gibraltar

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
smash
Andalucia.com Amigo

gibraltar

Postby smash » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:25 pm

ok boys and girls-here's whats on my mind. ive been there hundreds of times since i moved to spain about 3 and a half orbits around the sun ago. but i never had enough time to go up on the top of the rock. now im going there again this saturday and i am completely aware that it doesnt matter who im going to ask they are going to send me to someone with a van or something like and rip me off. now im also aware theres some small mountain path so you could walk to the top(and i know its gonna take me quite a while) but with the world crisis and knowing how easily you get ripped off there as soon as they found out you are not from gibraltar. so does anyone have any information? its gonna be deeply appreciated!

flan_taster
Resident

Re: gibraltar

Postby flan_taster » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:43 am

Last time I went the thing that goes up and down suspended on the end of a few cables was being maintained. The option was to walk up ...and down. So I missed it too. :lol:

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:07 am

well,the best bet for you is to either buy a map... or ask the locals in the shops or up main street to point you in the right direction to the bottom of the rock..Its a long way up mind.watch out for the rancid monkeys along the way,take a big stick! :lol:

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:36 pm

If you are driving to Gibraltar why not drive up the Rock. There is an admission charge but, as I recall, it´s not that expensive.

ian.wilson
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ian.wilson » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:27 pm

Was up there in the car last Saturday, if you drive up after 17:30hrs the gates are open but the office closed so it's free. The monkeys are still about and you won't be able to go in the caves or tunnels but hay credit crisis the view is still a good one!

Cheers
Ian
Oh Yes! another day in paradise!