NOISY DISRUPTIVE CHILDREN

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Geoff D
Tourist

Re: NOISY DISRUPTIVE CHILDREN

Postby Geoff D » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:06 pm

I read this post this morning with interest and totally agree with all comments. I then went into my local town not realising it is half term. The town was full of children of all ages shouting(why does everyone have to be so loud these days) swearing ( all ages and both sexes) stealing things ( I took great pleasure in pointing out one little thief to the security man in Sainsburys) eating burgers, pies,sausage rolls and anything else unhealthy they could get their gruppy mits on and discarding the wrappers or containers, and I thought WHY ?
There are numerous reasons; lack of manners, education,respect,common sense, decent parents etc. But the most worrying thing was the number of young women with small children who will undoubledly be the next set of noisy disruptive kids we may have to encounter on holiday :x :x
Bring me sunshine

concorde
Resident

Postby concorde » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:16 pm

I have noticed that when Spanish parents take out young children in the evening to bars etc they rarely supply them with toys etc. so the kids naturally get bored and start charging around.

As I usually have lots of bits and pieces in my bag, I have occasionally distracted someone's toddler from running into the road or falling off railings. even drawing on serviettes keeps them amused for a while. Unfortunately I lost a very good compact mirror one evening, the little girl was so fascinated by peeping at herself and wailed so much when it was time for her parents to leave the bar, I hadn't the heart to take it from her.

I'm sorry Scot, but I cracked up when I read about the mannequins in your store :lol:

We have 4 boys living next door in Spain and their parents are not slow to give them a wallop, especially the small terrible twins. they were chucking stones once along with their other little pals and their mum came out and walloped them all!!!
I'm always disappointed when a liar's pants don't actually catch on fire.

wendyakemp
Resident

Postby wendyakemp » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:32 pm

Hi Concorde
I totally agree. My eldest children first flew at two an one, they sat at the windows with one adult each so that we had control of everything and could nip any probs in the bud. People kept remarking at how good they were and a few years later when the next one came they were "upgraded " to sitting together on the understanding that one false move and they would NEVER come again.
My third child was a real nightmare and needed two to pin him down but nobody ever knew, he was later diagnosed with attention defecit and mild autism.
I am now at the stage where I dread some adults sitting next to me but the worst experience I had was an American family with three children and two even bigger kids only interested in themselves.
The sweet little six year old that said the most inappropriate things even explained in graphic detail how she lost part of her fingers.......her mother left her playing with the shredder at two years old!!!!

Scot
Resident

Postby Scot » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:17 pm

Concorde lucky I have mastered the knack of my face ( :D ) not matching my thoughts ( :twisted: )

Kamila
Resident

Postby Kamila » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:04 pm

I agree with all the comments here. I can't stand disruptive noisy children. I think it is all down to parenting. If parents don't discipline their children and don't teach them what's right and what's wrong then children will grow up in to nasty adults who will then have nasty children. It is not easy to bring up children and a lot of parents nowadays want an easy life. I have been very strict with my daughter and I am glad to say that she grew up in to a lovely adult. She now has a little boy and he is a well behaved child. He is 8 and has been flying to Spain on his own (on BA's accompanied flight) since he was 6 years old. When his mum picks him up at the airport the stewardesses always comment how well he behaved on the journey.

jo-ann
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jo-ann » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:05 pm

A couple of weeks ago at Gibraltar airport we had the child from hell in the departure lounge. The mother wasn't english or spanish and did not bother with the child at all. This kid managed to find the loud speaker tannoy, so we had screaming all over the lounge and then he found out how to turn all the lights off. It was the journey from hell as the incoming flight couldn't land, so we had hours to wait with this monster and then when hours later we actually got on an aircraft and everyone was trying to avoid being anywhere near this kid, it played havoc with the stewardess who had to literally almost tie it into the seat. I think we all hoped at Gatwick when it climbed on to the conveyer belt with the luggage that it would be transported far far away.

Scot
Resident

Postby Scot » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:54 am

I'm very aware of peoples reactions towards me (a tut, sigh or :wtf: would horrify me) and I would be mortified if someone was thinking I wasn't a good parent or that my children were rude, as they are an extension of me. However, I've gone past caring whether anyone actually likes me or not - that's a whole different ballgame and I am, with great success, geting rid of my "friends" I met in Spain very quickly :D
Got to dash.........................off to work!

dido72
Resident

Postby dido72 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:34 am

I feel I have to spring to the defence of my own children who are 7yrs, 5yrs and 3yrs old, they are no trouble in airports or on flights, we take them out with us wherever we go and they are always well behaved and polite. They do run around and can be quite noisy which is perfectly normal behaviour, if they get too much we ask them to calm down a bit which they do. I love to see children playing, we had a houseful the other day all running around, laughing and shouting to each other it was great fun!!

I agree with Julian and a few others, children may be less disciplined these days but older people are also much less tolerant too! There is a difference between naughtiness and just being a kid.

phatram

Postby phatram » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:55 pm

laswalkirias wrote:Is it only me that goes into panic mode in the departure lounge when i spot 3 to 11 year old boys and girls about to board my aircraft.
When I was that age any noisy outbursts in public, were swiftly dealt with by my mother by verbal threats or the fear of the slipper or the back of her hand when I got home. It seems to me that it is the norm for parents to "negotiate" with their horrific children rather than chastise them.
Stuck in a small airline seat next to the most obnoxious children for a few hours is my idea of holiday hell.
Why dont these parents just get it, we dont want to look at or hear their dreadful offspring whilst travelling in planes.Control them,slap them, do what you like with them but just let the rest of us travel in peace
Rant over
You should be ashamed of yourself. I suppose you were a perfect child? And when you weren't you were threatened with violence. No wonder you have such strange ideas eh?.

crazyred
Resident

Postby crazyred » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:39 pm

We can't seem to win as parents these days... if we chastise our children verbally then we are not dealing with them strongly enough but, if we threaten with a smack or actually do smack we get dirty looks, tutted at or reported to the authorities :roll:

I also agree that there is far less tolerance particularly among the older British generation. They are children and need to play and let off steam and yes, that can be noisy. When we are with Spanish friends, we are not allowed to tell our children off and are told 'leave them, they're children!'

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:04 pm

Children should be seen and not heard, the badly behaved children of today are the chavs of tomorrow, you reap what you sow 8)
Ah! the full english!!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:35 pm

My Hero :clap:

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:38 pm

I couldn't agree more Retro P :clap:
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:14 pm

Why thank you ladies :thumbup:
Ah! the full english!!

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:02 am

maybe you lot could just have children banned !!! :?

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:10 am

Children bring fun and joy into our lives.Whats up with you peeps! :thumbdown:

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:21 am

many children seem to be better behaved than many adults these days,I´d rather sit next to a child on the plane than many adults I have had the pleasure of sitting next to !

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:07 pm

Screaming, moaning, blaming everybody else, shouting when someone else is trying to speak, can't sit down without jumping up for no reason, arrogant etc etc. I'll really have to stop watching prime minister's questions.

ps ... kids are worse.
Dave

patchdog
Resident

Postby patchdog » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:41 pm

and then they grow up..........................

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:44 am

julian wrote:maybe you lot could just have children banned !!! :?
No just the parents :yawn:
Ah! the full english!!