Ryanair £2 delay/cancel levy

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
anewlife
Andalucia.com Amigo

Ryanair £2 delay/cancel levy

Postby anewlife » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:40 pm

Does anyone know what the £2 compulsory delay/cancel levy charge is on Ryanair flights? As usual, they've not announced anything on their news page because it isn't good news....

ajtg1952
Resident

Re: Ryanair £2 delay/cancel levy

Postby ajtg1952 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:42 am

I think if you had looked under Ryanair's "News" tab that they announced it, very openly, on 30 March 2011.

One thing you cannot accuse Ryanair of is hiding information, good or bad. They are a very open airline. I for one fully agree with the charge. Why should a business be penalised for things completely out off their control. Any business would try to re-coup this type of loss, though most would do it without informing the customer.

I have attached to link so you can read their press release yourself.

http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair- ... -of-2-euro

anewlife
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby anewlife » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:34 am

Thanks for the info. I did look in their news section, but couldn't see it, so obviously I must have been half asleep! I agree with you too on this, just wondered what it was all about. Wonder when the other airlines will follow suit?

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:27 am

As the Ryanair web site says, it is to recover costs paid out to passnegers under EU Rule 362, when they didn't have to.

As I have posted elsewhere, many politicians, the media and many so-called aviation experts claimed the airlines were responsible under EU rule 261 for paying such compensation, even though they conveniently ignored paragraph 14 that exempted them from doing so.

I don't blame the airlines for wanting to recover this money. I would suggest that every airline is doing the same. Unfortunately they can hide it away in the fare without mentioning it. Fares change daily so it is easy to hide.

As ajtg1952 says, at least Ryanair are being open about it.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:19 pm

"Well, apart from getting chucked off the plane last year due to a mix up on their part, we flew the next morning and got £500 compensation, I have no complaints"

This is to pay concordes compensation.

anyroads

concorde
Resident

Postby concorde » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:18 pm

Yes, I was quite happy with our compo, although not too chuffed at the time, to put it mildly.

Still you win some, you lose some as I lost £400 of that with Crown Currency :thumbdown:
I'm always disappointed when a liar's pants don't actually catch on fire.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:09 pm

you should have gone to Specsavers.

anyroads

Sandramay
Resident

Postby Sandramay » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:02 am

Well, they must be putting our £2s to the advertised use. Yesterday, out of the blue, I received a small cheque from them for being delayed for a week by the ash cloud a year ago. :thumbup:
Sandramay