Good Torremolinos Restaurants

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Bugsbunny
Resident

Good Torremolinos Restaurants

Postby Bugsbunny » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:35 pm

Hi folks,

T'other half and I are back to Torremolinos in May and would like to try a different restaurant to our normal haunts. We usually eat at the Cacerola, Roma (often), Bodegon, La Ola (although only twice), Ciao (Calle Casablanca) and occasionally at the Golden Curry.

Can anyone recommend somewhere good to eat where we can go for a change?

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Re: Good Torremolinos Restaurants

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:45 pm

Treat yourself to a Jumbo Haddock at Casa Kon Tiki....a taste of Yorkshire in Los Boliches!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:11 pm

Probably the best value in the area. We have been on and off for years if around the area. Really nice people too.

http://www.thecarverycompany.com/the_ca ... ntemar.php

Bugsbunny
Resident

Postby Bugsbunny » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:24 am

Thanks guys. Kate, is The Carvery on the main road? If so, how far down please? Just trying to picture it in my minds eye....

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:04 am

It's nearer the sea than the main Rd. Would be a longish walk from there. Directly across from the aloha puerto hotel there is a small street and it's 2 mins up there. When we've been we usually walk through the Hotel to the Paseo (walk off the big meal :lol: ) Best to book, haven't been for about 2 years but it was always full even in the dead of winter. One of the few British owned places I have seen patronised by local spanish.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:32 am

That Carvery might do better if the link for the map showing the Torremolinos one did not insist on opening the Benalmádena map..... :roll:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:37 pm

Peter it works fine for me. Perhaps you clicked on to their other carvery :?

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:34 pm

Hmmmm - to me, less than 100 metres from the Marina, that is Benalmádena - not Torremolinos!
The other one, that they say is Benalmádena is much more Arroyo de la Miele!
:P

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:38 pm

Yes the two places do run into one another, hard to tell the boundary :) I think after the Marina, malaga direction is Torremolinos.

Bugsbunny
Resident

Postby Bugsbunny » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:23 pm

So it's quite a way from Torremolinos then.....?

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:07 pm

A bit of a walk from where I (and by the sound of it, you) think of as Torremolinos!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:53 pm

Depends which part of Torremolinos you are in, only 5 mins from Carihuela which was the original fishing village.

Kamila
Resident

Postby Kamila » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:02 pm

If you like a Paella then there is a Restaurant on the Paseo Costa Lago called Casa Paco. their Paella is the best. The Restaturant is a beach one. There are two of them but the beach one does the paella best. They also have a good selection of fish dishes. Restaurant La Brasa is very good too, it is also on Paseo more or less opposite Casa Paco. Their speciality are steaks.
Kamila

murbisa
Resident

Postby murbisa » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:25 pm

We eat a lot in Casa Paco as well. Daytime we go to the beach one and in the evenings we go to the other one. I have only ever had one bad meal in there in 9 years. They have no idea how to make a prawn omelette!! But on the plus side I love the spanish music in the evenings.

Kamila
Resident

Postby Kamila » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:37 pm

Yes, I forgot, the non beach Casa Paco have music on in the evenings in summer. But I prefer the beach one. they were the first ones and I think that their food is better. Just a personal choice. The other Casa Paco opened much later. It is a family run business and the fatherr still oversee them all. We've been going there for 25 years now and I don't think we ever had a bad meal.

murbisa
Resident

Postby murbisa » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:13 pm

The other one I like is Toro Azul. I think that what it is called. Up the steps to the town and straight on in the main tourist street. it is upstairs. We have had a couple of good meals in there. I also like La Ola that you mentioned.

Bugsbunny
Resident

Postby Bugsbunny » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:29 pm

We have toyed with the idea of going into El Toro Azul on sooooo many occasions but have never done it - so it's worth a visit then.....?

Bugsbunny
Resident

Postby Bugsbunny » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:42 pm

By the way, our apartment is in the centre of Torremolinos - about 5 or 6 minutes walk from El Toro Azul :)

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:04 pm

Hi BB, I know exactly where you are (well, not exactly which tower, hopefully the newly painted one with views of the biggest waste of money in town - the museum) so I'm surprised you didn't mention Lanjarrón as one of your regulars. Just up the hill past Sevillana's office (Calle Europa); either of the two are fine, we always go to the second one up (two brothers, allegedly don't speak, so whichever one you go to first will be the one you stick to!) simple food at good prices - the mains seem ridiculously cheap until you see the size of the starters! Always busy with Spanish & foreign locals. And you really should try La Barraca, directly opposite Ciao on C/Casablanca (entrance to Pueblo Blanco). Argentinian owned, huge choice on the menus, from big baps to pizza to jackets to full meals - try the criollo (spicy sausage). Perfect time of year to sit outside in the evening watching the world go by. Gets packed at weekends after 9pm. Buen provecho!
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

Bugsbunny
Resident

Postby Bugsbunny » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:48 am

Hola Miro. We've been to Lanjaron once or twice and yes you're right - we really should use it more often. Keep forgetting about it to be honest but with money being tight for all concerned, just might try it again. I think we've been to La Barraca but not sure. We went to the one on the right as you walk into Pueblo Blanco - o'ther half had 'red' sausages.... I had a four seaons pizza but the anchovies just ruined it for me. Can't get on with those little blighters :lolno: Or are you talking about the place on the left of the entrance?

Years ago I was taken to La Crema (I think it's called) just behind Calle Casablanca near the police station I think. Do you know anything about that place?