Jet2.CON

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Jet2.CON

Postby Mowser » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:19 pm

No I haven't spelled it wrongly! I've just checked in online for a flight for my mother-in-law who is 87.
As I didn't pre-book a seat for the outward journey, a seat was pre-allocated at no extra cost. She was allocated a seat in the back row. I mentioned on the booking form that she has "slight" mobility problems. Obviously that was ignored. I spent £3.99 getting her a seat near the front.

I then checked in online for the return journey. They pre-allocated a seat for her at the emergency exit. The note said that passengers in this seat should be able-bodied and be prepared to help out in an emergency. :wtf:

I spent another £3.99 getting her a seat nearer the front.

WHAT A CON!

And people complain about Ryanair?
Dave

ajtg1952
Resident

Re: Jet2.CON

Postby ajtg1952 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:17 pm

I am sorry Mowser, but I do not think this is a con. You should have pre-booked seats in the first place to avoid any problems!

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:36 pm

...and compared with some airlines, £3.99 is not a lot of money. She's worth that, surely? :)
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:51 pm

Frank
Of course she is! The point is that she was allocated totally inappropriate seats. I contacted Jet2.CON and explained this.
Dave

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:19 am

ajtg1952 wrote:I am sorry Mowser, but I do not think this is a con. You should have pre-booked seats in the first place to avoid any problems!
Maybe not a con, but does show that their automated system ignores anything in the notes.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Fri May 13, 2011 6:45 pm

Apology received today from Jet2com. I was told to phone a UK number - not a 10p or 50p a minute one - to book the assistance. Their site now has an option to tick on the left for "wheelchair assistance."

As the phone number was a normal UK one and as I have Voipcheap - the call was free.
Dave

Bowler
Resident

Postby Bowler » Fri May 13, 2011 7:51 pm

I read in one rag today that the EU are considering bringing in a one flight one price rule, ie the price advertised is the price you pay, you will still be getting a very basic package though !!

annfoto
Resident

Postby annfoto » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:46 pm

I travelled to Edinburgh & back with Jet2.com last week and I was not impressed. :thumbdown:
The plane should have been in a museum, bits of interior trim either hanging off or stuck with mastic, the engines were so noisy that I was deaf for the first 24 hrs. Once we were airborne they announced that "Due to a misunderstanding with our catering company there was no food only alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks are available" - I wonder if they forgot to pay the bill.
The return flight was a mess too. We had checked in online so only had to go to the bag drop desk. There were about 600 people in front of us, only 3 bag drop desks open serving 4 flights all taking off at the same time. We queued for almost an hour to check in our bags. The return plane wasn't as bad as the outbound one but there was sill bits of trim hanging off which doesn't inspire confidence.
Easyjet next time!
Ann

Bowler
Resident

Postby Bowler » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:06 pm

I will apologise in adavance for the offence this post is likely to cause.

Cheap people are always on the lookout for something cheap (like the ones who always look to see what's in the skip) !

If you want cheap why not try swimming or hitchhiking, on the otherhand if you want a full flight service then you need to go with British Airways and pay the full price, instead of always trying to find the cheapest option then complaining about it !!

annfoto
Resident

Postby annfoto » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:02 pm

Bowler,
I am getting weary of your sub-prime comments.
BA DO NOT OPERATE ANY ROUTES FROM MALAGA TO SCOTLAND
Ann

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:21 pm

Annfoto
They DO fly from Scotland but there's a stop-off at London City or Gatwick. Cheapest one-way I've seen is £98... Glasgow - Gatwick - Malaga. Total time is 7 hours 15 minutes.
Dave

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:31 pm

I am sure there will now be a rush to endure a day spent travelling, possibly with a change of aircraft, just to enjoy the BA experience!
Much more sophisticated than flying in half the time, at maybe half the cost (most times) on a basic-service airline!
I used to use BA a fair bit for work, flying from Leeds to Inverness, Belfast, Aberdeen, Glasgow or even Wick (with sometimes a transfer to a smaller aircraft that dropped me outside the building I wanted at Dounray!). I don't think that would be possible these days?
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:55 pm

peteroldracer wrote: .... Wick (with sometimes a transfer to a smaller aircraft that dropped me outside the building I wanted at Dounray!). I don't think that would be possible these days?
Sorry, off topic I know, but my Dad used to visit Dounray :wave: !!
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

annfoto
Resident

Postby annfoto » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:57 pm

Mowser wrote:Annfoto
They DO fly from Scotland but there's a stop-off at London City or Gatwick. Cheapest one-way I've seen is £98... Glasgow - Gatwick - Malaga. Total time is 7 hours 15 minutes.
I know that Mouser I have done that once when I had to get back urgently for a funeral. When you add on time to travel to airport & destination, getting through security, bag pick-up etc you are looking at a 10 hour journey minimum.
The cost of my Jet2.com flights by b.t.w. including 1 bag and all charges:
Outbound €72, Return €164
Ann

Bowler
Resident

Postby Bowler » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:08 pm

annfoto wrote:Bowler,
I am getting weary of your sub-prime comments.
BA DO NOT OPERATE ANY ROUTES FROM MALAGA TO SCOTLAND
Anni baby do they or do they not operate flights between Scotland and Malaga, please make up your mind which poster you are siding with !!

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:23 pm

I think she meant DIRECT routes. Obviously you can travel from anywhere to anywhere that has an airport.
Dave

Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Postby Campo Steve » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:06 pm

Yep. Annfoto was acknowledging flights that go via Gatwick. No confusion there.
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:52 pm

anyone know if it is possible to fly direct from scotland to andorra?

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:29 pm

Would be difficult as Andorra has no Airport only a Heliport!

annfoto
Resident

Postby annfoto » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:36 pm

One for BA fans, this happened on Monday:
Panic spread as a BA plane bound for Malaga was hit by mechanical problems hours after a Glasgow-London jet with many of the same people on board fell through the air.

Now furious passengers are demanding an apology from BA for their double ordeal.

Passengers, including kids and OAPs, were left in fear as the cabin pressure dropped and oxygen masks came down from the ceiling of their plane from Glasgow to London.

The BA2957 flight, with 116 passengers on board, was met by fire engines at Gatwick airport as it made an emergency landing.

Just a couple of hours later, many of the passengers affected had caught an onward flight to Malaga.

But the plane on the BA2714 flight, which had 124 passengers, developed a landing gear fault 30 minutes into the journey.

Oxygen masks dropped again as the pilot ordered an emergency landing and turned back.

Yesterday, one of the passengers hit by the double emergency on Thursday said: "There are a lot of very upset passengers."
Both planes were 17 year old 737s, were they properly maintained?
Ann