Has O.Leary made a Ratneresque statement?

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
beachbabe
Resident

Re: Has O.Leary made a Ratneresque statement?

Postby beachbabe » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:41 pm

when people realise that after adding all the extras they could pay less with another airline,they might start deserting him
Nope, they are Europe's most popular and fastest growing airline - oh and their staff don't go on strike like BA's spoilt brats.

Ryanair are always the cheapest airline on any route as long as you avoid priority boarding, have the capability to measure your cabin bag, don't have hold luggage, don't take their insurance and pay by FX card.

That suits me. If it didn't i would NEVER look at Ryanair 'cos you probably would find cheaper flights.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:24 pm

Colinm wrote:
Lyric wrote:
katy wrote:Bongtrees you could be right. This statement implies that safety is not a great concern for the airline. I would wonder if they also cut corners with maintenance of their aircraft.
Have you ever wondered why they have few technical delays and are predominantly on time.
Coming from a mechanical background, fewer technical delays implies a better maintanence regime.
As to how they are predominantly on time - its easy, add 20/30 minutes to the true flight time.
1. Most operators add 15 to 30 minutes it is normal practice

2. Check my profile

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Postby Bongtrees » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:32 pm

beachbabe wrote: Nope, they are Europe's most popular and fastest growing airline - oh and their staff don't go on strike like BA's spoilt brats.
Ryanair are always the cheapest airline on any route as long as you avoid priority boarding, have the capability to measure your cabin bag, don't have hold luggage, don't take their insurance and pay by FX card.
Unfortunately Ryanair are the only airline on some routes.................When things get back to normal and other carriers start offering flights the horrible little man will get his *beep* kicked.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

ajtg1952
Resident

Postby ajtg1952 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:26 pm

Bongtrees; I don't think so!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:34 pm

When I was looking for return flights to Hurn for my wife and return flights from Bristol for my mother none of the other airlines even came close to Ryanair's prices. It wasn't a case of a few euros either, the other airlines bottom line prices were practically double those of Ryanair.
Let's go Brandon!

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:48 pm

Love him or hate him, O'Leary has certainly got his business plan right, hence the continued growth of the airline.

In his view, there is no such thing as bad publicity, especially when it is free and, given the end results, it would appear that he has been right more often than wrong.

Colinm
Resident

Postby Colinm » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:40 am

And they even laugh at themselves (as well as the customer) as they now have the 'Fascinating Aida' link on the website homepage! :clap:
ádh mór ort agus sláinte.....
(Good luck and good health)!

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:49 am

As far as MO's suggestion of doing away with the co-pilot is concerned, the opposite is likely to happen with better qualified co-pilots being recommended in the USA.

A high-level FAA advisory panel, seeking to improve cockpit safety, has called for significantly enhanced training and proficiency standards for airline co-pilots, according to people familiar with the report.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... %3Darticle
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!