minus the charge which lowers the price by 10.50

Lesson of this story is...Frog-learn to read BEFORE you jump :lol:
vino, sol y aire, y seras rico como nadie

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:57 pm

So, are you saying that there is NO free baggage allowance included in the fare? :shock:

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:00 pm

No free hold baggage, they are not charging for hand luggage....yet.
Monarch are also charging for hold luggage now, took them awhile.

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:39 pm

All taxes are included in the initial price which is much better than before and all I can say is that I found the site very simple to use, much less work than ryanair or other sites and best prices too for my journey by a long chalk.........

Sorry I have checked the site just now and you do have to untick for hold luggage or for travel insurance...........but I don´t remember doing that on my booking and I don´t have a case booked. In the last breakdown they tell you how much was fare, how much taxes etc...... all in all it seemed very straight forward and a lot more honest to me.....as cheap initial fares did not increase at the end.

Free hold luggage has not been included for quite some time Katy but Easyjet have unlimited weight limit for hand luggage, its just the bag size that is restricted.

Hold luggage seems optional to me for short haul flights as so many of us use them like buses....so I guess you could argue it was not an essential in this case.......

Either way I´m satisfied and found it easier to use. At least they don´t fight with you to keep add ons like travel insurance and hotels, car hire etc by repeatedly asking the same question in a different way, as the ryanair site seems to do............

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:59 pm

karandjon,

Thank you for correcting the rather misguided Mr.Frog....

I do apologise to Mr.Frog and any other Pondlife, if my explanation wasn't very clear ,unfortunately sometimes my dyslexia shows through......

I suspect that sometimes, whatever I write will be 'pulled to pieces' by the few members suffering from diminished responsibilities.....

Whatever.....if it amuses the feeble minded....I don't really mind.....

Have a Good Weekend Everyone..... :wink:

Regards......Gordon...

Coin Boy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Coin Boy » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:29 am

A dose of reality?

Whose first choice would be to travel with an airline that denies its legal obligations to passengers until the aggrieved passengers contact their local newspaper and only cough up then?
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/travel ... 488981.ece

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:05 pm

Nah, Coinboy.

I'd rather fly BA and Virgin who collude to fix their prices!