Overnight train Malaga to Barcelona return

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
sampedrena
Resident

Overnight train Malaga to Barcelona return

Postby sampedrena » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:57 pm

Does anyone have any advice or information about this journey, please? I've looked at the renfe site and there seem to be a variety of bed / cabin / seat options. It looks as if you can book a double cabin - which would be ideal for us - but it seems pretty cheap (if you don't go for the option with dinner, etc) and I don't want us to end up in sort of dormitory-type accommodation! Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
La vida es un espejo, si sonries ella te sonrie

marchamona
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Overnight train Malaga to Barcelona return

Postby marchamona » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:20 am

This may not be the case here, but a while ago I saw overnight accommodation on the train, at a reasonable price.But when I went to book it was a supplement for sleeping car, which was added to the normal fare.

Kathy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Kathy » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:44 am

I booked this train a couple of years ago and the sleeper cabin had a foul smell of cigarette smoke coming through the vents.
It may have improved, but it spoilt the journey for me at the time.

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:46 pm

A couple of months ago we took the Tren Hotel Night Sleeper from Madrid to Paris. There is a choice of accommodation from aircraft-type seating through to shared cabins with four beds/bunks to individual 2 bed/bunk cabins with or without shower facilities. The service is run by a Company called Elipsos which is a joint venture between RENFE and French railways - details are on the Elipsos web site accessed through the RENFE site.
We splashed out and went for the Grand Classe which was a individual cabin with shower and included an excellent evening meal with a good choice on the menu plus wine and also breakfast the following morning. There was nothing to fault. Not cheap but something nice to do once in a while.

The Malaga - Barcelona Tren Hotel service offers the same standards. I can recommend.