cordoba/seville visit

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
JAKE M
Resident

cordoba/seville visit

Postby JAKE M » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:58 pm

Hi guys, I haven't been on here as much lately as I have an obsession with a volkswagen campervan I am trying to renovate. However, we are coming out to the axarquia region for 2 weeks in November. We want to drive up to see the above two places for a few days. Does anyone know of a nice place to stay somewhere in between that we can stay, yet travel to either city in an hour or so?
It can be a small hotel or spa type hotel, preferably old spanish style as opposed to modern.
Also, if you know of a good hotel in either city you could recommend for up to 100 euros per night.
cheers
There is no such thing as gravity-Earth sucks

lis48
Resident

Re: cordoba/seville visit

Postby lis48 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:54 pm

Córdoba and Sevilla are only about 120 kms apart so an hour on the Ave train that connects them, only about €20 return. I would suggest you stay a couple of nights in Sevilla and take a day trip from there to Córdoba.
Más vale un "por si acaso" que un "¿quién lo iba a saber?"

alisonb
Resident

Postby alisonb » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:03 pm

We did it the other way round to lis48's suggestion. We stayed in Cordoba at Hotel Occidental. It's a big hotel, but it's just on the outskirts, and has lovely gardens and free parking. We took a bus into the centre (about 10 minutes) then the train to Seville. We love Cordoba and have been a few times now. Although the full rate for the hotel is expensive, we've never paid more than 60 euros for a double room. Forget breakfast in the hotel - plenty of places in the centre. Free parking is a BIG bonus - most hotels in Cordoba (and presumably in Seville) charge around 12 - 15 euros for a night's parking. Have a good time there.
AlisonB

Campo Gill
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Campo Gill » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:41 pm

sounds like you are more interested in the hotel than the place you are visiting. have you been to ronda? there is a great hotel there..80-100 euros a night. free beer/wine/sherry juices etc..all booze free and you help yourself from the bar....very quirky hotel. full buffet breakfast included..hot and cold foods. served from early til late..so a lie in. we have been there twice and loved it..due another visit. quiet road ..free parking outside....lots to do and see in ronda.!!! have fun!! the htel is called enfrent arte.....might be booked out as very popular!

http://www.enfrentearte.com/english/home.html

lis48
Resident

Postby lis48 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:48 am

Alisonb´s idea is good but I strongly suggest you get up early and see the mezquita before the crowds arrive, as soon as it opens. It´s wonderful in the peace and quiet and the entrance is free as an individual early morning ( I think before 10a.m. but check) so you save quite a bit of money. Then go for a €2 cafe breakfast afterwards and watch the coaches arrive and feel smug! I always stay right next to the mezquita, cheap and a lovely view of the walls. There are several basic small hotels with patios e.g. Hotel Mezquita, El Conquistador, Plateros are all good. But park at the station and get a taxi as they won´t have parking, or leave your car behind and travel just by train.
Más vale un "por si acaso" que un "¿quién lo iba a saber?"